End Of America

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Well for those who think the ideas listed are far fetched, it might be best to read THIS: China's Hu: Dollar-Based System 'Product of the Past' BEIJING—Chinese President Hu Jintao emphasized the need for cooperation with the U.S. in areas from new energy to space ahead of his visit to Washington this week, but he called the present U.S. dollar-dominated currency system a "product of the past" and highlighted moves to turn the yuan into a global currency.
It's coming.....

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
IMHO, Mike (aka ekimwish) from Leyte who runs a pig farm, will probably fare better than most of us if the sh&t hits the fan, because his family is living off the land for their survival and livelihood where they can also grow their own vegetables, raise other livestocks and get seafood since they live near the shore line! AddEmoticons04230.gif
Well, we've got lots of farmland in Canada, too. Not me, per say, but it's there. One thing we'll always have in abundance in Leyte is WATER. It rains non-stop for months. We've also got millions of coconut trees in Leyte, where copra is their number one crop, but historically coconut trees were called the tree of life. I tell the workers we have that they're better off than the rich kids in town (slight lie?) because those guys just hang around on the scooters at the plaza, playing basketball, shooting pool, and at the internet cafes. Meanwhile, the land they live off through inheritances is getting smaller each generation, and one day it won't be enough. I see children of rich people panicking all over the Philippines because it's time to fend for themselves and they don't know how. Okay, slight exaggeration. I don't see it all over, but I've seen it in several families we're close to. Meanwhile, the poor guys have no choice but to work. They can kill and butcher any animal alive. They can climb a hundred coconut trees in a day. They can use their soondangs (machetes) of all varieties to do a million different jobs. Virtually all of them know how to build a house or fix a motorcycle. There's nothing these guys can't do, because there's nothing they can escape having to do to survive. And you bet calling bets has made some of them pretty good at math (another exaggeration?)I told these guys, while drunk, that when World War 3 breaks out, they're the ones who will transition the easiest and continue to survive. Their services will also be even more in demand. I tell them as long as they can resist the urge to spend their hard-earned meager savings on gambling and women, they'll be fine. While I hope I'm right, I hope we don't need World War 3 to find out.

Jake
Posted
Posted
IMHO, Mike (aka ekimwish) from Leyte who runs a pig farm, will probably fare better than most of us if the sh&t hits the fan, because his family is living off the land for their survival and livelihood where they can also grow their own vegetables, raise other livestocks and get seafood since they live near the shore line! AddEmoticons04230.gif
Well, we've got lots of farmland in Canada, too. Not me, per say, but it's there. One thing we'll always have in abundance in Leyte is WATER. It rains non-stop for months. We've also got millions of coconut trees in Leyte, where copra is their number one crop, but historically coconut trees were called the tree of life. I tell the workers we have that they're better off than the rich kids in town (slight lie?) because those guys just hang around on the scooters at the plaza, playing basketball, shooting pool, and at the internet cafes. Meanwhile, the land they live off through inheritances is getting smaller each generation, and one day it won't be enough. I see children of rich people panicking all over the Philippines because it's time to fend for themselves and they don't know how. Okay, slight exaggeration. I don't see it all over, but I've seen it in several families we're close to. Meanwhile, the poor guys have no choice but to work. They can kill and butcher any animal alive. They can climb a hundred coconut trees in a day. They can use their soondangs (machetes) of all varieties to do a million different jobs. Virtually all of them know how to build a house or fix a motorcycle. There's nothing these guys can't do, because there's nothing they can escape having to do to survive. And you bet calling bets has made some of them pretty good at math (another exaggeration?)I told these guys, while drunk, that when World War 3 breaks out, they're the ones who will transition the easiest and continue to survive. Their services will also be even more in demand. I tell them as long as they can resist the urge to spend their hard-earned meager savings on gambling and women, they'll be fine. While I hope I'm right, I hope we don't need World War 3 to find out.
For being one of the youngest PEF member (Old, Cranky & Ugly is also a young stud from Canada), you seem to havesome down to earth realities in living the life. When the chit hits the fan, it all comes down to basics. You and your new friends there in Leyte are the survivalist. Hell, I know alot of people that can't even survive without a cell phone.Me being raised in suburbian environment, I don't know if I could climb a tree to grab that coconut if all the potablewater is gone. I just hope there is enough time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted

