Phillipines Expatforum Is An Amazing Site.

the dude
Posted
Posted

I've never seen a site like this for expat community. Just about anything you can think of is here. wow. :AddEmoticons04230: I've read a lot of thread on Cebu here. Do more American expats reside in Cebu area? Was there last year. Really like the place. Where would you say is most comfortable area to retire to in phils do you think? I know its all subjective but....I'd like to be safe in a nice area that's affordable. thanx the dude from So Cal. :D

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I've never seen a site like this for expat community. Just about anything you can think of is here. wow. :AddEmoticons04230: I've read a lot of thread on Cebu here. Do more American expats reside in Cebu area? Was there last year. Really like the place. Where would you say is most comfortable area to retire to in phils do you think? I know its all subjective but....I'd like to be safe in a nice area that's affordable. thanx the dude from So Cal. :D
We are happy you are enjoying the forum and hope you stick around and continue to do so. We are all here to try to help others, and we hope that you will also help our other members with your knowledge about issues.Many people including myself pick Cebu because it is a big island and one can travel right outside the city to the provinces and live a province life, if they so desire. Cebu City is centrally located in the Philippines, it has an international airport that goes just about anywhere, there are lots of round eyes here and more this year than ever before, the city is a big city while not as big as some on Luzon, but IMHO it is not inexpensive to live within the city, and I am told there are many less expensive areas outside the city, as well as in other areas of the Philippines. It is all going to depend on what a person seeks in their life here in the Philippines. Continue to read and ask questions and you should get a better feel of where you might wish to settle.
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Welcome aboard Dude,I believe you have found the most friendliest and the most informative forum about the Philippines.I am currently located in SoCal in Temecula (county of Riverside) and awaiting for my SS benefitsto kick in before I bid my final farewell to USA. Please feel free to post your questions or comments.We could also learn from you as well.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
welcome.gifThe Dude! Yeah, this is an awesome website! Jump right in and enjoy! As they say, "birds of a feather flock together"! That's why there's Cebu, where most of the foreigners live or is it just could be that most of their wives are from Cebu or it's also a major tourist destination? My Buddy Jake and I, we blend in anywhere! mocking.gif

The phantom menace
Posted
Posted
We are happy you are enjoying the forum and hope you stick around and continue to do so. We are all here to try to help others, and we hope that you will also help our other members with your knowledge about issues.Many people including myself pick Cebu because it is a big island and one can travel right outside the city to the provinces and live a province life, if they so desire. Cebu City is centrally located in the Philippines, it has an international airport that goes just about anywhere, there are lots of round eyes here and more this year than ever before, the city is a big city while not as big as some on Luzon, but IMHO it is not inexpensive to live within the city, and I am told there are many less expensive areas outside the city, as well as in other areas of the Philippines. It is all going to depend on what a person seeks in their life here in the Philippines. Continue to read and ask questions and you should get a better feel of where you might wish to settle.
I too would like to thank all who have contributed to this great forum.I do not post very often as i only travel to manila a couple of times per year for a short break,but i check here on a regular basis to learn more.So i have decided to travel to cebu this year for the first time after reading the info from here.Again thanks to all who are making this such a informative forum.....cheers

Inspector
Posted
Posted

The menace and the dude...together, in one thread?...and that thread being an appreciation typeWho would of thunk it. :AddEmoticons04230:

the dude
Posted
Posted
Welcome aboard Dude,I believe you have found the most friendliest and the most informative forum about the Philippines.I am currently located in SoCal in Temecula (county of Riverside) and awaiting for my SS benefitsto kick in before I bid my final farewell to USA. Please feel free to post your questions or comments.We could also learn from you as well.Respectfully -- Jake
thank you Jake. The Dude

the dude
Posted
Posted
The menace and the dude...together, in one thread?...and that thread being an appreciation typeWho would of thunk it. :unsure:
Yes indeed. hehehe. Can't wait fo retire there! take care. the dude :th_thbestpost:

• 3 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I suppose like most things, it depends on who you are and what you are looking for. There are a good number of expat forums for those living and visiting the Philippines, and depending on what you are looking for maybe others are more appropriate.Having said that, if you are looking for a great group of people (expat and Filipino) who are helpful, informative, friendly and with out a doubt funny. If you want to know what it is like to live and visit here for a short or long term. If you are interested in people, (not just sex) then this is the forum to belong to. I notice that sex does creep into the odd thread, but always in a light hearted and well stated manner, so no fear. Many of us might be old and some retired, we can still appreciate some of the better pleasures in life, and in deed many of us have much younger wives who keep us very busy, (and still productive, now having a 6 month old gorgeous daughter).I would agree this is the best forum I have found, whether concentrating on Cebu or the Philippines in general. Ask your questions, share your thoughts and plans, YOU WILL MAKE FRIENDS.The kind of friends who will keep in touch, share your pain or your celebrations. In general a great bunch of people, wanting to live life to it's fullest and share what can be shared. :SugarwareZ-034: :th_signs027:All the bestCarl

• Like 1

the dude
Posted
Posted
I suppose like most things, it depends on who you are and what you are looking for. There are a good number of expat forums for those living and visiting the Philippines, and depending on what you are looking for maybe others are more appropriate.Having said that, if you are looking for a great group of people (expat and Filipino) who are helpful, informative, friendly and with out a doubt funny. If you want to know what it is like to live and visit here for a short or long term. If you are interested in people, (not just sex) then this is the forum to belong to. I notice that sex does creep into the odd thread, but always in a light hearted and well stated manner, so no fear. Many of us might be old and some retired, we can still appreciate some of the better pleasures in life, and in deed many of us have much younger wives who keep us very busy, (and still productive, now having a 6 month old gorgeous daughter).I would agree this is the best forum I have found, whether concentrating on Cebu or the Philippines in general. Ask your questions, share your thoughts and plans, YOU WILL MAKE FRIENDS.The kind of friends who will keep in touch, share your pain or your celebrations. In general a great bunch of people, wanting to live life to it's fullest and share what can be shared. :508: :th_signs027:All the bestCarl
thank you.:th_thholysheep: