Why Do Some Foreigners Seem To Over Build Homes?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I read the classified online here all the time and I see huge house after huge house where a foreigner had it built and is now stuck with it, because they refuse to give into the fact that they are buried in their homes and the only way to sell it is to take a huge loss or wait a long time. In other words, why don't these otherwise intelligent people just lick their wounds, sell the house for what the traffic will pay and move on? Of course the other issue is that whatever we buy in a developing nation, we should be prepared to wait many years to even try to recover our money, if ever. Higher end items will take even longer to sell here unless the right buyer just happens to come along, whereas IMHO lower end items will have a larger available market. I of course wish those same people luck in selling their homes and hope they succeed and get their money back, and I just hope that others can learn from those who seem to jump in too deep.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have wondered the same and I have noticed further that there are many exwives and widows who own those expensive properties and they won't sell at an affordable price either. I have looked at a few properties that have been reduced in price but they reduce the price very little wayyyyyyyyy after its sell by date and the maintenance to bring the property back into shape is more than the savings.Solution, wish the sellers luck while thinking:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Because some foreigners can afford to throw their money around to impress their neighbors or their girl friends or wife or their eyes were just bigger than their wallet and simply got carried away in building their nice huge home just for the two them and their nice large extended families! Sorry, but that ain't my thing! Different strokes for different folks!as-if.gif

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I would be happy with a Nippa Hut on the beach! Anyone got one they want to get rid of for say.... around 50 pesos! Ha sorry but that is all I can afford at the moment!Carl

brock
Posted
Posted

Cheryl knows of a 2 bedroom house for sale at 80,000no idea what its like, but the lands got to be worth that ?

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Cheryl knows of a 2 bedroom house for sale at 80,000no idea what its like, but the lands got to be worth that ?
It is worth finding out where it is, what is the size etc etc etc. as at that price I could always try and borrow the money. It would be a secure investment for Ellie and Chiya. Let me know what you find.Thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It is worth finding out where it is, what is the size etc etc etc. as at that price I could always try and borrow the money. It would be a secure investment for Ellie and Chiya. Let me know what you find.Thanks
Hey, if we can talk them down to say P60000, you and I can go halves. laugh.gif

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Sounds good to me, so long as you don't mind me being the permanent resident!!! Oh and Ellie and Chiya of course! Tell you what we will include a room ...., with a door.... and your name on it!!! Maybe the CR? Ha HaCarl

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Sounds good to me, so long as you don't mind me being the permanent resident!!! Oh and Ellie and Chiya of course! Tell you what we will include a room ...., with a door.... and your name on it!!! Maybe the CR? Ha HaCarl
Besides Bass Man, I thought you were going to buy that Villa and let Ellie and I stay in one of the Guest Houses?????Carl

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Besides Bass Man, I thought you were going to buy that Villa and let Ellie and I stay in one of the Guest Houses?????Carl
lol, I will be lucky to pay the hosting for this forum so no villas or cheap houses for me. SugarwareZ-034.gif