Child-Free By Choice

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting study with some quotes worth noting. The second quote is what makes it so hard when living in the Philippines, because every Filipina we meet asks "how many children do you have" like it is a given that everyone must have children, seems this is brainwashed into them since childhood. Studies suggest that a child-free marriage might be more satisfying for some because the arrival of children often creates a crisis for the couple involved. Yet this long-term decision requires serious conversation before it is set in stone.

A recent study of 218 couples during the first eight years of marriage provided evidence that marital satisfaction decreases with the arrival of a child and can take a long time to return, if it comes back at all.
Also, she says, the decision to be child-free may be easier in certain communities. Small towns with a strong family orientation can unintentionally leave child-free couples feeling ostracized, while diverse urban areas are often more welcoming to the childless couple. Ultimately, says Hastings, the decision is personal to each couple and even to each person in the couple.
The complete story HERE

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
SugarwareZ-034.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
SugarwareZ-034.gif
Why the crying emoticon, I thought that would be good news and ammunition for you and others who do not want children?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Far from being by choice! We just weren't blessed with having any children, but we learned to accept that fact willing! Anyway, my wife has nieces and nephews she considers her own, by choice!

Edited by Art2ro

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, here is the other side of the coin.... I have 2 biologiocal kids, and 2 step kids......and a vasectomy As an indivdual, I really did not want kids and in fact I had a sperm count done in 1978 which said I had NO SPERM, not just some 'low count' issues. The woman who gave me the results thought I had a recent vasectomy and she was just verifying that it worked. When I said, no, I was just checking for my own needs as I so far, had gotten lucky and was not a father! She then offered me follow up choices to find out what the problem was.... which I declined. Why look for trouble! I was lucky until 1995 and again 1997, which I then had a vasectomy. I love my kids.... but I was quite happy with my cats. (really) I take care of my kids and meet my obligations but I can not say that I am a better person for it nor that my life has been more complete.... I never really wanted kids. Never gave it much thought. If people ask, I tell them I got kids, if I did not have kids, I would say so. No big deal. Not an intrusive question..... I am not that fragile that such a question would bother me.On second thought, maybe if I did not have kids, and was asked, I would reply that well, funny you should ask! I HAD 2, but they ate my Oreos one day so I beat them to death.... I just got out of prison last month.... Hey! cell phones, you see them things.... Wow, what will they think of next... Well I got a lot of catching up to do... you got a sister? That should pretty well put them off asking me any questions about kids.....

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
SugarwareZ-034.gif
Why the crying emoticon, I thought that would be good news and ammunition for you and others who do not want children?
because...
Small towns with a strong family orientation can unintentionally leave child-free couples feeling ostracized

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
I just went to google "where to find a woman who doesn't want children" and found these:http://www.dailymail...o-friendly.htmlhttp://www.guardian....ron-diaz-babies
I on the other hand, never thought I would have children, not that I didn't want any, simply that through 13 relationships we never practised any kind of birth control. I married a women with two very young children, and I think of them as my own, the call me Dad and their biological father Simon. So when Ellie became pregnant we celebrated. At 55 became a father! and yes she is mine in case there are any doubters out there. So you never know.Papa Carl

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I just went to google "where to find a woman who doesn't want children" and found these:http://www.dailymail...o-friendly.htmlhttp://www.guardian....ron-diaz-babies
There you go Max! Problem solved, but how many Filipinas will you be able find that has that same mentality factor?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
There you go Max! Problem solved, but how many Filipinas will you be able find that has that same mentality factor?
I think maybe the 0.01 ?%........if I am lucky. SugarwareZ-034.gifHowever, I need to share this....just got this message from one of my shortlisted....which needless to say has been trimmed so much that I think I just wasted 1 month talking to them....but this one is just priceless:
Y U DNT LIKE TO HAVE OUR 1CHILD IF EVER?I DNT HAV YET & I WANT EVEN 1? IF U WANT TO AHVE SEX TO ME, MY CONDITION IS U HAVE TO BUY ME HOUSE & LOT FIRST IN TAGAYTAY CITY?/ MANILA?WER U CAN AFFORD FOR MY SECURITY .BEC IM NOT CHEAP GIRL NOT HAVING INTERCOURSE TO ANYONE YET.THATS MY CONDITION IN RELATIONSHIP, BUT IF UMAKE ME PREGNANT U SHOULD OBLIGATION TO SUPPORT US IN LIFETIME..I SHOULD HAVE WEEKLY ALLOWANCE FOR ALL BILLS..BUT IF UR NOT AIM FOR SEX THEN BETTER.
Can you give me a good advice how to answer...I hate caps...so I should ask her 2 houses if she wants to have sex with me maybe? :)CONDITION! th_thholysheep.gif