Where Did It All Begin

TheMason
Posted
Posted
This is interesting, I wonder if it might catch on in the Philippines? It would sure solve the poverty problem! NO, I do not advocate this type of thing for the Philippines! 22-Year-Old Sells Virginity Online -- and Feds Can't Do a Thing to Stop HerThursday, January 15, 2009http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480037,00.html
If the girly bar business is OK, why get squeamish about girls selling their virginity? As long as the girl is past the age of consent why complain? This forum openly discusses and condones prostitution in the Philippines. A post from a moderator decrying prostitution is the height of hypocrisy.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
This is interesting, I wonder if it might catch on in the Philippines? It would sure solve the poverty problem! NO, I do not advocate this type of thing for the Philippines! 22-Year-Old Sells Virginity Online -- and Feds Can't Do a Thing to Stop HerThursday, January 15, 2009http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480037,00.html
If the girly bar business is OK, why get squeamish about girls selling their virginity? As long as the girl is past the age of consent why complain? This forum openly discusses and condones prostitution in the Philippines. A post from a moderator decrying prostitution is the height of hypocrisy.
I may be a moderator, but does that take away my right to an opinion? I personally do not condone prostitution and if that is your bag, that is your right. I do not prevent you from voicing your opinion, why do you wish to limit me from voicing my opinion?ADDED advocateto speak or write in favor of, defend: recommend. One who pleads the cause of another. Edited by Mr. Lee

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The idea of a girl selling her virginity on eBay for that kind of money is ludichrist ....... the picture of her alone is enough to turn me off ...... why would someone with that kind of money pay her when they could travel to countries all over the world and find much much better and millions less ... typical news hype or eBay salesmanship at it's lowest from ....... but then as with most sales pitches ..... the authors integrity flies out the window ...... But it does make for humorous reading ..... but should be under the Urban Legends instead of news items ...... SugarwareZ-011.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted

:th_interesting: 3.7 million, Wow! some people must have more money than brains to pay that much for an average looking woman. SugarwareZ-035.gif I guess what they say is true, everyone has a price. I wonder what the price of a virgin in the Philippines would end up costing if they tried the same thing? I hope it does not catch on there! :Mad:

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

I would not think the girlie bars started with US Military bases....And if it did it would not have just spread to Cebu. Many don't know or forget that MACTAN AIRPORT used to be a US military base itself. I think we moved out in like 1966 if I am not mistaken...somewhere close to that anyway....But Manila being a large seaport for a couple hundred years before the US got there, I am sure there were girlie bars there long before the US....I know the Emirta district close to the US Embassy was once a much wilder place than it is now. Mayor Lim basicly closed it down around 1990 or so. Otherwise there were hundreds of bars along that area. I know I got drunk in at least that many...The bars in Olongapo and Subic City did start from the bases.. Actually were on the base initially...Having spent much time in Olongapo years ago, back before the main street was even paved, miuch less any others, the vast majority of bars were just small hole in the wall places...Some planned "accidental" fires every few years allowed for new and more modern clubs to be built... one of the first being Paulines as a big club..When the base pullled its boundries back to $hit river, that area became the beginnings of Olongapo as a town, then years later, Mayor Godon had it reclassified as a city.Jim

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
The idea of a girl selling her virginity on eBay for that kind of money is ludichrist ....... the picture of her alone is enough to turn me off ...... why would someone with that kind of money pay her when they could travel to countries all over the world and find much much better and millions less ... typical news hype or eBay salesmanship at it's lowest from ....... but then as with most sales pitches ..... the authors integrity flies out the window ...... But it does make for humorous reading ..... but should be under the Urban Legends instead of news items ...... SugarwareZ-011.gif
$3.7 million. What is the guy a leper? Kind of makes you wonder how a fool and his money got together in the first place.