Ant Deterrent

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
I used to let the lizards come in under the door as I thought they will eat the ants and mossies. Then I realised that the damn cockroaches were coming in the same way so had to block it off. When I see ants I spray them with a water/bleach mixture. I have killed several hundred at a time when they find food we have dropped and missed in the clean-up. But I am going to look for that liquid/gell which kills them in the nest I will win in the end mmmm or move to a top apartment in a new high rise block.Kevin
Sorry Kevin but if Filipino ants are anything like Canadian ants, well.... I have had ants on the 18th floor! :cheersty:
Oh bugger

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup the little buggers are not afraid of heights ...... :cheersty: ..... but it is possible I guess for a lot of them to die before making the return journey back to their house in the basement ..... but of course they could always have sub-stations along the route for a potty break and refreshments ..... :3_8_14[1]:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Yup the little buggers are not afraid of heights ...... :cheersty: ..... but it is possible I guess for a lot of them to die before making the return journey back to their house in the basement ..... but of course they could always have sub-stations along the route for a potty break and refreshments ..... :hystery:
Cheers Mike now I have to do a spiderman down the side of the building to get them all
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have tried to SEAL all the tiny holes,even keep the areas clean Yet I still seem to have them. I cant use some ANT DETERRENT as I have a 2 1/2 yo child.

Any other suggestions?

Curley
Posted
Posted

I have tried to SEAL all the tiny holes,even keep the areas clean Yet I still seem to have them. I cant use some ANT DETERRENT as I have a 2 1/2 yo child.

Any other suggestions?

Put the stuff out at night when your child is asleep and put it away safe first thing in the morning.

• Like 2