What Are Forums Good For

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I often wonder what people get out of forums, or why they join, 89.gif and what holds their interest? 89.gif I know I joined forums way back when to learn about the topics I was interested in such as the Philippines, and then because others helped me, I felt it only fair that I try to help others with information that they needed which I had learned over time, and then I felt a feeling of satisfaction within me for being able to do that. I know that some people like me, and some probably dislike me because of things I have posted or interactions I may have had with them, but life goes on and it is a rare person who can get along with everyone, yet I do know one such person on this forum who it seems everyone gets along with, so I know it can be done and I am trying my best to learn to always improve myself, and I think we all need to try to get along in life and on forums. We happen to have a good forum here with some great members so it is my hope that you all will help each other and any new member who comes on seeking information. grouphugg.gifth_grouphug.gif What say you?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

First of all, IMHO plain and simple as can be, "life is what we all make it to be", to describe the meaning of life will vary from one individual to the next, but I'm sure some one will give a long philosophical description! What are forums good for? Getting information and giving it back in return to help others, enjoyment in reading other people's exploits and adventures, meeting good and bad young or old grumpy sarcastic malcontent people (not good for forums), but I'm glad they all have been weeded out or they just quit posting on their own and now just lurk without posting any comments! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted

I like that Art. :541: I believe it is because people are basically selfish so they take & do not wish to give back in life or on forums. what bothers me is they come on forums & learn & then they move to the Phils & learn new stuff & do not share it so people help them but they are to damned selfish to give of themselves to help others IMHO. now to what is the meaning of life if & when I find out then I will tell you all that is if they have computers up or down there :541:

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if I'd be a forum guy in Canada. I'm hardly a forum guy now. This is the only one I've ever taken seriously because you're all a bunch of class acts. The guy everyone likes must be Jake. I don't know if everyone likes him, but Inspector's a helluva writer, comedian, and mind. Big fan, here. I don't agree with everything you say, Lee, but you're a helluva guy yourself. Like I said, you're all a bunch of class acts, so that goes for all of you. Back to my point, I don't know if I would care for forums living in Canada where I'm familiar with life, have friends to shoot the shiet with, and would be too busy playing basketball; but out here in Asia, I'm a loner a lot of the time, and a forum gives me a place to talk (write). For example, I've been sitting home all day today because I didn't care for the 1 hour bus ride to Taipei to play basketball. I chatted with my wife, watched some shows, but hadn't spoken to anyone all day. Not that I'm speaking now, either, but I am thinking and communicating, and that's nice. It's also nice to get opinions from a wide range of people and nationalities, and ages, and annonimity. My best friend might be my best friend, but does he know smack about the Philippines, Taiwan, or life abroad? Nope. The world has changed a lot from the one we grew up in, and if you can make friends on the internet, that's now a legitimate place to do it. Is it the same nature of friendship we grew up with? Nope. But is it a new kind of friendship that exists in today's world, one which we couldn't imagine years ago? Yes. I consider you guys my forum buddies, and that means friends. Limited? Yes. But does it make me happy to come on here and shoot the sizzlet with you? Of course. Cheers to that. To the future, and beyond.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm not sure if I'd be a forum guy in Canada. I'm hardly a forum guy now. This is the only one I've ever taken seriously because you're all a bunch of class acts. The guy everyone likes must be Jake. I don't know if everyone likes him, but Inspector's a helluva writer, comedian, and mind. Big fan, here. I don't agree with everything you say, Lee, but you're a helluva guy yourself. Like I said, you're all a bunch of class acts, so that goes for all of you. Back to my point, I don't know if I would care for forums living in Canada where I'm familiar with life, have friends to shoot the shiet with, and would be too busy playing basketball; but out here in Asia, I'm a loner a lot of the time, and a forum gives me a place to talk (write). For example, I've been sitting home all day today because I didn't care for the 1 hour bus ride to Taipei to play basketball. I chatted with my wife, watched some shows, but hadn't spoken to anyone all day. Not that I'm speaking now, either, but I am thinking and communicating, and that's nice. It's also nice to get opinions from a wide range of people and nationalities, and ages, and annonimity. My best friend might be my best friend, but does he know smack about the Philippines, Taiwan, or life abroad? Nope. The world has changed a lot from the one we grew up in, and if you can make friends on the internet, that's now a legitimate place to do it. Is it the same nature of friendship we grew up with? Nope. But is it a new kind of friendship that exists in today's world, one which we couldn't imagine years ago? Yes. I consider you guys my forum buddies, and that means friends. Limited? Yes. But does it make me happy to come on here and shoot the sizzlet with you? Of course. Cheers to that. To the future, and beyond.
Thank you Mike for the kind words and for pointing that out. I think you are a heck of a nice person yourself and it is my wish to meet up with you someday and hopefully become better friends. Mike I assure you and all the members here that I do not expect people to always agree with me, and I want all to feel free to express that disagreement whenever they feel the need because that is what life and forums are all about. It has always been my worry that some fear to disagree with me or other moderators because of the title, so titles should never interfere with a members thoughts being posted. The only time I have a problem with someone posting a disagreement is when they start an argument for the sake of arguing and not from their POV. So all feel free to disagree with me whenever you feel I am wrong, and if members disagree with my style of posting, then it would be my wish that they post more often so I can post less, and maybe so I can even fade into the background when more members are on more often to answer peoples questions, so I do not feel the need to. The main thing IMO is that the questions get answered and answered ASAP for those who ask for them.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I joined here becuase of simply seeking info and other peoples' perspective on life in the P'pines.So far it's been great and the members seem a genuine , caring bunch. Hope to meet up with some one day...maybe the get together...

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,My previous experience in networking was on a secured military net many, many years ago. My interface was not a keyboard, but from either a weapons or radar console, trying to figure out where all the bad guys were. The space where I was assigned was called CIC, Combat Information Center. But from my personal experience, it was really called "Christ, I'm Confused".But I am not confuse here. You know, I'm still amazed by all this social networking where anyone could chat, share photos and become virtual friends. In some cases, the friendship is extended by a warm handshake whenever a get together finally occurs. Members here come from all corners of the globe. I really enjoy learning from all of you, your international flavor, your jokes that are unique from your country, your street slang and most of all your opinions -- pros and cons. Of course there will always be someone who loves to terrorize or intimidate using the keyboard. And then you may have a bad day and start venting here. We don't mind reading all the bitch and moans, but please include constructive suggestions of lessons learned.As long as we don't ride our pantyhose up our butt crack for too long, then we could all get along by agreeing to disagree.....and not lose sleep over it.Group hug with some ass grabbin' --- Jake

Edited by JAKE
sentence structure
  • Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)

I only started posting in hope of meeting ladyboys here...I guess they sent me to the wrong forums. :541:

Edited by Inspector

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I only started posting in hope of meeting ladyboys here...I guess they sent me to the wrong forums. :541:
and I would bet that you want to inspect them. :lol: Well you met me and I am almost a ladyboy. nudie.gif-kiss.gif 36_6_3[1].gif :yes:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I only started posting in hope of meeting ladyboys here...I guess they sent me to the wrong forums. :lol:
and I would bet that you want to inspect them. :yes: Well you met me and I am almost a ladyboy. nudie.gif-kiss.gif36_6_3[1].gif :yes:
I pat down all with no exceptions ..... :541: