You Can't Prepair For Everything

Mike S
Posted
Posted

All the best laid plans of mice and men ......... SugarwareZ-011.gif ....... you can plan ... visit or other method to find out what is or isn't available here in the Philippines ...... but you can't cover everything ...... now some will say "then you don't need it" ...... true ..... but that is a cop out and an easy way around the problem ...... so you go on a search to find these items ..... sometimes other ex-pats can help if they have seen such items ...... but some aren't interested .... don't care or not willing to divulge sources ...... and so a diligent search must take place ....... One such item that still eludes me is an digital electrical radio alarm clock or just a digital electric clock with lighted numbers that can be viewed at night ..... no one (at least clerks) have no idea what you are talking about when asked ...... most will send you to the watch section of the department stores ...... not ...... I don't even get a "out of stock ... sir" ........ :lol: ....... just a blank ...... I get a kick out of seeing and hearing some of the explanations as to where the clock could be found ...... the only place I have not been told they were is the grocery store ...... but I have no fear someone will come up with it before my search is over ..... :lmao: ....... Now across the waters they can be found in just about every store ... including some grocery stores ...... and I know I could have one brought over but it would be 110v and require a transformer and maybe the way I end up going but for now the search continues ........ kinda like "the search for the holy grail" :th_exactly: ....... for the present I moved the DVD multi-player into the bedroom and it works for the time being but I am not willing to give up my search ..... it has become personal now ...... 36_1_58[1].gif ........ besides it takes me into many new stores I might other wise miss ...... :woohoo:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mike, the term Filipino time strikes me at this moment! If they had accurate alarm devices, there would be some real problems explaining their late arrival. I will do my best to find this device for you. I'm sure they are around!

Edited by BobNChe

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Mike,I can bring you over a 220v clock from Germany when I come next week. Only thing is, I'm sure the plugs are differant, but they may make plug adapters to fit the outlets there...I use adaptors for my American 220v electronics (i.e. my laptop) so I can plug them straight to the wall here.Brett

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Mike,I can bring you over a 220v clock from Germany when I come next week. Only thing is, I'm sure the plugs are differant, but they may make plug adapters to fit the outlets there...I use adaptors for my American 220v electronics (i.e. my laptop) so I can plug them straight to the wall here.Brett
It's easy to change a plug. Every hardware store has them.

Terp
Posted
Posted

Mike, after a long 6 year search I bought a digital clock with AM/FM radio along with alarm at Makro.They were located in a glass display case close to where they sell rice cookers.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks guy's for all the replies ...... volstateguy ....... thanks for the kind offer but let me check on Terp's tip :th_exactly: to look in Macro ..... maybe they still have one left ...... funny when I was there there a couple of weeks ago I didn't even think to look as I was looking for a micro-wave oven and kinda ticked off when they made me leave my ball-cap at the front desk ......

Mik
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike, I brought a digital alarm clock from the states. I have a 120 volt circuit in the bedroom and have it plugged into that. It doesn't keep very good time here in Cebu though. It runs a few minutes fast each day. But it's close enough to tell me what time it is in the middle of the night. I don't know why, but if I wake up during the night I need to know what time it is. I have been retired for 4 years now and I haven't learned yet. Old habits are hard to break. You can buy battery powered digital clocks but you can't read the time the dark.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Speaking of time, the board clock settings are off about 55 minutes somehow. It's actually about 1:00 PM right now.Your base time zone The time (including your current adjustment) is: Jan 2 2009, 01:54 PM (GMT + 8:00 hours) Hong Kong, Perth, Singapore, Taipei

Edited by M.Morey

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Ok Terp ..... good call they have 2 different types ..... a Philips and another brand ..... I chose the Philips for 690p ... the other one was 500p something ...... but a brand I am not familiar with ...... just for kicks we went to SM after getting it from Macro and again couldn't find one ....... Thanks again to everyone for their help ....... now we can share another valuable find ...... OH just in case anyone doesn't like military time the Philips is only set up for military time ...... just thought I would mention it ...... clock works great ..... Mike M ........ your like me when I wake up during the night I need to see the time too ..... but mine has nothing to do with work ...... just want to know if I should get up or not ...... hahahahahaha .....

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Thanks guy's for all the replies ...... volstateguy ....... thanks for the kind offer but let me check on Terp's tip :thumbsup: to look in Macro ..... maybe they still have one left ...... funny when I was there there a couple of weeks ago I didn't even think to look as I was looking for a micro-wave oven and kinda ticked off when they made me leave my ball-cap at the front desk ......
Not a problem Mike, I would have been happy to help out. I'm glad you able to find what you were looking for.