Filipinas And Shoes… Cliché Or Fact?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife answers to Imelda when we walk by a shoe store in the mall. I have no idea how many shoes she has but it’s a lot. Stock answer… “Oh they were on sale”.Am I the only one or is this a common issue?:cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
thats-funny.gifIts not an accident that Shoe Mart is the busiest mall around
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Seems like aout once a month when my wife comes home from shopping I call her "Imelda"! We will soon need a larger closet.:cheersty:

• Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted

It's a woman thing....worldwide as well. The only unhealthy aspect of this, is if she wants you to go shopping with her as she is looking for a pair, and you become the suddenly queer eye for ladies shoes. :o

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

No Your Not the only one who has to go through this my friend , my wife is the same way at last count she has 32 pairs of shoes and over 10 handbags , and i dreaded going to the mall my last trip coz every shoe store we passed by we had to go in even if i was STARVING and we were headed to get something to eat we had to stop , i had to get upset just to get her out of there so i can eat hahaha O-U-C :o

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Long ago I bought a his and her shoe cabinet placed at our stair well landing that can hold at least 25 pairs of men's or 40 pairs of women's shoes. Guess what? It's now a her's shoe cabinet! th_thholysheep.gifMy 3 pairs of shoes are now in the down stair's closet!SugarwareZ-034.gifHand bags? She has boxes and boxes of them! I just told her to keep them out of sight! I don't know where she hides them! I don't care to know! mocking.gif

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

My Filipina ex wife used to buy a new pair of shoes...every week!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
My wife answers to Imelda when we walk by a shoe store in the mall. I have no idea how many shoes she has but it’s a lot. Stock answer… “Oh they were on sale”.Am I the only one or is this a common issue?:36_1_50[1]:
my Pinay wife is very tight with her money but she does have 30 pair of flip flopspiglett
  • Like 1

beegee
Posted
Posted

Ha - My wife is Imelda also, well over 40 pairs of shoes and many handbags. Just got home from shopping for some new shoes, seems a cultural thing.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Ha - My wife is Imelda also, well over 40 pairs of shoes and many handbags. Just got home from shopping for some new shoes, seems a cultural thing.
I feel your pain Beegee! Do you know the difference between a purse and a handbag? Nothing other than those darn hand bags cost five times as much!:36_1_50[1]:
  • Like 3