Jake
Posted
Posted
You knew this was going to happen
Another good one Lee -- thank you!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And to go along with my topic, I hope the TSA see a lot of the below, :)  and it disgusts them. :) What will be next, suppository anal cavity checks.   :)  Sh*t hundreds of thousands of people get on cruise ships daily and they do not check the passengers half as much, millions of illegal people have come across the Mexican border and more come everyday and many are living illegally in the US, and they do not even know who they are and have never checked what they are bringing into the country, but honest law abiding citizens have to be machine stripped searched in order to fly.    :lmao: When the hell will they wake up and understand that profiling beats losing all their customers. I know that my wife and I usually fly a lot but will be flying a lot less, and I would not even bother to go to the Philippines in protest if we did not have a home there, and I am sure I am but one of many who feel that way. The terrorists have basically won.   :(

post-40-004929900 1290647942_thumb.jpg

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

On our flight out back to the Philippines just last month from SFO airport, TSA had the scanners, but my wife and I didn't even go through it and wasn't even body searched! They had 2 lines, one and without going through the body scanners! Don't know why's that! I guess we didn't fit their profile!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont know what the problem is,would it not be better to have to walk through a machine than running the risk of being blown out of the sky.Every extra security method is one more deterrent to a would be terrorist or at least making their job harder to kill you.Perhaps you will argue that it could be embarrassing to be seen on a full body scan but its like a doctor who sees thousands of naked body's,seen one your seen them all and no one will remember you and besides all that is seen is a shape.I bet you any money if you were on a plane and some terrorist stands up and announces they have a bomb attached to their body that you would say that the security people or their methods are not good enough.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I dont know what the problem is,would it not be better to have to walk through a machine than running the risk of being blown out of the sky.Every extra security method is one more deterrent to a would be terrorist or at least making their job harder to kill you.Perhaps you will argue that it could be embarrassing to be seen on a full body scan but its like a doctor who sees thousands of naked body's,seen one your seen them all and no one will remember you and besides all that is seen is a shape. I bet you any money if you were on a plane and some terrorist stands up and announces they have a bomb attached to their body that you would say that the security people or their methods are not good enough.
IMO a lot of these ideas are misplaced money making schemes that do not make it any safer for passengers to travel. Just to name one, Israel does not have any of this garbage and has not had a problem in many years because they profile and talk to the passengers. A trained law enforcement person talking to people would be a much more effective tool than the body scans which I believe in the long run will be found to endanger the lives of people down the road because of radiation. I refuse to believe that an item that can see totally through clothing does not use a lot of radiation, and like everything else we will eventually find out that the govt really did not care, and these machines are just one more item that was said to be safe, then later found to be dangerous (and the govt knew it up front). IMHO more cameras in parking areas and drop off areas of the airports and the use of facial recognition software would go a long way to stop terrorism, along with advanced computer background checks of people checking in on flights. People would be amazed what items can be found out about them nowadays with computers and those same items would reduce the need for most people to be scanned, and only those who show up to be a possible threat need to be scanned. Cruise ships use advance check in so the govt can run checks on the passengers and there is no reason that airlines cannot use the same system and only those who take last minute flights need to be subjected to the machines if a quick computer check is not possible or shows a possible problem.This is not really just about these scanners, it is about losing our freedom a piece at a time and where will it stop, would people who go to mall, visit us at our condo, go shopping, and so on and so on, still do it if they had to go through a machine such as those first. The scanners at airports are just the beginning IMHO, and no I am not paranoid, I have just seen behind the scenes way too much during my life. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I dont know what the problem is. . .
Benjamin Franklin said it best, way back in 1775:They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
On our flight out back to the Philippines just last month from SFO airport, TSA had the scanners, but my wife and I didn't even go through it and wasn't even body searched! They had 2 lines, one and without going through the body scanners! Don't know why's that! I guess we didn't fit their profile!
Nice people like you and your wife are given a free pass. AddEmoticons04230.gifIts all these people --1927_.gif -- who get scanned, prodded and probed. They are the ones who are complaining so much. whistling.gifMaybe we can take a trip together sometimes and enjoy our drinks at the bar 558.gif while watching the a-holes get groped.Tom in Texas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's nice of you to say Tom, sure why not! I think we may just see Jake in line getting groped and enjoy it! Ha ha ha! Yeah, it was really strange, because there were a lot of people in line everywhere and I don't think the TSA people where paying any attention at all with the people that were being processed. We were all just treated like a bunch of cattle getting rounded up for the slaughter. It all just seem so disorganized and people all around were just muttering to themselves for some reason instead of just being quiet about the whole fiasco! It felt like being in prison during lock down and being searched! It just felt that one's dignity and freedom just flew out the window!

Jake
Posted
Posted
That's nice of you to say Tom, sure why not! I think we may just see Jake in line getting groped and enjoy it! Ha ha ha! Yeah, it was really strange, because there were a lot of people in line everywhere and I don't think the TSA people where paying any attention at all with the people that were being processed. We were all just treated like a bunch of cattle getting rounded up for the slaughter. It all just seem so disorganized and people all around were just muttering to themselves for some reason instead of just being quiet about the whole fiasco! It felt like being in prison during lock down and being searched! It just felt that one's dignity and freedom just flew out the window!
Oh yeah, since I'm the self proclaimed DOM (certified), I would probably go back in line for another grope and probe. However, next time I travel will be with my most smelliest shoes and socks -- talk about biological warfare.Seriously, I agree with Boss Man -- it only takes just one incident against the million body searches to find out that your seat mate gets up and declares a high-jack at 35K feet.......no problem, I'll just remove my shoes to subdue him.Groped -- Jake