Birthday And Other Calibrations In Philippines Culture

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
( Endless borrowing, live today and not worry about tomorrow (like saving for medical emergencies) are the typical Filipino way.)Hear Hear Jake.Lets have a party,   buy useless things,  buy a phone,   go out and get drunk,   Lets spend all our money today.Dont worry about tomorrow when the rent is due or we have no food, or the kids have an accident and need medical treatment.Now I am probably going to get jumped on by my beautiful and loving wife Che Che, BUT IMHO,It is not culture.....Just Stupidity.Waiting for the flakRegards Brock.                                :lmao:
I am going to jump in here because I do not wish this to get out of hand. Stupidity is a very strong word to use and while I believe you are directing it at your wife, and what goes on between a man and his wife are none of my business, IMO words like that should not be used on an open forum or even in a marriage or directed at a people, and IMO they will only lead to more problems. I of course cannot tell you what to do in your life, but I can tell you both that it would be best to argue in private. Cultural items and things learned in upbringing can be very difficult for many of us to understand but unfortunately for us, and for them, that is often their way and when it is, then IMHO that is why the PHL is in such trouble because of the live for today attitude. 

URGIRL
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee, its alright he's not that mean its ok i understand, now it remind me a joke (A MAN SAID TO HIS WIFE ONE DAY," I DON'T KNOW HOW U CAN BE SO STUPID AND BEAUTIFUL ALL AT THE SAME TIME." THE WIFE RESPONDED,"ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN.GOD MADE ME BEAUTIFUL SO U WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO ME,GOD MADE ME STUPID SO I WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO U AND BE WITH U. :lmao: .... kind regards,Che che

( Endless borrowing, live today and not worry about tomorrow (like saving for medical emergencies) are the typical Filipino way.)Hear Hear Jake.Lets have a party,   buy useless things,  buy a phone,   go out and get drunk,   Lets spend all our money today.Dont worry about tomorrow when the rent is due or we have no food, or the kids have an accident and need medical treatment.Now I am probably going to get jumped on by my beautiful and loving wife Che Che, BUT IMHO,It is not culture.....Just Stupidity.Waiting for the flakRegards Brock.                                :)
I am going to jump in here because I do not wish this to get out of hand. Stupidity is a very strong word to use and while I believe you are directing it at your wife, and what goes on between a man and his wife are none of my business, IMO words like that should not be used on an open forum or even in a marriage or directed at a people, and IMO they will only lead to more problems. I of course cannot tell you what to do in your life, but I can tell you both that it would be best to argue in private. Cultural items and things learned in upbringing can be very difficult for many of us to understand but unfortunately for us, and for them, that is often their way and when it is, then IMHO that is why the PHL is in such trouble because of the live for today attitude. 

brock
Posted
Posted

Well Lee, Let me first say I am not arguing with my wife, I would never do that, So no chance of anything getting out of hand :)Also I wasnt directing it at my wife, I was directing it to most of the filipino people has a whole And if you noticed, I did say imhoAnd as for the word stupidity not being used on an open forum, well quite frankly, I think that is Stupidity in itself, imho :)My wife and I never argue, Because she knows I am always Right :)I know I said I was waiting for some flak, But I think You jumped in a little too fast :):lmao: Regards Brock

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Hi Lee, its alright he's not that mean its ok i understand, now it remind me a joke (A MAN SAID TO HIS WIFE ONE DAY," I DON'T KNOW HOW U CAN BE SO STUPID AND BEAUTIFUL ALL AT THE SAME TIME." THE WIFE RESPONDED,"ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN.GOD MADE ME BEAUTIFUL SO U WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO ME,GOD MADE ME STUPID SO I WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO U AND BE WITH U. :lmao: .... kind regards,Che che
Now that is funny.

brock
Posted
Posted
Now that is funny.
ha ha ha I,m falling about laughing..................Whats it called when a woman is paralysed from the waist down....MARRIAGE.....Now thats funny :)

URGIRL
Posted
Posted (edited)

am nice Brock, We must always think about things, and we must think about things as they are, not as they are said to be. well am off to bed now :lmao: :) kind regards, Che che

Hi Lee, its alright he's not that mean its ok i understand, now it remind me a joke (A MAN SAID TO HIS WIFE ONE DAY," I DON'T KNOW HOW U CAN BE SO STUPID AND BEAUTIFUL ALL AT THE SAME TIME." THE WIFE RESPONDED,"ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN.GOD MADE ME BEAUTIFUL SO U WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO ME,GOD MADE ME STUPID SO I WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO U AND BE WITH U. :) .... kind regards,Che che
Now that is funny.
ha ha ha I,m falling about laughing..................Whats it called when a woman is paralysed from the waist down....MARRIAGE.....Now thats funny :)
Edited by URGIRL

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think this topic has ran its course and drifted away from the original topic so time to move on. cheers.gif