Watching Us Tv Outside The Us

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone tried watching watching programs on FOX.com while not in the US? I watch a lot of programs on my computer and I never tried it while in the Philippines yet, so I am wondering will it work or will I need a US ip address for it to work?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

lee i just clicked on the link you had there and tried to watch something and it said you can view it from your current location , so i would assume if i cant watch it from canada , it will be pretty much the same in the philippines but you never know so all you can do is try when your there !! OldUgly&Cranky

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
lee i just clicked on the link you had there and tried to watch something and it said you can view it from your current location , so i would assume if i cant watch it from canada , it will be pretty much the same in the philippines but you never know so all you can do is try when your there !! OldUgly&Cranky
Thank you. I am guessing that it will not be available without me linking to my US computer to watch them. I was trying to avoid leaving my US computer on while I was away, so I may have to use a proxy server instead. Anyone in the Philippines who can also try it for me so I can be sure?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I tried to play the full length episodes, it says: "THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CAN NOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR COUNTRY OR LOCATION".

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I tried to play the full length episodes, it says: "THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CAN NOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR COUNTRY OR LOCATION".
Thanks Art, that confirms what I thought would happen. I guess I will have to go another route to watch then. I still have access to a slingbox but I was hoping to be able to watch past episodes on there. Oh well, time to regroup my thoughts. biggrin.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some one I know gave me this website about a free proxy server, but I haven't looked into to it. See if it may help! http://www.freeproxyserver.ca/ I don't know too about it, too lazy to check it out, because I'm no computer geek!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Some one I know gave me this website about a free proxy server, but I haven't looked into to it. See if it may help! http://www.freeproxyserver.ca/ I don't know too about it, too lazy to check it out, because I'm no computer geek!
Thanks Art, I would be too chicken to try it. I have learned in life that rarely is anything free that does not have strings attached, so I would guess that they must put something else into the computer for their purposes and possibly a virus or trojan that I can do without. There are other programs and I can also connect to my Florida computer and watch that way without taking any chances, it was just that I hate leaving too many things on and my friend will be staying at out home and no doubt using my computer or their own, so that would slow my connection speed down while they are on, thus my idea to try to watch from Fox directly. I am just trying to give myself extra options.
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey guys, thanks for the info! I've heard about this Slingbox but really don't understand how it works.Lee, can you explain -- remember now, my Englesh is only at a turd grade level.Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hey guys, thanks for the info! I've heard about this Slingbox but really don't understand how it works.Lee, can you explain -- remember now, my Englesh is only at a turd grade level.Jake
Jake you can look at THIS thread and get some info. Basically it is a box that hooks to a persons cable or satellite dish and will give the same channels that can be watched where it is hooked up. The unit then connects to the internet via a wifi in the home, so you get a channel tuner on your computer screen and you set the channel for whatever you wish to watch. One problem nowadays is that most cable companies have now gone digital, so in order to see channels above the standard 25, then a digital box would have to be hooked on before the slingbox. Right now my friend has his hooked right out of the wall, so all we can get are the standard channels up to 25 on his system, but another friend just offered me access to his satellite dish slingbox and I am going to see how that would work if on the same computer, or it might have to be on a different computer since it is a different receiver. Something I have to work out in the next few days and will let you all know once I know if it will work.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Lee, I shall await with extreme anticipation for the next coming days.....he, he.Jake

Edited by Jake
correct my Englesh