Concrete Walls

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Never, NEVER lean against these concrete walls you see all around the Philippinesmed_gallery_41_81_431487.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Oops, too late. Someone leaned against or peed on this one too many times.med_gallery_41_81_253002.jpg

Jake
Posted
Posted

Nice one Dave! One would have to suspect construction in general (roads, bridges, high rise) are not builtto code or for that matter, repeated urination....he, he. And thank you for allowing us to finally see the face behind Mr. Hounddriver. One of these days, maybe you could explain the name as well.Respectfully -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Nice one Dave! One would have to suspect construction in general (roads, bridges, high rise) are not builtto code or for that matter, repeated urination....he, he. And thank you for allowing us to finally see the face behind Mr. Hounddriver. One of these days, maybe you could explain the name as well.Respectfully -- Jake
Actually, that is not the face of the Hounddriver. It is another member here who usually goes on walks around the neighborhood with me. I did not name him in case he does not want that said but I expect he will show up and add his 2 centavos.As to my name, well its easy, I drove a 'Hound for a 30 year career before retiring.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Actually, that is not the face of the Hounddriver. It is another member here who usually goes on walks around the neighborhood with me. I did not name him in case he does not want that said but I expect he will show up and add his 2 centavos.As to my name, well its easy, I drove a 'Hound for a 30 year career before retiring.
Oops, my bad Dave. Anyway, I had to google "hound driver" and came up with websites referring anywhere fromtruck drivers to some "hound drivers needed in a video game". I'm going to go out on the limb and assume thatyou bred and trained hound dogs for hunting purposes. I once saw a documentary on how elaborate the calls orwhistles from the hunter to command various maneuvers (including stealth) to his hunting dog. Amazing!Respectfully -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm going to go out on the limb and . . .
This link may make it more clear. I guess its just the guys in the industry who use the term.DogBusDriver-2.jpgIts a pic I 'borrowed' from someone else's photo album but it gets the point across. Thanks to whichever fellow 'Hound driver posted it if you read this.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well guys, I guess I really ambushed this post and went off topic into the twilight zone. Let's see, how do I recover.....?The original photo of a collapsed wall was due to Dave's driving a Greyhound bus like a rabid dog and crashed into it.Prior to that, the foundation of the wall was further weakened by Jake's repeated caustic urine shower.OK judge, whack my pee-pee -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

It just occurred to me, as I looked at these pictures again, that not a single one of the concrete hollow blocks used in the broken wall appears to be even cracked. I have heard many, many foreigners here complaining about the poor quality of the building blocks used here but these pictures show that they are more than adequate for the job.Here is a video I found which shows how the local filipinos make concrete blocks. In this video they are using:

16 cans sand (20 liter can) + 1 bag cement = 54 to 55 pcs hollow blocks.
Edited by Dave Hounddriver
install youtube

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah Jake,Even when you got off topic, that picture of a hound driving a bus, thats-funny.gifhystery.gif

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
It just occurred to me, as I looked at these pictures again, that not a single one of the concrete hollow blocks used in the broken wall appears to be even cracked. I have heard many, many foreigners here complaining about the poor quality of the building blocks used here but these pictures show that they are more than adequate for the job.Here is a video I found which shows how the local filipinos make concrete blocks. In this video they are using:
16 cans sand (20 liter can) + 1 bag cement = 54 to 55 pcs hollow blocks.
In the Cebu area, they get 100 4" blocks from 1 sack of cement.The fence was heavily stucco'd and they use 1 part cement mix to 3 parts sand to make that.As long as the stucco doesn't erode or break, the wall will last for quite a while, but cannot be used as a load bearing wall. Edited by Kuya Lee
Please post below the last [/quote]