Why Are Taxis In Cebu Soooooo Old?

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just an update on the Taxi from Cebu airport given by various members. Right on!!! Did exactly as you said...., kept walking past all the poachers, through the doors, across the street, up maybe a dozen stairs and .... there they were, all those old and new white taxis. Took my slip of paper from the guard with the taxi name and plate number, and off I went to AS Fortuna Ave, cost..., 180 pesos, well 200 is what I gave the driver.Many thanks for the advise! Excellent.Now coming home same day..., that is another story. Also took the advise of several members, and when I arrived back in Manila, walked out of the terminal, turned left and walked out of the Terminal parking lot, right onto the street, where there were several white taxis. I took the first one saying I want to go to Pasig only if you use the meter. Got in and about 1/4 of a mile down the road he said, 700! My reaction, (politely of course) :cool_beans: Stop the car and let me out. I will get another taxi who knows how to use the meter. The driver said the yellow taxis charge over 1,000! and I said "Not to me they don't" :Mad:123Needless to say, he kept going and said OK OK, and put on the meter, which at the end of my journey, (20 minutes ride) was also 180 pesos!!! And yes once again I gave him 250 this time, because during the ride and the talking, he apologised and I understood. If you don't ask... you don't get. But can't help but feel like....., I must look like :e3364:Just goes to show you, even after 4 years here, and taking taxis in many parts of the Philippines you can still get caught out if not careful.Again thanks to everyone for the advise. :AddEmoticons04230:Carl

Edited by Kuya Lee
fix emoticon spacing

• 5 weeks later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
Just an update on the Taxi from Cebu airport given by various members. Right on!!! Did exactly as you said...., kept walking past all the poachers, through the doors, across the street, up maybe a dozen stairs and .... there they were, all those old and new white taxis. Took my slip of paper from the guard with the taxi name and plate number, and off I went to AS Fortuna Ave, cost..., 180 pesos, well 200 is what I gave the driver.
ok what's the deal on the name & plate # ????never done that beforeis that so the guy doesn't run off with your bags ???piglett

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just an update on the Taxi from Cebu airport given by various members. Right on!!! Did exactly as you said...., kept walking past all the poachers, through the doors, across the street, up maybe a dozen stairs and .... there they were, all those old and new white taxis. Took my slip of paper from the guard with the taxi name and plate number, and off I went to AS Fortuna Ave, cost..., 180 pesos, well 200 is what I gave the driver.
ok what's the deal on the name & plate # ????never done that beforeis that so the guy doesn't run off with your bags ???piglett
It is more for the protection of the passenger, since the driver know you now have his info. Also it is in case a passenger accidentally leaves something in the taxi, that way they can call LTO and get his contact info. I always tell my wife to text me the taxi number if she is going somewhere alone, sort of insurance in case the driver turns out to be an AH.

piglett
Posted
Posted
It is more for the protection of the passenger, since the driver know you now have his info. Also it is in case a passenger accidentally leaves something in the taxi, that way they can call LTO and get his contact info. I always tell my wife to text me the taxi number if she is going somewhere alone, sort of insurance in case the driver turns out to be an AH.
got ya thanks for the 411