No name
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is slick advertising, nothing more.First you say you have a secret that no one else knows. Like he was the only one that knew of the pending problems in 2008. He was not the only one. Financial experts knew it was coming and they knew why. It is typical Internet marketing.The high dept is not the key. The key is debt as a percentage of GNP. Putting the debt out there without taking that into account is the oldest trick in the world.However, the current percent of debt to GDP is very very high. But it has been a lot higher. The banking system did almost collapse in 2008. Tarp saved it. But then we had a recession that would have been a depression without government intervention that began under Bush and continues under Obama. Everyone knew there was a downside to Tarp but it was one of those situations where something HAD to be done and it was done.America doesn't print money to create money, it buys its own bonds back. This has the effect of adding cash to the system. He spoke of the dollar as a reserve. When a bank gets a deposit, it can lend out say 7 dollars for each dollar it gets in. This is called the velocity of money.The government had to spend in 2010 because buying to slow the recession. It is a long known fact that capitalism will fail if the economy does not grow.The testimonials sound like they are right out of the The Mens Warehouse.The gunk Fox news puts out helps full this guy.LOL Stealing money from private citizens. I wonder, if Glenn Beck wrote this.The situation is not good but it isn't fatal.The Treasury will continue quantitative easing or the creating of money through the velocity of money. It plans to reverse this process by the end of they year.LOL yeah right world governments are moving o the Euro. Oddly, some of the countries in the Euro are talking about getting out of it. It crashed at the end of the year, that's why they dollar started going up. People dumped their Euros and what did they buy? They bought dollars.Of course Iran dumped their dollars but it has nothing to do with the value of the dollar. Might it have something to do with their building the bomb?His page is called a pitch page. A pitch page has a buy button at the bottom after he pulls all the tricks of a good Internet marketer. And he pulled most of them. No subliminal message. He would need video to do that. One very slick Internet marketer (IM) is very good at it. He puts messages on his speedometer, his watch, the display on the radio, in the music he plays and he usually films them from inside his nice BMW as he tries to sell you the next way to make money on the net.This guy has the "You can't close this" script installed so that when you close his page without buying you get the next page. It is all so very typical. I've seen it a thousand times. This is total BS.There were few facts in his video, instead he used the word suspect a lot and left out the facts behind much of what he said.People have been preaching the US is going to hell since I was a kid. And as my mother told me then, they said the same thing when she was a kid. It might, but I doubt itMuch of what this guy talks about has already started to reverse.Now the real danger? Is another recession in 2011 and that is possible. If it does, he US Government is no longer in a position where it can do a lot to help. If we have one, it will likely be a depression this time.The man has something to sell, that's all. He used Iran to build his case? Doesn't that tell you anything? It tells me that he will sell anything. We have economic sanctions on Iran, we are trying to break their economy. Of course they don't want dollars that we can use as leverage on them after all, we are all Satan too..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

Edited by Flirltilzier

No name
Posted
Posted

Here is something from the Wiki page. Everyone knows that things must change and they will change:

Total debt will nearly double in dollar terms between 2009 and 2015 and will grow to 100% of GDP, versus a level of approximately 60% when President Bush took office in 2001 and 75% when he left office in 2008. President Obama and multiple government sources including the GAO, Treasury Department, and CBO have said the U.S. is on an unsustainable fiscal path. The 100% level is considered a dangerous level by some economists, as such a high debt level creates a risk of currency devaluation (a tacit form of default, by paying back the debt with cheaper currency). Investors (including other governments) compensate for this risk by demanding higher interest rates, which would slow domestic U.S. growth. In addition, a higher debt requires larger interest payments, which presently exceed $430 billion dollars (cash interest plus accrued), or about 15 cents of every tax dollar for 2008. According to the CIA Factbook, only six other countries have debt to GDP ratios over 100% for 2008, the largest of which is Japan at 170%[1]
Also on that site, you'll see that 29% of the higher than projected growth in the public debt after 9/11/01 was caused by "tax relief." That's why Obama wanted to see the Bush tax cuts expire. As he said, we can't afford them but everyone yelled. Problem is, now is not the time to raise taxes. You don't do that during a recovery. Still it contributes to the problem.This guy selling his stuff where he's going to show you how to protect yourself does not know anything the rest of the experts don't know. But like most IMers he's bashing all the other experts, saying his way is the right way. why? He wants you to buy his stuff!

