Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I've been in many places with you and everyone looks at you strangely LOL
36_6_3[1].gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Picture looks worse than it really is. There was barely enough momentum to roll the car. It was one of those slow motion feelings like sitting on an edge and a fly lands to tip you over. It is sitting in a ditch. Roof did not collapse to much. Airbags did not deploy and it even kept running while upside down! I had to turn it off.I truly believe it was an accident, Most likely I was in that sweet blind spot. My wife also agrees. Poor guy was probably scared afterwards. The police said he stopped at the station to report the accident.
Thank you for the update, I am truly happy to know it was just an accident and not a malicious act on anyones part, and again we are glad you both are OK. :whistling: Now as far as Paul Ancienrocka's comment, don't worry Dave, I have been with him many times and people look at him funny too, especially when he had on the big hoop earrings. lol Paul is a true gentleman and can take a lot of ribbing. :angry:

post-40-0-17555700-1293978449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee
to add photo

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Picture looks worse than it really is. I truly believe it was an accident,
Hey! That looks like my 1966 Ford Mustang way back in 1971 when my front left tire blew out doing 70 mph on a 3% grade going down hill on a freeway straightaway on Hwy 680 North heading to Livermore, Ca. and hit the center dirt medium rolling my Mustang 6 times and totally crushing the roof of my car, but I survived, because I had my seat belt on! I woke up in the ER a few hours later with just bruises to my hips and minor cuts to side of my left ear! I don't know how I managed to bend the steering wheel and avoided the roof from crushing my head! Somebody up there was watching out over me! I felt so peaceful and quiet during my unconscious state for a few hours, it was just a bright grayish color, but I didn't see any bright lights at the end of the tunnel! It wasn't my time yet! It took me 2 weeks to fully recover! I then went out and bought me a new 1971 Ford Pinto Roundabout, it was cheap, it was all I could afford at that time! I only got $800 from my insurance company, my Ford Mustang was a total wreck seating in the salvage yard! Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Picture looks worse than it really is. There was barely enough momentum to roll the car. It was one of those slow motion feelings like sitting on an edge and a fly lands to tip you over. It is sitting in a ditch. Roof did not collapse to much. Airbags did not deploy and it even kept running while upside down! I had to turn it off.I truly believe it was an accident, Most likely I was in that sweet blind spot. My wife also agrees. Poor guy was probably scared afterwards. The police said he stopped at the station to report the accident.
Thank you for the update, I am truly happy to know it was just an accident and not a malicious act on anyones part, and again we are glad you both are OK. :whistling: Now as far as Paul Ancienrocka's comment, don't worry Dave, I have been with him many times and people look at him funny too, especially when he had on the big hoop earrings. lol Paul is a true gentleman and can take a lot of ribbing. :angry:
What about that ancient one Paul forgetting what year it is ! laugh.gif post-1-0-35297900-1293979234_thumb.jpg

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Well, got everything all cleared up. Police report listed the second driver of the unknown vehicle as being at fault for failure to yeald. No big deal to me. We all agree it was an accident so no use going after the driver of the truck.My rental contract stated participation with the insurance company would cost 100,000 Peso's in case of the total loss of the vehicle. We ended up giving them 60,000 Peso's total. By U.S. standards the car would be a total loss. Will they fix it here? Most likely. I just chalk it up to standard usual business. All in all, it could have been much worse. Funny how we would get text messages from family members warning us to be cautious of the police. We found them all to be very courtious and professional. There was a guy with the local fire department that helped us out a lot. He even had a California drivers license. Treat them with courtesy and respect and they do the same.