Phillipines Expatforum Is An Amazing Site.

Mugs
Posted
Posted

i agree great forum and mostly nice people.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And I agree as well! I only joined this morning and I have found a lot of info that I have not found anywhere else online! Great big :541: to everyone on here!Bob

Jake
Posted
Posted
And I agree as well! I only joined this morning and I have found a lot of info that I have not found anywhere else online! Great big :541: to everyone on here!Bob
Sorry Bob, but I just logged on again to approve your post. Keep posting sir with questions or comments.You'll become a full member in no time flat. Respectfully -- JakePS -- allow me to salute you as a fellow veteran.

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Hello All ! I would also like to express my appreciation to the " Powers that be " for creating such a web site as this. ( Not to mention giving me the privilege of being a part of it ) I also wish to say Thank You to all of the current and former veterans for their service to the Great U.S.A. & of course our allies as well.May I pose a few questions ??? I would hope my personal Email and info is not seen with the exception of those in charge of the PEF site. Also, how is it that I fill out my profile ?I'm in my early 40's, retired public servant, Never married. ( Ugly but reallllly dashing; Ha, ha ) Did time in Military service as several here. Looking to visit the Philippines, enjoy the warmer weather, make new ( Good ) friends and maybe volunteer /do some good there. I need a good MMA school to train at BTW. Heck, I might move there.I confess, ya'll have me kinda excited about this. My attorney ( Also a long time friend ) said he at first, thought I was crazy. Last we talked, he said I'd be crazy IF I did not at least visit. Sincerely Higg-num : )

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
May I pose a few questions ??? I would hope my personal Email and info is not seen with the exception of those in charge of the PEF site. Also, how is it that I fill out my profile ?
Select your profile by clicking on your picture or avatar at left, there is an Edit My Profile button on the top right of your profile page. Your email address is not visible.
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
May I pose a few questions ??? I would hope my personal Email and info is not seen with the exception of those in charge of the PEF site. Also, how is it that I fill out my profile ?
Go to the top right side of the page and find your name and click on the pull down next to it and all options will then show to edit whatever it is you wish. Once you get to a page, look on the left of that page and other options will be there for you to change. If you did not make your email address public in the settings, then only some of the staff will be able to see it.ADDED Whoops I see Mike already answered, you can do it that way too but up top you get all options and full members would be able to do more than new members. Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Go to the top right side of the page and find your name and click on the pull down next to it and all options will then show to edit whatever it is you wish. Once you get to a page, look on the left of that page and other options will be there for you to change.If you did not make your email address public in the settings, then only some of the staff will be able to see it.ADDED Whoops I see Mike already answered, you can do it that way too but up top you get all options and full members would be able to do more than new members.
Just to addNow that the member who asked the question is in the Member group he now has access to his profile,when he was in the New Member group he did not.
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

yes still is the better if not the best of the Forums,

even I appreciate how they run it so clean and allow NO compared to other forums :1927_: :714_full_of_crap:

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted
I've never seen a site like this for expat community. Just about anything you can think of is here. wow. :AddEmoticons04230: I've read a lot of thread on Cebu here. Do more American expats reside in Cebu area? Was there last year. Really like the place. Where would you say is most comfortable area to retire to in phils do you think? I know its all subjective but....I'd like to be safe in a nice area that's affordable. thanx the dude from So Cal. :D
We are happy you are enjoying the forum and hope you stick around and continue to do so. We are all here to try to help others, and we hope that you will also help our other members with your knowledge about issues.Many people including myself pick Cebu because it is a big island and one can travel right outside the city to the provinces and live a province life, if they so desire. Cebu City is centrally located in the Philippines, it has an international airport that goes just about anywhere, there are lots of round eyes here and more this year than ever before, the city is a big city while not as big as some on Luzon, but IMHO it is not inexpensive to live within the city, and I am told there are many less expensive areas outside the city, as well as in other areas of the Philippines. It is all going to depend on what a person seeks in their life here in the Philippines. Continue to read and ask questions and you should get a better feel of where you might wish to settle.

perfect answer!