No name
Posted
Posted

I ran across this article about China holding so much of the US debt.What I get from it are two things.1. It would hurt China if they did it. It would also hurt us. :)2. We need to do something about this now. It gives China too much power. Nothing new there, we've known for a long time this was a problem. If war broke out between the two countries, money may be the least of our concerns.It also highlights why it is absurd to use Iran as an example of how foreign governments are dumping dollars in fear of a huge fall in the value of the dollar. I personally think war with Iran is inevitable unless the current government were to fall. Not very likely.Here's the link: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70H5NX20110118?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.167667:b41121656:z0

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
I ran across this article about China holding so much of the US debt.What I get from it are two things.1. It would hurt China if they did it. It would also hurt us. :)2. We need to do something about this now. It gives China too much power. Nothing new there, we've known for a long time this was a problem. If war broke out between the two countries, money may be the least of our concerns.It also highlights why it is absurd to use Iran as an example of how foreign governments are dumping dollars in fear of a huge fall in the value of the dollar. I personally think war with Iran is inevitable unless the current government were to fall. Not very likely.Here's the link: http://www.reuters.c...67:b41121656:z0
I've met a few Iranians across the world, in Canada, Korea, and Thailand. Just bar-talk, so it probably means nothing, but they would tell me how they hate their government, but when asked what they'd do if attacked, they always say go back and fight to defend it. I think they want to topple their government, especially the better educated they become, but they want to do it themselves without outside interference. Will it happen? I have no idea, but last election was kind of revealing.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

the one thing i learned in life in my (golden years) :) is to survive on what you have never live beyond your means ie: dont get too far into debt , i know i have allot of toys like computers and a 42 inch tv but i can tell you it was all bought with cash and i busted my hump to get it , i was a stupid kid i had 5 credit cards and ran them all up but i learnd a good lesson let me tell you !!!! for the last few years i have been debt free i still dont have allot of savings but i can manage to live on what i have !! and i do have plans in case the chit hits the fan , i mean i have my house in the philippines , its far from great but its a roof over my head and its clean and in a typical naborhood which is prob why i have earned allot of respect from the locals coz i live EXACTLY LIKE THEM !! i also have my familys house on the east cost of canada on a acre of land so i have that option as well !! as for farming me and the g/f are talking about to leace a plot of land near our house to raise some chickens and a few pigs maybe even a baka :) and im looking into getting a gen-set to power the house and maybe in the future SOLAR panels , you just have to get a little at a time because times are tough all over , HONESTLY i can say im the happiest man on earth when im with my family in the philippines and i always tease my g/f and say " even tough i dont have money im so in love with you honey " ( ann Murry song lol ) and i always say we will make it some how some way SOMEDAY as long as were together , my point being is if you cant be happy when you have nothing CAN YOU REALLY BE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING ?? i can be happy with my simple life in the phils with just the basics to survive but yes you have to have a back up plan and im slowly working on it WISH ME LUCK HAHAHA i've rambled enough hahahatake care everyone OldUgly&Cranky

Jake
Posted
Posted
"my point being is if you cant be happy when you have nothing CAN YOU REALLY BE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING ?? i can be happy with my simple life in the phils with just the basics to survive but yes you have to have a back up plan and im slowly working on it WISH ME LUCK HAHAHA"i've rambled enough hahahatake care everyone OldUgly&Cranky
Point well taken young man. Like your fellow countryman Ekimswish, both of you have got your chit together!Thinking back, I regret not having to reach that level of financial maturity 20 years ago.Respectfully -- Jake