Australia Flooding

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

HERE is amazing video from Fox News of the devastating flash floods with cars tossed around like they were toy cars and animals seeking a dry place to keep their heads and what appears to be a cow drowning while people on a row boat try to save it. This is heart breaking to watch and will no doubt have a devastating affect on Australia for years to come. sad.gif And yet another video HERE.

Travis
Posted
Posted

I have been watching it on the news at work & it is heart breaking. my best wishes to all of your who have been dealing with all of that

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

In case anyone is interested, Tom (Boss Man) is OK but without power and not much food or drinking water available, but he says the flood water seems to be receding, so maybe it might be a good time for all of us to say a prayer (those of us who believe in it) for all who have been impacted world wide with all these disasters, I know I already have and will continue to. Hopefully more of you will check in and let us all know how you or your families are doing, and what things around you or them look like, and how they are doing if they are in a disaster area.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

One thing about us Aussies we are quick to come up with light hearted jokes to make us laugh in times of difficultyHere is one that I have just receivedpost-747-0-59236400-1294999637_thumb.jpg:cool_beans:we still have a sense of humor in times of dispare , Thank you all for your thoughts Cheers Braddo

Jake
Posted
Posted
One thing about us Aussies we are quick to come up with light hearted jokes to make us laugh in times of difficultyHere is one that I have just receivedpost-747-0-59236400-1294999637_thumb.jpg:cool_beans:we still have a sense of humor in times of dispare , Thank you all for your thoughts Cheers Braddo
I wholeheartedly agree when your back is against the wall, you guys will somehow find a way to piss it off in theface and have fun doing it. The Royal Australian Navy taught this sailor a few tricks in how to become a warriorin a bar or out fighting in the open sea.Double cheers to you all -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So how are you making out Braddo? Did the water recede? I hope you and your wife are doing OK now and things are starting to return to normal?

Braddo
Posted
Posted

We are both fine thanks Lee, the water has receded and the sun is shinning helping to dry up around the area What a mess the city is in stinking mud is all that is leftThere were thousand s of people who turned up to help others clean there homes and streets and to get them on the way to recovery againIt makes me proud to be Australian when you see things like thatCheers Mate

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We are both fine thanks Lee, the water has receded and the sun is shinning helping to dry up around the area What a mess the city is in stinking mud is all that is leftThere were thousand s of people who turned up to help others clean there homes and streets and to get them on the way to recovery againIt makes me proud to be Australian when you see things like thatCheers Mate
Good to hear that you both are OK, that recovery is in the process and that people are helping each other. :541: Thanks for reporting in my friend. :541: My wife and I look forward to seeing you both again in Cebu one day down the road to share another big bang burger. 7_4_17[1].gif

Braddo
Posted
Posted

We are their again on the 16th February till the 10th of March if you and Nila are there then we will most definitely be in for another burger my shout to if I remember:cheersty:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We are their again on the 16th February till the 10th of March if you and Nila are there then we will most definitely be in for another burger my shout to if I remember:cheersty:
gday.GIF That is good to hear that you can still make the trip over after all that has happened back in Australia, and it is sure good to know you both are OK. I hope the recovery will go quickly there but at the same time I know things such as that take time and some things here still have not been fixed after the hurricanes of many years ago. sad.gifWe will be in Cebu from the 10th of Feb and stay until at least the end of May except for some side trips in April around the Philippines, so we will look forward to meeting up with you two again, and I am not worried about whose shout it is, and truth be told, I never seem to remember those things. Our PHL cell is still the same number and roaming here right now. BTW I do not post yours or other members names unless you or they post them themselves, but I do know them, so please never feel slighted because I do not post them. See you in Cebu mate. cheersty.gif