Majic Jack

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well I am a simple guy. I am not familiar with the phone system there but you could at least call the local area where the phone was set up for free. I am sure if you went to their website you could get the exact details for the phone use in Australia. :thumbsup:
No insult meant by it but I did not want Paul to think he could just buy one and then be able to call Australia for free, :thumbsup:

Warlord
Posted
Posted (edited)

Been checking Magic Jack since it came out!Maybe its time....Warlord

Edited by Warlord

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Been checking Magic Jack since it came out!Maybe its time....Warlord
For the price, I cannot see how you can go wrong. It is the price of a dinner out nowadays. If a person drops their long distance service and uses the jack, they will save a bunch of money. I know, I do not have long distance service on my home line and use the jack or my cell to make those calls.I think you may be in the states now, or you can have a friend buy it for you who is, at Radio Shack and save the shipping but have to pay the sales tax which should be lower than shipping. Or you can buy it on-line and get a free 30 day trial. I take one with me wherever we travel. I also forward all my phones to it when we leave, my house to my cell and my cell to the jack as soon as we are about to leave the country, and when we are here, the jack to my cell, so I never miss a call and do not have to give people a bunch of numbers to try to reach me.

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have 1 & my friend in the UK has 1 & we talk all the time. I am cheap so this works good for me.

Edited by Traveler

• 5 months later...
Travis
Posted
Posted
why-me.gif still great but remember to unplug the darn phone if you leave your computer on or people from the states always seem to call during the night SugarwareZ-034.gifmorning1.gif why can't the get the time zones down 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif23_11_62[1].gif

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

I have had one now for about 4-5 months. The problems I have with it is that much of the time the voice is choppy. Reminds me of over modulation on a transmitter with a voltage cutoff point. It is an intermittent problem so I don't know if it is Magic Jack problems, my internet connection or my computer that is the problem. But I have used it on both my laptop and my desktop and still the the intermittent problem. My connection to the internet gives me at least 1meg up to 2megs for speed, so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't know what it is, but it drives me crazy. I really don't use it that much, just use my cell phone for USA calls.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have had one now for about 4-5 months. The problems I have with it is that much of the time the voice is choppy. Reminds me of over modulation on a transmitter with a voltage cutoff point. It is an intermittent problem so I don't know if it is Magic Jack problems, my internet connection or my computer that is the problem. But I have used it on both my laptop and my desktop and still the the intermittent problem. My connection to the internet gives me at least 1meg up to 2megs for speed, so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't know what it is, but it drives me crazy. I really don't use it that much, just use my cell phone for USA calls.
At first I had problems with mine on my older XP laptop and then I added ram to it and it worked much better. I now use it on my newer dual core laptop with Vista and 4 gb of ram or my desktop which is a faster machine dual core Windows 7 and has 6 gb of ram and it does not digitize at all on either one. Also be sure to plug it back in from time to time because they keep doing upgrades that make it work much better. One problem on the older computer is that if I download while talking on the phone, then it will still digitize.

post-40-12573814940346_thumb.png

• 6 months later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Update on Magic Jack. They are now offering Canadian phone numbers as well as the US phone numbers. For a list of area codes available Click Here. Also as a courtesy to our members who live in Cebu, I would be happy to bring them back a Magic Jack at cost upon our next return trip which will be later this year or at the latest February of next year. I will not want any money until I arrive with them, if someone orders one and confirms it before our trip over and then I would expect payment in full soon after we arrive. Magic Jack keeps getting better and better with each passing month and people from other countries besides the US or Canada could even buy 2 units and install one in the Philippines and one in any country and then call back and forth as often as they wish to for no additional charge as long as they have some forum of fast access in both places. I told one of my friends about Magic Jack and they bought 2 units in the store here and have one in their home in Florida and one in their families home in the Philippines and now they get to talk for hours at a time and very often, and all for less than it used to cost them for one months worth of calls.It is a great gadget and I just hope they stay in business forever and I only wish I had been smart enough to have invented it or bought stock in it, or been a distributor for it. Oh well, life goes on and I am just happy to be able to use ours wherever we travel.:thumbs-up-smile:   

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I have also heard bad customer service...I had two issues and they were cleared up on computer text in a few minutes. Magic Jack ROCKS! :AddEmoticons04230:I call my family in the states as needed, as well as my property manager and any issues I have with my medical insurance. NEVER an issue, aside from my own stupidity. :thumbs-up-smile:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

My brother in California just got rid of his landline connection and got Magic Jack but, I got him to also install Skype on his desk top and laptop so I can see his mug on our desk top web cam! We don't do a lot of landline calling and when we do, Skype PC to PC calling works for us and we like seeing our family and close friends on our Skype web cam when speaking with them, it just makes it a little bit more enjoyable and personal seeing them on our web cam in real time! Will Magic Jack ever come out with a web cam version? When they do, we'll probably switch to Magic Jack, but for now Skype works for us and it's free! :thumbs-up-smile:

Edited by Pinoy Art