Where Did It All Begin

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Last night while drowning my sorrows and reading a few forums a thought crossed my mind. It appears that there are many who dont like the bargirls because of the work they do,prostitutes they called them.Now my question is where did it all begin,were the first bars set up for the Clarke Airforce base. This would be my assumption since Angeles City is full of them.Is this where the western influence and money started the whole thing or were there girly bars before this? :th_noproblem:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Last night while drowning my sorrows and reading a few forums a thought crossed my mind. It appears that there are many who dont like the bargirls because of the work they do,prostitutes they called them.Now my question is where did it all begin,were the first bars set up for the Clarke Airforce base. This would be my assumption since Angeles City is full of them.Is this where the western influence and money started the whole thing or were there girly bars before this? :th_interesting:

I will answer that for you Tom,where did it all begin?Well first the earth cooled then came the dinosaurs,,,, wait I'm talking to my self :7481: Suppose no one has the answer or does not want to talk about the western influence?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Well Ug liked Uga but he couldn't make any headway so one evening after the weekly Mammoth Hunt he took a particularily fine hunk of BBQ Mammoth and some Shell beads to her cave. Ta Daa he was in. So every week Ug treked to Uga's cave with goodies. Eventually many of the other guys caught on and brought goodies. Uga saved the goodies and eventually retired and bought a condo in Miami. So now you know how it all began. :th_interesting: :th_interesting:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Last night while drowning my sorrows and reading a few forums a thought crossed my mind. It appears that there are many who dont like the bargirls because of the work they do,prostitutes they called them.Now my question is where did it all begin,were the first bars set up for the Clarke Airforce base. This would be my assumption since Angeles City is full of them.Is this where the western influence and money started the whole thing or were there girly bars before this? :th_interesting:
I call the person that catches fish for a living a fisherman. The person that grows crops for a living is a farmer. A person that performs sexual acts for money is a prostitute.Last I checked, bargirls perform sexual acts for money. That means they are prostitutes. Calling them whores or harlots would be showing disrespect, but prostitute is simply the profession they've chosen. I'm sure prostitution existed in the Philippines long before Clark was established. The presence of foreign soldiers simply increased the pay scale.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

It certainly didn't start at Clark. Indeed, it's known as the world's oldest profession. Babylon certainly had a few and Thebes was a good spot. While probably not bars as such I'm sure some grape peeling and wine was available, and a donkey or two just to broaden the available offering. SugarwareZ-007.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I call the person that catches fish for a living a fisherman. The person that grows crops for a living is a farmer. A person that performs sexual acts for money is a prostitute.Last I checked, bargirls perform sexual acts for money. That means they are prostitutes. Calling them whores or harlots would be showing disrespect, but prostitute is simply the profession they've chosen. I'm sure prostitution existed in the Philippines long before Clark was established. The presence of foreign soldiers simply increased the pay scale.
But was there any girly bars before Clarke or was this the start of what we now Know as girly bars and bargirls.Where did the tradition if I can call it that to "ring the bell" come from? :rolleyes:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I know in the old Navy Clubs it was traditional to ring the bell if anyone entered covered (Wearing your hat) Then he would buy a round of drinks for those sitting at the bar. As in the rhyme "He who enters covered here shall buy the bar a round of cheer."This thing about ringing the bell to buy the girls drinks is a recent occurance. I don't remember them doing that in Olongapo years ago.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
Last night while drowning my sorrows and reading a few forums a thought crossed my mind. It appears that there are many who dont like the bargirls because of the work they do,prostitutes they called them.Now my question is where did it all begin,were the first bars set up for the Clarke Airforce base. This would be my assumption since Angeles City is full of them.Is this where the western influence and money started the whole thing or were there girly bars before this? :1 (103):
But was there any girly bars before Clarke or was this the start of what we now Know as girly bars and bargirls.Where did the tradition if I can call it that to "ring the bell" come from? :th_exactly:
Boss, as I mentioned, there have been girlie bars for thousands of years. What do you mean by a girlie bar? If you mean places where men drink and there are women to buy favours from - yup, since the modern world began and armies marched.Clark was an air base from before the second world war I assume. Thus service men and prostitution go arm in arm. The Roman army took them with them, as did the British. If you want a man to fight you have to give him what he want's while on leave - booze and pussy.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Last night while drowning my sorrows and reading a few forums a thought crossed my mind. It appears that there are many who dont like the bargirls because of the work they do,prostitutes they called them.Now my question is where did it all begin,were the first bars set up for the Clarke Airforce base. This would be my assumption since Angeles City is full of them.Is this where the western influence and money started the whole thing or were there girly bars before this? :th_thimage_265775:
But was there any girly bars before Clarke or was this the start of what we now Know as girly bars and bargirls.Where did the tradition if I can call it that to "ring the bell" come from? :rolleyes:
Boss, as I mentioned, there have been girlie bars for thousands of years. What do you mean by a girlie bar? If you mean places where men drink and there are women to buy favours from - yup, since the modern world began and armies marched.Clark was an air base from before the second world war I assume. Thus service men and prostitution go arm in arm. The Roman army took them with them, as did the British. If you want a man to fight you have to give him what he want's while on leave - booze and pussy.
The misunderstanding here is I'm only asking about the Philippines,no where else. :thumbsup: I know prostitution didn't start as a business yesterday.What I was trying to establish is, did the firsts bars start up in the Philippines to provide entertainment for visiting troops in Angeles/Clarke and then the idea spread to say Cebu?Were there any smilure bars in the Philippines before the western culture came with the dollars?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is interesting, I wonder if it might catch on in the Philippines? It would sure solve the poverty problem! NO, I do not advocate this type of thing for the Philippines! 22-Year-Old Sells Virginity Online -- and Feds Can't Do a Thing to Stop HerThursday, January 15, 2009 A 22-year-old woman is selling her virginity online