Certificate To Take Dog On Ferry

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hi Dave, Do you have any update on this?
I just read through the thread and it appears I neglected to mention that I did come on the ferry with my pickup. Two dogs in a cage in the back, all certificates in order and all shots up to date. My wife was asked and she said she had the papers so they never asked to see them. Easy crossing.

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)
Though it might be difficult for me to explain to my girlfriend about "peeling off stickers from bottles"!
When you vaccinate a dog, the vaccine comes in a tiny vial or rubber topped bottle. There is a peel off sticker with the type of medicine, brand, expiration date and lot number. Routinely, these stickers are used as proof that the dog actually got the meds you are saying. Edited by billten

billten
Posted
Posted
I've heard they check on the Supercat but I doubt they would care much on the Superferry.Other than that, I notice some attempt in the provinces to control rabies so that is getting to be their big concern. If the animal has the certificate to prove rabies shots up to date then I would just bring it with me. But there is always a chance of meeting an officious official.
It all depends, there are huge numbers of animals on the ferry, most of them Sabong chickens ;-) Animal health is a real problem that some ports take quite seriously, for example, shipping a goat from Leyte is very difficult on any major ferry as Leyte has got foot and mouth disease, Cebu doesn't...
  • Like 2

yosho
Posted
Posted

Lots of good info here, thanks! :)