Operational Change In Acr Card Policy

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

It seems now that as long as your ACR card is valid, it doesn't matter how long you leave the country for - previously it had been 59 days. Below is an extract from my web site about the changes. It meant a saving for one notorious, wel known member of another forum a saving of about 3500p!!!"As of mid February 2010, the Bureau of Immigration has implemented a new schedule of charges, as they now require tourists who stay longer than 59 days to obtain an ACR card. This is a credit card sized, plastic card which contains all your passport/visa information. The cost is US$50 and is based on that day's exchange rate which is currently around 2300 pesos: you will also pay an additional 500 peso Express Lane charge. This new policy has undergone several operational changes of direction since its inception. Originally we were led to believe that the ACR card would have to be surrendered when the tourist left the country; this proved to be false. Then those tourists who had left the country for more than 59 days were required to buy a new ACR card, (even though their old one was still current), while those who had left for less than 59 days didn't need a new card.It now seems that as long as your ACR card is current, you don't need to buy a new one when you return and get to your first extension after 59 days in the country. The longest example I have tested this on, is a client who had been out of the country for nearly 6 months; we will see how it develops!"

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Ralph123
Posted
Posted

Hi to all expats! I'd like to ask if anyone here has an experience of renewing their ACR I card. How long is the processing time and how much did it cost? What are documents needed for renewal? Thanks.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Hi to all expats! I'd like to ask if anyone here has an experience of renewing their ACR I card. How long is the processing time and how much did it cost? What are documents needed for renewal? Thanks.
Hi Ralph,I would need a bit more information to answer your question:-
  1. Are you on a tourist visa?
  2. When does your ACR card expire?
  3. When was your last entry into the Philippines?
  4. Did you arrive with no visa or a 9a purchased overseas?

Even then the whole ACR card seems to be an evolving thing with slight rule changes almost every month.

Ralph123
Posted
Posted

Hi ancienrocka. I'm a permanent resident. I've resided in the Philippines all my life. My card will expire in June.

• 2 weeks later...
Ralph123
Posted
Posted

No reply? :th_thbestpost:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No reply? :(
I will ask Paul to reply but like many, have more to do than monitor forums. cheersty.gif

Elsa
Posted
Posted
Hi ancienrocka. I'm a permanent resident. I've resided in the Philippines all my life. My card will expire in June.
Hi Ralph,All the changes I mentioned were to the new "tourist" ACR card - as a permanent resident with a Permanent Residents ACR card you need not worry. You just need to visit your local BoI and renew your card - not 100% sure, but I think it will cost you around 2800p.

Bundy
Posted
Posted

The wife and i have been visiting Cebu every year for the past 8 years. We get a BB stamp 1 yr on arrival each time but we have never stayed more than 6 months. As we will be moving there in February next year and we want to just remain on the BB for the moment, will we be required to get an ACR card? I had been asked if i had this card previously when we opened a bank account and i replied " No we are on BB " As i had a rather large amount of cash to open the account they never worried about the ACR.I realise we will have to leave the country every 12 months, that's fine.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The wife and i have been visiting Cebu every year for the past 8 years. We get a BB stamp 1 yr on arrival each time but we have never stayed more than 6 months. As we will be moving there in February next year and we want to just remain on the BB for the moment, will we be required to get an ACR card? I had been asked if i had this card previously when we opened a bank account and i replied " No we are on BB " As i had a rather large amount of cash to open the account they never worried about the ACR.I realise we will have to leave the country every 12 months, that's fine.
No ACR card on a BB, well not yet but I am told they are considering one in order to do background checks on every foreigner in the country. You do not have to leave every 12 months, they have extensions that you should be able to get. I believe Art has written about that in other BB posts. My wife and I never stay more than 4 months at a time, so I do not know all the other ins and outs, but I know Art does, so maybe he will reply here too.

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

No ACR card on a BB, well not yet but I am told they are considering one in order to do background checks on every foreigner in the country. You do not have to leave every 12 months, they have extensions that you should be able to get. I believe Art has written about that in other BB posts. My wife and I never stay more than 4 months at a time, so I do not know all the other ins and outs, but I know Art does, so maybe he will reply here too.
Thanks for that Lee. I do recall reading somewhere that the BB can be extended to possibly 2 yrs so i guess we'll find out about that once we're there. I would imagine it would be a case of determining which is the cheaper.......... the extension fees, or a return flight to Hong Kong or wherever.Thanks again. Edited by Kuya Lee
repair quote