Operational Change In Acr Card Policy

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

My wife has her dual citizen now since last year, so the BB program doesn't pertain to her now. We've been doing the BB stamp for 12 yrs now! I'm presently on a BB stamp since Nov 2010, BTW we're both Fil/Ams. I was previously on the every 2 months visa extensions with an ACR-I card, which since expired! I have no intention of renewing my ACR I-card yet until a few days before my BB stamp expires this year Nov, if I don't apply for my dual citizenship before hand! Also, if I do decide not to get my dual citizenship and prior to my BB stamp from expiring, I plan to apply for a 6 month 9(a) visa extension intervals up to 24 months if one is 60 yrs of age and above which I'm now 62, because it's still in effect, It's in one of my previous posts concerning the 6 month visa extensions which is also mentioned in the RA 6768 here at the very bottom of the page, second from the last paragraph: http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80Here's the post I made last yr concerning the 6 month visa extension: I just want to recap on the BB Stamp and about the 6 month extension good up to 24 months under the BB Program! Well, back in Nov of 2009, our BB Stamp was about to expire. We requested a 6 month extension under the BB Program Memorandum, but the local BI office denied our request and instead we did the regular 59 day tourist visa extension every two months! In the mean time, I sent an e-mail to the BI main office in Manila asking why our request of our 6 month extension under the BB Program was denied? Anyone should email the main Manila BI office well in advance for any questions one may have, because it takes a few weeks to get a reply! Below is their reply, it seems that the memorandum is still in effect concerning the 6 month extension under the current memorandum for Balibayans: Dear Mr. XXXXXThis refers to you email regarding the extension of your temporary visitor's visa. Please proceed to the Sta. Rosa BI Office and look for Mr. XXXXXXXX, the Officer In-Charge. I have discussed the matter with him. He will accept your application and will forward it to the main office for approval of the Chief, IRD.XXXXXXXXImmigration Regulation Division----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My reply to her email today:Ms XXXXXXXXX,I appreciate your reply, but we have no use for the 6 month visa extension anymore, since it has now been 6 months since our last 59 day tourist extension we were forced in using because we were denied the privileged of using our 6 month extension under the BB Program when we first requested it! We will be leaving for the U.S. on vacation next month and will return after a few months and maybe have our Dual Citizenship by then. According to the current memorandum under the Balikbayan Program, 6 months extensions are authorized and should have been granted by the Sta Rosa BI office. Anyway, that is now past history for us and we no longer have to extend our visa at this point! I just hope the Sta. Rosa office will be more aware of this 6 month extension when other Balikbayans may request it in the future and also be included on the wall fees board that this type of extension is available!I have attached below my reference for your info about the 6 month extension up to 2 years! Is this memorandum still in effect? Why were we denied it when we applied 6 months ago? We had to do the 59 day tourist visa extensions every two months since our request was denied! We are now on our 4th and last 59 day tourist visa extension until we leave the Philippines for vacation in the U.S..! Our visa extensions should have still been under the BB Program and not the 59 day tourist visa extensions every two months! http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80THE BALIKBAYAN PRIVILEGE (R.A.6768 as amended)MEMORANDUM dated July 1, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRDBy legal definition, a Balikbayan is:1. A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least 1 year;2. A Filipino overseas worker; or3. A former Filipino citizen and his or her family, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.• The “Balikbayan Privilege” may be availed of by foreign family members of all 3 classifications provided that they travel together everytime they enter the country (MEMORANDUM dated July 1, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRD).• “FAMILY” shall mean the spouse and the children of the Balikbayan who are not Balikbayan in their own right traveling with the latter to the Philippines. (Section 2 (b) of R.A. no. 9174, amending R.A. 6768, entitled: “An Act Instituting a “BALIKBAYAN PROGRAM”, by providing Additional Benefits and Privileges to Balikbayan and for other purposes”).• Correspondingly, all Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa under Section 9a of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 as amended, for a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid.Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 011 dated 11 February 2002).Thank you XXXXXXX

