Domino's Pizza

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I too love pizzas as my favorite food! It's the other pizzas that taste like cardboard, except for a few and Domino's IMO! I just wonder when Dominos will return in our vicinity! Alabang is the closest, but don't know if they will deliver to our area! I'll give them a call one of these days and find out when I get the urge for pizza! There's at least 4 to 5 pizza places, Yellow Cab, Shakey's, Greenwich, Pizza Hut and two others just across the street from us, but they aren't to my liking, but Pizza Hut is OK, because their crust is OK!

MikeB
Posted
Posted
To me most chain store made pizza are like cardboard here in Australia,I like the privately owned corner store pizzas better but dont really buy pizza much these days.
I agree, I don't touch the chains and the first computer tech job I had was servicing the Pizza Hut systems. Couldn't pay me to eat in most of those. I lived in and around NYC for many years and that's some of the best in the world. I have only it a few times here and it always has this strange, sweet taste. Ketchup? Sugar?

• 2 weeks later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I love pizza, but chain pizza is usually not top end stuff. That said, it is usually quite edible for me. Pizza Hut is toward the bottom for me and toward the top for my wife. I like Yellow Cab and Shakey's. Shakey's "hand tossed" pizza is my favorite though their traditional thin crust is good too. I'm more of thin or medium crust guy and not much into thick crust pizzas.I live in Baguio City on Luzon. Local pizzas can be good to less than edible. And I love pizzas. I make them at home often, with homemade sauce. Cheese is a challenge if you make at home. Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, and Shrimp are our favorites. Shortly I hope to be making them on a charcoal & wood grill, with the traditional 3 to 5 minute cook time often seen in traditional wood ovens. A month or two down the road and I'll report on the success (or failure) of that.