Legal Questions

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

All I can see is many months/years of trying to set an example for a lawyer who broke the the rules of your country ever though its in his country.Get over it Bruce,do you really think its worth the effort to punish this lawyer?Do you really think at the end of the day there will be satisfactions from your endevour to punish someone.The way I see it is you have too much time on your hands if the above is really what you want to do,your time would be better spent doing as you do and help someone with a medical problem rather than teaching lessons in how a good lawyer should behave.541.gif

Bruce
Posted
Posted
All I can see is many months/years of trying to set an example for a lawyer who broke the the rules of your country ever though its in his country.Get over it Bruce,do you really think its worth the effort to punish this lawyer?Do you really think at the end of the day there will be satisfactions from your endevour to punish someone.The way I see it is you have too much time on your hands if the above is really what you want to do,your time would be better spent doing as you do and help someone with a medical problem rather than teaching lessons in how a good lawyer should behave.541.gif
Well, I can say that I have had 2 lawyers 'repramanded' for their actions in the US before. I am also the son of an attorney who to the best of my knowledge never stepped of the straight path. It bothers me to see crap like this. And you are right, I do have some time on my hands, and I do research in the time, presently trying to get some pointers from the forum about the Bar.Also, I have to look forward in that if this ONE lawyer smells easy money, then I can expect to see him again and again..... I don't want kill anyone, I just want it known that if you think I am an easy mark, look again. I hope toi make myself arather unplesant looking to him so that he, if offered a chance again in the future, will pass on the deal of suing my friend. Keep in mind I am taking the high road here and am attempting to work 'with in ' the system and not simply out trolling for a hit man! I am using the forum for it's true purpose of posing things and exchanging ideas. While this thread has not helped much, who is to say that the next one won't?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

does this family hold US visas? :th_hu:the US government can revoke VISAS of those that seem to be "undesirable"or has information that the Visa holder is doing prohibited activities which the Visa type doesnt allow. :devil:

Jake
Posted
Posted
All I can see is many months/years of trying to set an example for a lawyer who broke the the rules of your country ever though its in his country.Get over it Bruce,do you really think its worth the effort to punish this lawyer?Do you really think at the end of the day there will be satisfactions from your endevour to punish someone. The way I see it is you have too much time on your hands if the above is really what you want to do,your time would be better spent doing as you do and help someone with a medical problem rather than teaching lessons in how a good lawyer should behave. 541.gif
Well, I can say that I have had 2 lawyers 'repramanded' for their actions in the US before. I am also the son of an attorney who to the best of my knowledge never stepped of the straight path. It bothers me to see crap like this. And you are right, I do have some time on my hands, and I do research in the time, presently trying to get some pointers from the forum about the Bar.Also, I have to look forward in that if this ONE lawyer smells easy money, then I can expect to see him again and again..... I don't want kill anyone, I just want it known that if you think I am an easy mark, look again. I hope toi make myself arather unplesant looking to him so that he, if offered a chance again in the future, will pass on the deal of suing my friend. Keep in mind I am taking the high road here and am attempting to work 'with in ' the system and not simply out trolling for a hit man! I am using the forum for it's true purpose of posing things and exchanging ideas. While this thread has not helped much, who is to say that the next one won't?
Hey Bruce,This thread and the next one -- I think most of the your fellow members here strongly recommend to lay low because what Dave said: "this is the Philippines......are you Filipino enough to accomplish that?" (your pursuit to get even). WARNING -- swallow your ego and get over it, please!Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
All I can see is many months/years of trying to set an example for a lawyer who broke the the rules of your country ever though its in his country.Get over it Bruce,do you really think its worth the effort to punish this lawyer?Do you really think at the end of the day there will be satisfactions from your endevour to punish someone. The way I see it is you have too much time on your hands if the above is really what you want to do,your time would be better spent doing as you do and help someone with a medical problem rather than teaching lessons in how a good lawyer should behave. 541.gif
Hey Bruce,This thread and the next one -- I think most of the your fellow members here strongly recommend to lay low because what Dave said: "this is the Philippines......are you Filipino enough to accomplish that?" (your pursuit to get even). WARNING -- swallow your ego and get over it, please!Jake
Bruce you are entitled to your opinion and must chose as you see best.You have received valuable advice I respectfully suggest you follow it.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

