Filipinas Like To Look At Your Wallet

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I noticed a long time ago that filipinas pay very close attention every time I pull out my wallet. Talking to other expats I had actually started to believe the cynical viewpoint that they are checking to see how much money I have. Let me tell you the real reason.If you have a filipina wife or girlfriend then you may or may not have a ring on your finger. But I bet she has given you her picture and encourages you to keep it in your wallet. It seems to be part of their bamboo telegraph that all a girl has to do is look at your wallet to see if you have a girlfriend. If you don't carry a wallet she will try to get you to keep her picture on your cell phone for the same reason.Meow, these girls are good.

Elsa
Posted
Posted
I noticed a long time ago that filipinas pay very close attention every time I pull out my wallet. Talking to other expats I had actually started to believe the cynical viewpoint that they are checking to see how much money I have. Let me tell you the real reason.If you have a filipina wife or girlfriend then you may or may not have a ring on your finger. But I bet she has given you her picture and encourages you to keep it in your wallet. It seems to be part of their bamboo telegraph that all a girl has to do is look at your wallet to see if you have a girlfriend. If you don't carry a wallet she will try to get you to keep her picture on your cell phone for the same reason.Meow, these girls are good.
You may be right!Elsawww.Denial of service

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip. No wallet,no ring. Good thing the wife knows nothing about cell phones :yes:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the tip. No wallet,no ring. Good thing the wife knows nothing about cell phones :yes:
Ditto, I only wear a belly bag around my waist and wear a 20 yr old silver watch from my working days! I have a cheap cellphone with no pictures of my wife in it! My wife has a 3GS iPhone that I'm still paying for! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the tip. No wallet,no ring. Good thing the wife knows nothing about cell phones :SugarwareZ-037:
Ditto, I only wear a belly bag around my waist and wear a 20 yr old silver watch from my working days! I have a cheap cellphone with no pictures of my wife in it! My wife has a 3GS iPhone that I'm still paying for! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Art, I can't believe you do not have any pictures of your wife on your cellphone! Ha you are the first man with a Filipina partner that I have heard this from. Just out of curiostiy does your wife have any pictures of you on her phone?I swear when I first started coming to the Philippines, when I would get home after a night out, I would find several new numbers and pictures on my phone and never knew how they got there. I also noticed that many Filipinas would want to look at the pictures on my phone and I never knew exactly why, so maybe there is something ringing true about this.I believe most of the memory on my phone is used up with pics of Ellie and Chiya! But I must admit, that is my fault, I am the one who put them there. You are the Man!!! :10001:Papa Carl

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I can remember my now ex Australian wife used to have an interest in my wallet,seems after she finished looking it was always lighter yes.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the tip. No wallet,no ring. Good thing the wife knows nothing about cell phones :SugarwareZ-037:
Art, I can't believe you do not have any pictures of your wife on your cellphone! Ha you are the first man with a Filipina partner that I have heard this from. Just out of curiostiy does your wife have any pictures of you on her phone?I swear when I first started coming to the Philippines, when I would get home after a night out, I would find several new numbers and pictures on my phone and never knew how they got there. I also noticed that many Filipinas would want to look at the pictures on my phone and I never knew exactly why, so maybe there is something ringing true about this.I believe most of the memory on my phone is used up with pics of Ellie and Chiya! But I must admit, that is my fault, I am the one who put them there. You are the Man!!! :10001:Papa Carl
th_thholysheep.gifWe've been married 22 years now and I know what she looks like all these years living with her and don't really need to take pictures of her and store them in my cellphone, which I don't have any, but just in our photo album, on-line or in our computer hard drive and on Facebook! That should suffice shouldn't it and also in her passport! She's a practical joker too, because she might have pictures of me in her cellphone scratching my ass or whatever when I wasn't aware of it! th_thholysheep.gif Again!

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifWe've been married 22 years now and I know what she looks like all these years living with her and don't really need to take pictures of her and store them in my cellphone, which I don't have any, but just in our photo album, on-line or in our computer hard drive and on Facebook! That should suffice shouldn't it and also in her passport! She's a practical joker too, because she might have pictures of me in her cellphone scratching my ass or whatever when I wasn't aware of it! th_thholysheep.gif Again!
22 years!!!! Congratulations, I can only hope that I get to spend that length of time with Ellie, at 55 I may be pushing my luck but one can only hope. What I want to know, is if she has any pictures of you scratching your ass does she also post them on Facebook? And did you in fact actually pose for her so that she could post the picture!!!!Ha, it sounds like you two have a great recipe for a relationship, mutual respect, a bowl of Love, add in a pinch of sarcasm, a teaspoon of competition (usually the man can't take more than that, before he looses his cool and pulls out of the game), a cup of "good humour", two cups of patience and understanding, at least three cups of fun, and oh ya great sex if you can!Papa Carl

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 years!!!! Congratulations, I can only hope that I get to spend that length of time with Ellie, at 55 I may be pushing my luck but one can only hope. What I want to know, is if she has any pictures of you scratching your ass does she also post them on Facebook? And did you in fact actually pose for her so that she could post the picture!!!!Ha, it sounds like you two have a great recipe for a relationship, mutual respect, a bowl of Love, add in a pinch of sarcasm, a teaspoon of competition (usually the man can't take more than that, before he looses his cool and pulls out of the game), a cup of "good humour", two cups of patience and understanding, at least three cups of fun, and oh ya great sex if you can!Papa Carl
Luckily I haven't taught her how to download photos from her cellphone onto Facebook! We're both content with our retirement lifestyle and we enjoy the no hassle, stress free lifestyle, because it's just the two of us living in our home without the chaotic extended family like alot of foreigners get themselves into, but sometimes it's of their own choosing, because of their kind heart and deep pockets or not! Edited by Art2ro

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe they stare at it so intently because they have heard of the money tree, so they must feel we have magic money wallets as well. :SugarwareZ-037: After all we do have those magic ATM cards that just keep refilling themselves automatically. as-if.gif I keep my wifes photo on my computer in my home office back in the states, and we have photos of her and I all over the house, so no I do not carry them in my wallet, ever since a cashier at the supermarket in the US looked at her photo in my wallet and asked me if that was my daughter. lol