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)
My wife has her dual citizen now since last year, so the BB program doesn't pertain to her now. We've been doing the BB stamp for 12 yrs now! I'm presently on a BB stamp since Nov 2010, BTW we're both Fil/Ams. I was previously on the every 2 months visa extensions with an ACR-I card, which since expired! I have no intention of renewing my ACR I-card yet until a few days before my BB stamp expires this year Nov, if I don't apply for my dual citizenship before hand! Also, if I do decide not to get my dual citizenship and prior to my BB stamp from expiring, I plan to apply for a 6 month 9(a) visa extension intervals up to 24 months if one is 60 yrs of age and above which I'm now 62, because it's still in effect, It's in one of my previous posts concerning the 6 month visa extensions which is also mentioned in the RA 6768 here at the very bottom of the page, second from the last paragraph: http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80Here's the post I made last yr concerning the 6 month visa extension: I just want to recap on the BB Stamp and about the 6 month extension good up to 24 months under the BB Program! Well, back in Nov of 2009, our BB Stamp was about to expire. We requested a 6 month extension under the BB Program Memorandum, but the local BI office denied our request and instead we did the regular 59 day tourist visa extension every two months! In the mean time, I sent an e-mail to the BI main office in Manila asking why our request of our 6 month extension under the BB Program was denied? Anyone should email the main Manila BI office well in advance for any questions one may have, because it takes a few weeks to get a reply! Below is their reply, it seems that the memorandum is still in effect concerning the 6 month extension under the current memorandum for Balibayans: Dear Mr. XXXXXThis refers to you email regarding the extension of your temporary visitor's visa. Please proceed to the Sta. Rosa BI Office and look for Mr. XXXXXXXX, the Officer In-Charge. I have discussed the matter with him. He will accept your application and will forward it to the main office for approval of the Chief, IRD.XXXXXXXXImmigration Regulation Division----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My reply to her email today:Ms XXXXXXXXX,I appreciate your reply, but we have no use for the 6 month visa extension anymore, since it has now been 6 months since our last 59 day tourist extension we were forced in using because we were denied the privileged of using our 6 month extension under the BB Program when we first requested it! We will be leaving for the U.S. on vacation next month and will return after a few months and maybe have our Dual Citizenship by then. According to the current memorandum under the Balikbayan Program, 6 months extensions are authorized and should have been granted by the Sta Rosa BI office. Anyway, that is now past history for us and we no longer have to extend our visa at this point! I just hope the Sta. Rosa office will be more aware of this 6 month extension when other Balikbayans may request it in the future and also be included on the wall fees board that this type of extension is available!I have attached below my reference for your info about the 6 month extension up to 2 years! Is this memorandum still in effect? Why were we denied it when we applied 6 months ago? We had to do the 59 day tourist visa extensions every two months since our request was denied! We are now on our 4th and last 59 day tourist visa extension until we leave the Philippines for vacation in the U.S..! Our visa extensions should have still been under the BB Program and not the 59 day tourist visa extensions every two months! http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80THE BALIKBAYAN PRIVILEGE (R.A.6768 as amended)MEMORANDUM dated July 1, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRDBy legal definition, a Balikbayan is:1. A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least 1 year;2. A Filipino overseas worker; or3. A former Filipino citizen and his or her family, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.• The “Balikbayan Privilege” may be availed of by foreign family members of all 3 classifications provided that they travel together everytime they enter the country (MEMORANDUM dated July 1, 2008 issued by Atty. Edgardo L. Mendoza, Chief, IRD).• “FAMILY” shall mean the spouse and the children of the Balikbayan who are not Balikbayan in their own right traveling with the latter to the Philippines. (Section 2 (b) of R.A. no. 9174, amending R.A. 6768, entitled: “An Act Instituting a “BALIKBAYAN PROGRAM”, by providing Additional Benefits and Privileges to Balikbayan and for other purposes”).• Correspondingly, all Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa under Section 9a of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 as amended, for a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid.Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 011 dated 11 February 2002).Thank you XXXXXXX
Good information, and thankyou for that. Well i guess we should have known there'd be some kind of foul up in applying. Hopefully now it may be an easier process for the next applicant.So, what are the fees for a 6 month BB extension?Cheers. Edited by Bundy

• 2 months later...
talim
Posted
Posted

My card expired a few days ago, it's valid only year My visa 59 days now, expires in a few days. Will go this afternoon renew card and visa, i think the card will cost the same as last year two thousand eight hundred... More after completion of process

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My card expired a few days ago, it's valid only year My visa 59 days now, expires in a few days. Will go this afternoon renew card and visa, i think the card will cost the same as last year two thousand eight hundred... More after completion of process
In both Cebu and Tacloban, if you ask the BI if you should renew your card they may say yes. If you avoid asking and avoid their suggestions that you should, then they do not insist. I think there must be a loophole where there is no legislation yet to force you to renew when it expires. Just my own experiences after 3 renewals with an expired (and lost) tourist ACR card.

talim
Posted
Posted

Well, new visa for 2 month and new card all for 6'676 Php in Laguna. The visa got it in 30 mins, they asked if i wanted 1 month or 2 month for extra 500 Php. The card is 2100 + 500 express and will get it in 3 to 5 days.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well, new visa for 2 month and new card all for 6'676 Php in Laguna. The visa got it in 30 mins, they asked if i wanted 1 month or 2 month for extra 500 Php. The card is 2100 + 500 express and will get it in 3 to 5 days.
We went on vacation last year to California and upon our return, I just got the BB stamp and my wife indefinite since she has her dual citizenship. My BB stamp will expire this coming November, if I don't decide to get my dual citizenship before then, I'll just request for a new ACR Card and a 6 month visa extension which is extendable up to 24 months. Reference: All Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa under Section 9a of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 as amended, for a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid.Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 011 dated 11 February 2002). Edited by Art2ro