A Brits Very Negative View Of The Philippine

Travis
Posted
Posted

I just read this story, written by a Brit, is sure makes the Philippines look pretty bad, is any of this true of the Philippines and the ladies there?http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2690.htm

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have to say that story is very disturbing :rolleyes: and I would have to say that is not the norm in the Philippines, and IMHO it would be caused by someone not choosing the right ladies. Number one, the guy himself said that he should have seen the signs before he married the lady. So take what he said with a grain of salt because it comes from someone who was burned, but IMHO and based on his story, he was the one who was guilty of his own burning. Next, the topic of that site was beware of bar girls and if the gentlemen (and I used that word loosely because I do not know them) involved had married or been living with bar girls, then I would say that they may have gotten some women who had already gone over to the dark side........ I really have little experience with bar girls other than meeting some in a few bars and talking to them, so I am not qualified to comment beyond saying that the ladies I met and talked with, seemed to be nice and those that I talked with that were fairly new to the bar girl scene, seemed to be less after the big bucks and more into hoping to meet someone nice to take them away from having to work that job, but the ones I spoke to who had been doing it for years, seemed hardened, and to only be interested in making big bucks and finding a rich foreigner to take them away from all of that....... A big difference IMHO. They both wanted to get away, but the new ladies were just hoping to find a nice husband to support them, and the old-timers wanted to find a gold mine.I have to say that I have been married for over 14 years and not to a bar girl, and I know my wife for almost 18 years now, and we have met a lot of Filipina's who were married to or living with foreigners, both in the Philippines and in the US, and I can honestly say that there were few who married for the money and most who married for love and of course the security of being married to someone who they knew could support them, IMHO.So I would have to say, no that is not true of most of the ladies of the Philippines and it is up to the man to choose wisely and not just marry for outer beauty, and instead find someone who can become your friend and then your wife or gf and who has inner beauty and if she has outer beauty as well, all the better. :th_interesting:

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
I just read this story, written by a Brit, is sure makes the Philippines look pretty bad, is any of this true of the Philippines and the ladies there?http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2690.htm
Here is the last line of the story the link points to. I think it's far more revealing than anything else he has to say.Methinks that Western men in Philippines are up to the same game as those in Thailand. Older men, trying to buy love. Not on. Take the Stick's advice & bang the sex workers short time (at least its honest), then get on with something usefulIf you value the opinion of a sex tourist, then maybe you'll value this guys's opinion and the story he's telling. Me, I think he's a degenerate scumbag who knows nothing about life in the Philippines outside of the brothels and bikini bars. Too bad his wife didn't slash his balls off instead of her own wrists. The world would be a better place today if she had. His story did not teach me anything other than that the advice my Father gave me years ago is true.If you lay with pigs, expect to get muddied. Edited by TheMason

Ginamos
Posted
Posted
Too bad his wife didn't slash his balls off instead of her own wrists.
Now that really made me laugh out loud :th_interesting:

daisy
Posted
Posted
His own experienced does not make the truth about the Philippines and the Filipino people! In general we always treat foreigners tenfold back on the way they treat us. Maybe he deserved what he got......no maybe it it! ^_^

Mik
Posted
Posted

No place is paradise. Don't associate with the wrong people. There are mostly good people here. Choose your friends carefully and don't act like an a$$hole and you should be alright.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You will see he lives in Thailand not the Philippines ...... most guys living in Thailand prefer it to the Phils because of the infrastructure ...... Thailand has a lot of things going for it except for the people ...... many chose to come live here after they get tired of putting up with the attitudes of the girls ...... however if you are only looking to pick someone up for the night than it doesn't really matter as they will be gone in the morning ...... the only thing that would attract me there is the fact you can visit so many other countries without having to pay an arm and leg for air travel ...... just hop a bus and enjoy the trip .....

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Well, one has to say I've heard such stories before and lets face it what he describes does happen. This and our fellow websites are full of newspaper stories of similar things.If you went around living in bars and talk to those that do also you could easily get the same impression. However, those that live here know what it's all about and keep a low profile and, hopefully, settle with the right woman. Some don't but that's life and happens everywhere.Stickman is well known in Thailand but is for bar hoppers/sex tourists so such a story is hardly unexpected.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Scams happen everywhere. Not just in Asia. I don't know how he treated his wife so it is hard to say if the treatment he got was deserved or not. Anyway he seems to be happy dating underaged girls in Vietnam so he should be fine. I myself have heard from a number of people exactly the oppisite opinion of the Vietnamese so to each his own.

• 1 month later...
Travis
Posted
Posted

I guess it is the brit that is an AH. I have met a lot of brits who think their sh&t don't stink. Maybe that guy was one of them.