Financial Considerations

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Second thought, if I had more money, we would become jet setters and only be in a country that had the perfect weather we desired and pig out at all the fine restaurants and relax afterwards at a spa resort to be pampered from head to toe and play some tennis with my SS Buddy! Just keep those mojos coming Jake! Oh yeah, we invited Jake and Judy along since all their kids are now adults and on their own. Tom, Bing, Nila and Lee, come join us! All the mojos or Corona beer you can drink including pulutan(snacks) are on Jake!thumbsup.gifmocking.gif

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jake
Posted
Posted
Second thought, if I had more money, we would become jet setters and only be in a country that had the perfect weather we desired and pig out at all the fine restaurants and relax afterwards at a spa resort to be pampered from head to toe and play some tennis with my SS Buddy! Just keep those mojos coming Jake! Oh yeah, we invited Jake and Judy along since all their kids are now adults and on their own. Tom, Bing, Nila and Lee, come join us! All the mojos or Corona beer you can drink including pulutan(snacks) are on Jake!thumbsup.gifmocking.gif
Although the temptation will always be there, I would probably splurge the first year and then get back down to earthand start saving. All my adult life, I never did have any substantial savings. To put away at least 30% of monthly income to a savings account is a luxury in itself, along with endless pitchers of MoJo.Respectfully -- Jake

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Although the temptation will always be there, I would probably splurge the first year and then get back down to earthand start saving. All my adult life, I never did have any substantial savings. To put away at least 30% of monthly income to a savings account is a luxury in itself, along with endless pitchers of MoJo.Respectfully -- Jake
Having "extra" to save would be the greatest luxury of all. 36_1_68[1].gif

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Art... Thanks for keeping Bing and I in your entourage. grouphugg.gifI'll hold your umbrella and make sure you always have a cold one in your hand. 867.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't worry Jake, once you start collecting your Social Security pension at age 62, besides your Military pension and finally make here to the Philippines to retire, you'll be able to save at least 30 to 40% after your monthly expenses! It's all about getting a handle on your monthly budget and don't have any large bills to begin with! And don't get caught up using credit cards unless you pay it off in full before the end of every month! In your case, with TRICARE, it will help having a high limit credit card to pay hospital bills up front with a credit card while waiting for TRICARE to reimburse your claim! Don't empty out your savings account because of high Philippine medical bills, do as I mentioned above and you'll be fine or just go to Medical City in Pasig City for your TRICARE medical needs, because they bill TRICARE directly for retired military families and one in Cebu! All you pay is your $150 deductible per person and 25% cost share of the total bill. Only drawback, your medications aren't covered at Medical City, you'll have to pay upfront of the total cost of your meds and file for reimbursement on your own, which you will get back 70 to 75%, which is better than nothing at all.

Edited by Fil/AmArt