Omg! Fired Another Housekeeper!

stevensan
Posted
Posted

Hi allYes, we too have had huge problems getting a reliable maid. In little over a year we've now been through 7! We've tried agency's, we've tried friends of work, we've tried family friends and relatives and they either leave after a few weeks saying they have to go back to the provence to look after family, or they disappear after their first day off.The last agency we went through she disappeared within 5 minutes of getting to our house. The agency then refused to give us a replacement saying it was our fault she left due to us not providing living conditions to a satisfactory level and it took a month of threatening lawsuits to get them to finally refund the money.Any advice you guys can give on how to find someone reliable??

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hi allYes, we too have had huge problems getting a reliable maid. In little over a year we've now been through 7! We've tried agency's, we've tried friends of work, we've tried family friends and relatives and they either leave after a few weeks saying they have to go back to the provence to look after family, or they disappear after their first day off.The last agency we went through she disappeared within 5 minutes of getting to our house. The agency then refused to give us a replacement saying it was our fault she left due to us not providing living conditions to a satisfactory level and it took a month of threatening lawsuits to get them to finally refund the money.Any advice you guys can give on how to find someone reliable??
Welcome aboard Stevensan,I believe you are not alone in finding and keeping good and reliable maids. Even as a Filipino family, we went throughseveral hiring/firing over the years. We finally found one that was in her mid 50's and very protective of my family andproperty. May I suggest having your wife continue to network with friends and neighbors and set house rules in writing,both in their dialect and English. Best of luck -- Jake

• 3 months later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
Welcome aboard Stevensan,I believe you are not alone in finding and keeping good and reliable maids. Even as a Filipino family, we went throughseveral hiring/firing over the years. We finally found one that was in her mid 50's and very protective of my family andproperty. May I suggest having your wife continue to network with friends and neighbors and set house rules in writing,both in their dialect and English. Best of luck -- Jake
now your on to something , you want some older lady that knows hard times & how to work.stop with the young teen texting girls, i'll go with the granny every time & also most of the grannys are good cooks too piglett

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with you piglett. My mother in law only hires married ladies over thirty years old who have children. One of her few rules: if I see a cell phone in your hand you’re fired no exceptions.

Genius
Posted
Posted

Bit feudal aren't we ?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

My wife is always hiring neighborhood people. She hired the wife of her best friend's brother, and that went to hell because we moved them out of the province to Manila, where she had way too much freedom. We were in Korea, and she went husband-hunting immediately. When we moved back to the Philippines in November, we hired the neighbor girl. She was really good, but eventually had to head to Manila to help her older sister with life up there. The older woman who was cooking and cleaning for us became the children's yaya, and her family member is also a yaya / cleaner / cooker now, and my wife seems happy with them. They're both older, and very sweet women, as far as I can tell. They really seem to care about our kids. Her husband takes care of our sows as well, and does maitenance stuff around the house and farm.

piglett
Posted
Posted
Bit feudal aren't we ?
no not at all , they are paying the maid to clean not to text every 5 seconds.when my wife starts that sh*t i say "oh let me see your phone"she hands it to me & i put it in my pocket for a few hoursafter all i flew from the other side of the dam planet to come see her, so no texting till the end of the day is not all that much to ask IMHO.piglett

piglett
Posted
Posted
Her husband takes care of our sows as well, and does maitenance stuff around the house and farm.
yes i too have met some real bitches in my life but i try to never call them "sow" to their faceswhen i do for some strange reason they start to get mad ....... :emostrongbow: :) :)piglett

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Her husband takes care of our sows as well, and does maitenance stuff around the house and farm.
yes i too have met some real bitches in my life but i try to never call them "sow" to their faceswhen i do for some strange reason they start to get mad ....... :emostrongbow: :) :)piglett
lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We inherited our maid. When we visit our house, there she is, my sis in law opens it up for her and its all dusted and ready to occupy. She comes 3 or 4 times a week to clean, do the luandry etc. And as was said earlier in the chain, when we go there now, we are on vacation. My Asawa desrves a break. When we retire there, My Asawa deserves a Longer break. Our maid is the sister of our sister in laws maid, we pay like P300 a day plus food. Some times her hubby comes over and gives me a hand with large projects. Plus she brings her cute little daughter 7 year old duaghter with her who i love sneaking candy to. I belive that we are going to help the duaghter through school and become a "ninong". so in our case it has been all in the family and seems to work out well so farscott