Cremation Or Burial, What Will You Do?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I've recently been told my late friend Ted is still lying in the Maturan funeral home parking lot. He was to have been cremated on Thursday and his sister from the US was to pay the bill because somehow Ted was broke when he passed, (2 girlfriends, each with kids, can do that to you).It seems that the sister sent money to the girlfriend who is the mother of Ted's recently born child. The embalming, viewing and cremation etc was to cost 80,000 pesos so we can assume she sent about that much. The girlfriend has not been seen lately. Ted had a laptop and other electronic things that could have been sold to pay his bills but the other girlfriend took those. It is still hoped that the first girl will show up to pay Maturan so they will release the body for cremation.Learn what you can from this, folks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

My wife's grandmother passed away last month of old age, she was almost 100, born in 1912. Well, to make this story short, all the immediate families donated all the money for the funeral which would have cost P120,000, but they got a discount through a family friend who worked at the cemetery and only charged P66,000! All worked out and owing no one after all was said and done! And everyone had a great time, because it had been years since all the relatives and families were in one place at the same time for a family reunion!AddEmoticons04230.gif23_11_60[2].gif551.gif

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

looking around found this site BMCSI Manila BM Creamation Services Inc direct creamation starting at P18,000 sales@bmcsi-manila.com bmcsi@ymail.com can't get any cheaper and if you want remains sent to USA ,they can provide a container approved to carry on airplane in luggage. Embassy say it cost about $1400 for creamaton and return to the states, this way you can buy someone a ticket to the US and they can carry you back in their luggage, hahahahaah

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya. "DISCLAIMER", This is not a feel sorry to me reply, but just an actual expierience that fits in this topic.In December, my wife died. After getting over the devistation, i had her Cremated in Las vegas. The goal was to bring/send her remains back to the Philippines. This is no where as easy as it may seem. The URN Must be able to pass thru the x ray machine at the Airpot. "they must be able to see inside of it". All documents, Death certificate, cremation certificate, must be attached to, or in the same conatiner as the URN. A Temporay Urn, "Made of plastic or Wood", is recomended". I had mine custom made, and tested it at the courthouse x ray machoine, and it did not pass. So, I USPS/Insured/Registered, mailed it. The URN broke.The box had been opened in Manilla, and re packed. If this can happen coming here, then it can happen going from here to your home country. Now, as for Me, being the, "Hey I'm Dead, I dont care what you do", type. I am for, whatever cost the least, just do that. If you want to spend a lot of money, Give it to me before i die, and let me spend it......:photo-109: In a Lot of the world, Death is actually more important than Life. This, being as unpleasent as it is, really is something you need to know before hand, so you don't end up with conflicting issues as to what is to be done. No matter what you decide, not everyone will like it, But they will at least know about it ahead of time. imhop.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hiya. "DISCLAIMER", This is not a feel sorry to me reply, but just an actual expierience that fits in this topic.In December, my wife died. After getting over the devistation, i had her Cremated in Las vegas. The goal was to bring/send her remains back to the Philippines. This is no where as easy as it may seem. The URN Must be able to pass thru the x ray machine at the Airpot. "they must be able to see inside of it". All documents, Death certificate, cremation certificate, must be attached to, or in the same conatiner as the URN. A Temporay Urn, "Made of plastic or Wood", is recomended". I had mine custom made, and tested it at the courthouse x ray machoine, and it did not pass. So, I USPS/Insured/Registered, mailed it. The URN broke.The box had been opened in Manilla, and re packed. If this can happen coming here, then it can happen going from here to your home country. Now, as for Me, being the, "Hey I'm Dead, I dont care what you do", type. I am for, whatever cost the least, just do that. If you want to spend a lot of money, Give it to me before i die, and let me spend it......:photo-109: In a Lot of the world, Death is actually more important than Life. This, being as unpleasent as it is, really is something you need to know before hand, so you don't end up with conflicting issues as to what is to be done. No matter what you decide, not everyone will like it, But they will at least know about it ahead of time. imhop.
Thank you for the tip and we are very sorry for your loss. Seems things were just starting to look up for you and then that happened. Please accept our belated condolences.

Jake
Posted
Posted
looking around found this site BMCSI Manila BM Creamation Services Inc direct creamation starting at P18,000 sales@bmcsi-manila.com bmcsi@ymail.com can't get any cheaper and if you want remains sent to USA ,they can provide a container approved to carry on airplane in luggage. Embassy say it cost about $1400 for creamaton and return to the states, this way you can buy someone a ticket to the US and they can carry you back in their luggage, hahahahaah
Thank you Okieboy for the information. The website you provide is very informative.Respectfully -- Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
Love2winalot,We are deeply sorry for your loss. And yet you have courtesy to inform us of all your issues about shipping her remains back to the Philippines. I totally agree with your last statement about preparing for the inevitable. Myparents finally accepted this process by writing a living trust and setting up burial arrangements. This finalevent should not be a crisis management period for the surviving family members.Respectfully -- Jake

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Thanks for the replies. Of note, Just because TSA says it is ok, does not actually mean it is ok. I had a unopened, sealed plastic bottle of, 'Johnsons baby powder", and the security at the airportt opened, and tested it with the chemichal test.?????? Regarding a URN. TSA also states the Urn must be, "Sealed", and they are not allowed, and will not open it. Thus, the requirement to see inside, and the documents.