Social Security Disability And Getting Married

Mavrick
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks I got my answerTo live there and marryThen I do not need to file that K3 visa

Edited by Mavrick

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Let me add, if you plan to marry here and live here, then get extra copies of your birth certificate and multiple copies of all divorce certificates if you have ever been married before and bring those with you.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mavrick,Sounds confusing! Kind of getting ahead of yourself! 1) If some is on social security disability, can they marry a Filipina?Ans: You can marry whomever you wish, but the main question is, can you afford to live in the Philippines? 2) And live there with out doing all the paper work for her to become a US citizen?Ans: As long you don't plan on bringing your Filipino wife back to the U.S..Once you get married in the Philippines, you can apply for your 13a permanent resident visa.3) Also this "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" looks like you have to almost file with the US to start the process?Ans: Confusing question! If you have been married before, you need proof of all your divorce papers before legally getting married in the Philippines! What's your purpose of a K3 visa? I think you need to do more research so you can ask the more specific questions!

Edited by Art2ro

Mavrick
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://www.mag-anak....ms/LEGALCAP.PDFThanks Art2ro.I have reread the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage @ this link.I do not have to file the paper work or k3 visa for her to become a US citzenYour info is right. I thank you.Answer to your Question about living there still doing the math.From what I have read here my monthly income no problem.Just have to work on some details.K3 visa=The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition. Edited by Mavrick

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Howdy mavrick, im a foreign born us citizen. i was born in the philippines and am on SSDI. i am going back soon, but if it wasnt for our family business in the PH. i dont think i would make the move on a ssdi monthly check only. and i speak the language fluently.and know the ways and culture. getting married there would obligate you to support her family, and that alone can wipe out your check. have you considered medical emergencys? the remotness of some hospitals, the cash up front policy for most hospitals, medicare is not here. if you have $1500 a month ssdi you would barely make it supporting a wife and extended family. i myself would not do it with ssdi only. just my 2 centavos worth. tanks ej.