Good Lawyer

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . . the Civil Code of the Philippines states that the child shall remain in the custody of the mother up to the age of 7 UNLESS the mother can not provide for the child.. . .
It is natural and commendable that a man would want to seek custody of his children but this argument is unlikely to change the outcome. Some logical person would conclude that the mother CAN provide for the child if only the father would provide enough child support.Here are some things to think over. Spending money on child support, in exchange for for visitation and other considerations, would be better than giving it to lawyers. Think deeply on it. The Philippines will not let foreigners take ownership of their lands. Why would you think they would let foreigners take ownership of their native sons and daughters? And as to the issue of the child being American, you need to research dual citizenship where you will find that dual citizens are subject first to the laws of the country in which they reside. Thus US citizenship becomes very important when the child leaves the Philippines but is of questionable value while the child remains here.

• 2 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The American Embassy has a link that lists, Lawyers, Doctors etc, Please check this out, ALSO I strongly SUGGEST that you/he buys a LEGAL BOOK. not sure of the exact name . but it would list the CIVIL .CRIMINAL CODE... that can be a big help. When i have had a civil issue, i brought out the book. asked what is the offense( my water was draining on other unit) THE ISSUE/CASE was solved.