Is There Anything Wrong With

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I just showed this thread to Kristine, my fiance, and she was very sad for the girl to be in a position to sell herself like that or for someone to do it for her. John, Brock, Lee and Tom, sorry for the negativity but to me this is not a good topic for this forum. Just my $.02! Or maybe $.04! LOLOLOL
I do not understand what your fiance means when she says, she feels sad for the girl to be in a position to SELL herself or for me to do it for her ?.
You know I asked her what she meant by saying that and once again, it's one of those things that does not translate well from Cebuano to English either in sentiment or spoken word.She says it's just not natural to their culture and that in some ways it's just demeaning to be advertised on the net even though the video is quite innocent and unremarkable.I know Daisy knows what she means but she has already spoken on the matter.Since the mods are good to go, then life is cool!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It would be interesting to know how the members on this site met their wives,I met my filipina wife on matchmaker.com, a free site, so i didnt buy her.Having said that, she has cost me a fortune in the 6 years we have been married, but i wouldnt change her for the world...Regards Brock.
I met my Asawa on AmericanSingles(.)com several years ago. Several years later I flew to Cebu where she met me by herself. The next day I asked her to be my wife while we were on top of one of the Chocolate Hills in Carmen, Bohol. I couldn't be happier with anyone else.
I met my now wife through a girlfriend that I had from a dating site,after visiting my girlfriend in Cebu and meeting her best friend it ended up that the best friend became my wife. Needless to say that they never spoke to each other again. :whistling:

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am somewhat perplexed by this. We have two propositions:-a. A woman joins a dating site and is therefore allowing her details, aims in life and name etc to be viewed by everyone in the world. If you want to look for a woman, whatever your intentions (and I think most of them are dishonorable), you go to the 3 or 4 sites that Filipino women use. You are meat in the window for every male in the world.b. A woman makes a video of herself singing and asks a friend in good faith to post it on a site which hardly anyone looks at because I suspect the person posting thinks the members are decent sorts, or hopes they are as most people here do know each other.Now forgive me for being confused but if one should be sad for anyone it is (a) in my mind not (b) with the proviso it has been posted without consent and on every site concerning the Philippines, in which case (a) = (b) and is damb naughty.I agree with Lee that personal introductions are fraught with difficulty. I have only experienced it once, as Lee knows and was not really happy about the experience but that's life. No disrespect to anyone here but it's smacks a bit like the slave trade and best avoided. And never, ever, introduce a friend to a friend on the basis of an introduction. If they meet socially it's up to them.Women in the Philippines want to meet western men to improve their life and the family's, that is also life and most of us did meet using the interent. Sorry Bob and Kristine but on this one I disagree. santa_smiley.gif

Edited by johnrxx99

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

The video is posted on youtube where many post vidieos of this type just for people to see. Youtube is not a dating site. We are ASSuming that the vidieo was made for the purpose of finding a match. Perhaps it was just made as a youtube post then Brock asked her if he could post it here. That puts a whole different light on it then. Can you clarify that for us Brock?Either way I don't see that the vidieo is any different than using a dating site. As a matter of fact if you came across it on youtube without having read this post she is just another lady singing. No indication she is looking for a match. No contact info. That's my .02. (.08 when corrected for inflation and the fluctuating peso. ) :whistling:

brock
Posted
Posted
The video is posted on youtube where many post vidieos of this type just for people to see. Youtube is not a dating site. We are ASSuming that the vidieo was made for the purpose of finding a match. Perhaps it was just made as a youtube post then Brock asked her if he could post it here. That puts a whole different light on it then. Can you clarify that for us Brock?Either way I don't see that the vidieo is any different than using a dating site. As a matter of fact if you came across it on youtube without having read this post she is just another lady singing. No indication she is looking for a match. No contact info. That's my .02. (.08 when corrected for inflation and the fluctuating peso. ) :whistling:
Your right Tom, the young lady just enjoys singing, and my wife put the video on youtube, she has several of her singing on there, but that is all, she would never dream of asking anyone for a date, much too shy in that way.Regards Brock.

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I hope the best for that young lady, she should be able to find someone because she is pretty and she can sing, she seems to be happy and fun to be around with, that's the most important thing...fun to be with. There're plenty of people in this world want things and they don't want to work for, at least this lady's trying to better her life . :whistling:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Just for the record, the fact that she posted a song on youtube is cool and of no consequence in my opinion. Lot's of people do it. It was the original post on the other thread that was what caused me to make a comment.

Travis
Posted
Posted

I get the feeling from that song that lady is singing that song to someone she already knows and is deeply involved with.http://www.welcometothephilippines.com/for...post&p=2928Just my opinion on her.

brock
Posted
Posted

No, she just loves singing

Ginamos
Posted
Posted

It all seems fairly innocent, I can't see any evil subtext, good luck! Hope she finds her "lucky guy".