Cremation Or Burial, What Will You Do?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

The reason I ask is because I watch so many expats here in the Philippines who do not seem to take care of themselves, and upon arrival I was told that one of my single neighbors almost died from not taking care of himself, and then there was the Italian guy who was stabbed and beat by a hammer by his gf, and who lived in the building next to where we live, and most Filipinos will refuse to discuss death, so IMHO we need to grab the bull by the horns and set something up so that our wishes are fulfilled, and also we should make sure that our relatives back where we came from are aware of our choice, so our wife or gf does not get blamed for doing what we directed her to do. I have told my wife I wish to be cremated wherever in the world I happen to die, and I would like my ashes to be spread in the ocean so she can come to the sea shore and visit with me wherever she happens to be at the time (if she happens to wish to visit me). I think that simplifies death and visits, what do you think? HERE is a place in Cebu I found

Edited by Mr. Lee
add content

Jake
Posted
Posted
The reason I ask is because I watch so many expats here in the Philippines who do not seem to take care of themselves, and upon arrival I was told that one of my single neighbors almost died from not taking care of himself, and then there was the Italian guy who was stabbed and beat by a hammer by his gf, and who lived in the building next to where we live, and most Filipinos will refuse to discuss death, so IMHO we need to grab the bull by the horns and set something up so that our wishes are fulfilled, and also we should make sure that our relatives back where we came from are aware of our choice, so our wife or gf does not get blamed for doing what we directed her to do. I have told my wife I wish to be cremated wherever in the world I happen to die, and I would like my ashes to be spread in the ocean so she can come to the sea shore and visit with me wherever she happens to be at the time (if she happens to wish to visit me). I think that simplifies death and visits, what do you think?
Judy and I have already discussed the inevitable and we both decided to follow your idea.Although I'm a little concern whether or not the fish will turn out to be DOM from my ownashes.DOM forever -- Jake

Gary
Posted
Posted

Burial, no ifs or buts in a secure/forever location :541:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yes but what if you should pass while in the Philippines, have you made arrangements for your wife or gf or whoever to send your body back to the US or would you want to be buried in the Philippines and if so have you made any plans of such? I ask because of most Filipinos often refuse to hear about those issues before death. Of course your answers may be personal and you do not have to answer them here, but it is something we all need to deal with.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I want to be cremated and have my remains blown into the air around a cafeteria where many tax collectors work so they can "eat me".But seriously? I'll be dead so: Surprise me!

Gary
Posted
Posted
Yes but what if you should pass while in the Philippines, have you made arrangements for your wife or gf or whoever to send your body back to the US or would you want to be buried in the Philippines and if so have you made any plans of such? I ask because of most Filipinos often refuse to hear about those issues before death. Of course your answers may be personal and you do not have to answer them here, but it is something we all need to deal with.
I am fine with whatever place i call home at the time, whether its in the US or the PH or Thailand or even my birth country of Germany.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Funerals in the Philippines are very expensive now a days for the average Filipino! So why put our families into a financial burden? So, it's cremation for me within 48 hours or less after I kick the bucket without the traditional local custom fanfare! I believe it only cost around P8,000 to be cremated, where as a regular funeral can cost between P60,000 to P120,000 on the average! Just MHO and personal desire!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
The reason I ask is because I watch so many expats here in the Philippines who do not seem to take care of themselves, and upon arrival I was told that one of my single neighbors almost died from not taking care of himself, and then there was the Italian guy who was stabbed and beat by a hammer by his gf, and who lived in the building next to where we live, and most Filipinos will refuse to discuss death, so IMHO we need to grab the bull by the horns and set something up so that our wishes are fulfilled, and also we should make sure that our relatives back where we came from are aware of our choice, so our wife or gf does not get blamed for doing what we directed her to do. I have told my wife I wish to be cremated wherever in the world I happen to die, and I would like my ashes to be spread in the ocean so she can come to the sea shore and visit with me wherever she happens to be at the time (if she happens to wish to visit me). I think that simplifies death and visits, what do you think? HERE is a place in Cebu I found
Dang Lee, I like that! • Crematorium• 17 well-appointed chapels (presidential / air conditioned / non-airconditioned)Original Mercedez Benz hearse*** • Wide parking area and paging system• Piped-in serene music• Well-equipped preparation room*** Make mine one of those custom made colorful 28 passenger air conditioned "jumbo jeepney" and drive my wife and quests to the nearest harbor and sprinkle my ashes over the water. And after the ceremony, everyone gets a corn dog and a bottle of Dr. Pepper with a straw! mocking.gif Edited by Fil/AmArt

Okieboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can get some idea about funerals from this site, my wife has a plan with them www.stppeter.com.ph they have chapels in Cebu,Davao and other areas, the have payment plans available if you wish

I found the link went bad, so here is what I think it may have gone to St. Peters Life Plan Inc. and HERE is the LINK to their chapels page
Edited by Kuya Lee
add new link

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I like that ashes into the ocean idea. I've always thought about over a particular place on land, wherever, but then it feels limited. Then again, the ocean is so big, it might water you down a bit? lol... How about a smaller body of water, like a lake near your home or in the mountains, to make it more personal and "anchored"? Puns are really not intended! dammit...lolI've wondered if it's possible and/or safe to tattoo someone's ashes into your skin, even just a small amount? Not if I die, but if someone close to me were to die, could I get a tattoo for them with some of their ashes mixed in with the ink?