Omg! Fired Another Housekeeper!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
We inherited our maid. When we visit our house, there she is, my sis in law opens it up for her and its all dusted and ready to occupy. She comes 3 or 4 times a week to clean, do the luandry etc. And as was said earlier in the chain, when we go there now, we are on vacation. My Asawa desrves a break. When we retire there, My Asawa deserves a Longer break. Our maid is the sister of our sister in laws maid, we pay like P300 a day plus food. Some times her hubby comes over and gives me a hand with large projects. Plus she brings her cute little daughter 7 year old duaghter with her who i love sneaking candy to. I belive that we are going to help the duaghter through school and become a "ninong". so in our case it has been all in the family and seems to work out well so farscott
Thanks for sharing Scott. From what my family says and what Filipino friends have advised what you have done is likely to workout long term. Do you provide a Christmas for them? I could understand if you don’t as you guys are only there during your vacation.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
We inherited our maid. When we visit our house, there she is, my sis in law opens it up for her and its all dusted and ready to occupy. She comes 3 or 4 times a week to clean, do the luandry etc. And as was said earlier in the chain, when we go there now, we are on vacation. My Asawa desrves a break. When we retire there, My Asawa deserves a Longer break. Our maid is the sister of our sister in laws maid, we pay like P300 a day plus food. Some times her hubby comes over and gives me a hand with large projects. Plus she brings her cute little daughter 7 year old duaghter with her who i love sneaking candy to. I belive that we are going to help the duaghter through school and become a "ninong". so in our case it has been all in the family and seems to work out well so farscott
Thanks for sharing Scott. From what my family says and what Filipino friends have advised what you have done is likely to workout long term. Do you provide a Christmas for them? I could understand if you don’t as you guys are only there during your vacation.
Old55- We send dollars home for Xmas, but to be honest at this time I dont know if we send anything to our Maid at this time. You obviously mistake me for someone who actually makes decisions and controls the money, lololol. Once we are there I am sure we will. Since they are almost part of the family. But as always you have to be careful of that "family Tax" that was refered to in a different posting string.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Old55- We send dollars home for Xmas, but to be honest at this time I dont know if we send anything to our Maid at this time. You obviously mistake me for someone who actually makes decisions and controls the money, lololol. Once we are there I am sure we will. Since they are almost part of the family. But as always you have to be careful of that "family Tax" that was refered to in a different posting string.
LOL....Yep, my wife also "takes care" of my paychecks but in our case it's all good no family tax the wife person is an accountant.

piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)
you make a good point , in the province my wife holds almost all of the moneyall i have is soda money in my pocketthe way it works in my wife's province is the wife holds all the money but she tell her husband about any money that she is about to spend.it sounds kind of strange but due to the fact that my wife is really cheep it works for us while we are therenow once we return to Manila i then hold the money & i tell my wife about what i am about to spendpig Edited by piglett