End Of America

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
the one thing i learned in life in my (golden years) :yes: is to survive on what you have never live beyond your means ie: dont get too far into debt , i know i have allot of toys like computers and a 42 inch tv but i can tell you it was all bought with cash and i busted my hump to get it , i was a stupid kid i had 5 credit cards and ran them all up but i learnd a good lesson let me tell you !!!! for the last few years i have been debt free i still dont have allot of savings but i can manage to live on what i have !! and i do have plans in case the chit hits the fan , i mean i have my house in the philippines , its far from great but its a roof over my head and its clean and in a typical naborhood which is prob why i have earned allot of respect from the locals coz i live EXACTLY LIKE THEM !! i also have my familys house on the east cost of canada on a acre of land so i have that option as well !! as for farming me and the g/f are talking about to leace a plot of land near our house to raise some chickens and a few pigs maybe even a baka :) and im looking into getting a gen-set to power the house and maybe in the future SOLAR panels , you just have to get a little at a time because times are tough all over , HONESTLY i can say im the happiest man on earth when im with my family in the philippines and i always tease my g/f and say " even tough i dont have money im so in love with you honey " ( ann Murry song lol ) and i always say we will make it some how some way SOMEDAY as long as were together , my point being is if you cant be happy when you have nothing CAN YOU REALLY BE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING ?? i can be happy with my simple life in the phils with just the basics to survive but yes you have to have a back up plan and im slowly working on it WISH ME LUCK HAHAHA i've rambled enough hahahatake care everyone OldUgly&Cranky
I of course wish you tons of luck my friend, and it sounds like you are on the correct path, now once you have all the toys you want then maybe you can save more for your future. I have always lived below my income and worked for places where I could either get or make my own pension, and thus I was able to retire in my late 50's and hope to be able to stay retired, yet none of my planning might help if the dollar collapses. SugarwareZ-034.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here is yet one more nail in the coffin of the USA. China’s Dollar Concerns The last sentence says it all. So will China just sit back and let the dollar go to hell when they own so much of them? What do you think?The US dollar has been the dominant currency in Asia for decades.Its strength has underpinned trade and given certainty as Asian economies grew.The Hong Kong dollar has, for instance been pegged to the Greenback since 1983 despite pressures for it to float.China has been accumulating the Greenback at an unprecedented rate over the past two decades since its economic rise because the vast majority of trade transactions continue to be in the dollar.Its estimated China now has foreign exchange reserves of $2.85 trillion mainly denominated in U.S. dollars.So China has a lot riding on the US dollar remaining strong and it doesn't like it when US policies make it weaken.China has increasingly complained about the Obama administrations plans to resuscitate the US economy by printing money.The latest to raise concerns is Dagong, a Chinese sovereign debt-rating agency.It’s warned that the US is effectively printing cheap dollars as it implements an ultra-loose policy to spur its weak economy.And it also warned the US is setting the stage for "a world credit war" and "eroded the legitimacy of the global monetary system that takes the dollar as the key reserve currency."Dagong created controversy last year when it rated the United States at double-A, below China's AA-plus, in July 2010.It also downgraded the U.S. sovereign credit rating year, after the Fed decided to pump more dollars into the U.S. economy.Dagong is thought to be independent of the Chinese government but many of its concerns mirror those of the country's political leaders.Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has publicly voiced concerns about the weakening dollar because of the massive reserves of it the country holds.The underlying concern in China it seems is that the US is trying to weaken its currency to cut the massive trade gap between the two countries because it can't get Beijing to float its currency and let it appreciate.Critics of China and its currency policies would argue that it serves it right if its reserves take a haircut.But in Asia there are growing concerns that further frictions between the US and China over everything from trade to maritime borders could disrupt Asia's economic renaissance.The last time a major western power attempted to trade with China and had major difficulties was back in the 1830's.The British Empire wanted to open China to trade. They couldn't find anything China wanted and finally seized on the dubious commodity of opium to sell to the Chinese masses.That led to the Opium Wars and the burning of Beijing by British and French forces and Britain taking control of Hong Kong.China and the US are far from any type of conflict but if the two countries can't resolve their differences on trade then they could have unforeseen consequences that would shake the world.

No name
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, the USA, their digging the grave and massing the troops because civil war is coming.http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c5swzxOYQ0kand here is another from an expert

If they say it, it must be true. Edited by Flirltilzier

No name
Posted
Posted

How can someone discuss the end of America without being political? Really, I don't think that's possible.Here is a story that I think is revealing. Japan's debt is 180% of its GDP. Now that's staggering. They just had their debt rating reduced. The USA is still Triple A and chance of it falling is possible but slight.http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/us-global-debt-idUSL3E7CS0BO20110128?feedType=nl&feedName=ustopnewsafternoonNow that doesn't mean I think the USA is in great shape at the moment but it will recover. I have massive faith in the good old USA.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

"The United States has offered Sudan a range of incentives if it peacefully accepts the results of January's referendum, which is likely to lead to independence for southern Sudan."Does this mean that, should the South rise again, Washington would let the Confederate States peacefully separate?That would be the end of America, right?

No name
Posted
Posted
"The United States has offered Sudan a range of incentives if it peacefully accepts the results of January's referendum, which is likely to lead to independence for southern Sudan." Does this mean that, should the South rise again, Washington would let the Confederate States peacefully separate? That would be the end of America, right?
In order for the Southern USA to rise again, it would first have to fall. :SugarwareZ-034:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting, Chinese money now being sold in the US. So what do you make of this? I think it is the beginning of the end and one more nail in the US coffin.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Easy Tigers!!!!!USA is a huge consumer on this earth. Imports way much more than exports. There is no country who want to see this market bunkrupt or so.The financial crisis is a global thing, affects ofcourse USA too. Patience and no fast moves, things will change and the winner on it will be the one who kept his currency in euro or dollars.For us the epxats and members of this forum more or less we have some savings and a few properties, some more some less. Acting on buy and sell of these ones is a risk which can ground us financially or make us win a bit. Stock markets is similar to gambling these days. Nothing is sure. You can invest in commodity A and a year later a scandal breaks through to make you end with peanuts. Same though you can invest in commodity B and two years after your wealth is 5 times up.To my humble opinion these are the times to buy and get ready for businesses. Buy shops, business lands etc. When the crisis will end business will boom again, then and way before that, prices to buy will be too high. People call me crazy i make shops and buy business lands, i plan for 15-20 years after. Foresee the areas and what will develop, see the past and history so to predict the future, never forget that history repeats it's self.For the US folks, research the cities, see what is developing or which one has potential to develop, research and research. It does not interest me to invest in US (i have other spots in the world and mostly philippines) but it is a country with gigantic opportunities and lots of investment opportunities. Put your money in florida, a promising state.Now days i prefer earning Euro due to the exchange rate...let me tell you, it makes no difference than when i was earning dollars so my next job i took it with dollars. Same thing to my spending needs.