TREAD LIGHTLY my friend, you are not in your HOOD. best of luck to you.

andre007
Posted
Posted
I trained as a lawyer after University and my "mentor" at the firm where I worked said to me "welcome those who want to pursue issues as a "matter of principal" because they are the ones that will make us rich". Later he told me he was not serious and coached me in the best advice any lawyer can give a client " treat every matter as a business decision - even if you are 100% right and are legally owed $20,000, is it worth spending $21,000 and a lot of time and aggravation to get it back!" - Negotiate is my advice, use your power of argument but outside a courtroom. And as lee says do it nicely without loss of face for the other party.
That is EXACTLY the problem! A large % of lawsuits today (in the US) are not really about any true issue, but are designed to get a settlement. Any one settlement may not be much, but for the attorney that sets up these suits to get the settlements, collectively, gets rich. Also, I am not real comfortable with walking on egg shells just to not embarass the 'other guy' (this saving face crap is actually Japanese and not a true culture match with the Pinoys). This concept of fear that seems to run with forum members that if you embarass a Pinoy, you will be killed is simply not true. If it were, THOUSAND of school boys would be dead before they graduated! THOUSANDS of employees that get yelled at by their boss would have killed their bosses. THOUSANDS of husbands would die wach year for the way they treat their wives.There have been a few, yes a few, well positioned people killed for different reasons. But, and I am talking to the true Pinoy members of this forum, you most likely know a few thousand people over the past 20 years. How many really have been killed? If you compare the numbers to the US, myself and other Kano members can also name a 'few' people that we know who were killed. It pretty much equals out. And to you Pinoy members... just how many have YOU killed for cutting you off in traffic or some other preceived insult? DOes any one realise that in a country with divorce almost impossible to get... there have got to be a million or more relationships between husband and wife and break up and then they each frind different mates... all with out killing each other? It is a fact that there WERE head hunters / cannibals on Borneo.... (spl?) the key word is WERE. Past tense. If you did a Pinoy history study of 1800 -1900 on numbers opf fueds resulting in a death and then from 1900-1950.... the turning point..... and then 1950 to present day, you would see far less fueds in the majority of the Philippines and lasting mostly into the areas controlled by the muslims. Further, it is automatically assumed that the 'good guy' will be killed! Every once in a while the 'hunted kills the hunter'! I am really just an observer with no hands on contact here. My woman friend was born and raised on Samar is quite familiar on what to excpect and how do get things done and has a couple of nephews who are police officers (in case you need a traffic ticket taken care of, wink wink) as well as the usual local thug cousins....So, lets see if we can get past warning me of my impending doom and see if there is any one out there who can offer some insight on the Bar Association or any Rules that have to be met prior to filing a 'case'...... Which was the purpose of my original post. While I am asking for information, most have jumped on the RUN! the sky is falling band wagon and if I were to believe you (as any other reader might!) if I were smart I would NEVER EVER travel to the Philippines again! Ps. If I get killed, please disregard this post.... I admit it, I was wrong.......
To answer your question. The Integrated Bar of the Philippines is the place where you can make your complaint.http://www.ibp.ph/downloads.htmlIf you desire inside information please feel free to PM me.Regards

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
I trained as a lawyer after University and my "mentor" at the firm where I worked said to me "welcome those who want to pursue issues as a "matter of principal" because they are the ones that will make us rich". Later he told me he was not serious and coached me in the best advice any lawyer can give a client " treat every matter as a business decision - even if you are 100% right and are legally owed $20,000, is it worth spending $21,000 and a lot of time and aggravation to get it back!" - Negotiate is my advice, use your power of argument but outside a courtroom. And as lee says do it nicely without loss of face for the other party.
That is EXACTLY the problem! A large % of lawsuits today (in the US) are not really about any true issue, but are designed to get a settlement. Any one settlement may not be much, but for the attorney that sets up these suits to get the settlements, collectively, gets rich. Also, I am not real comfortable with walking on egg shells just to not embarass the 'other guy' (this saving face crap is actually Japanese and not a true culture match with the Pinoys). This concept of fear that seems to run with forum members that if you embarass a Pinoy, you will be killed is simply not true. If it were, THOUSAND of school boys would be dead before they graduated! THOUSANDS of employees that get yelled at by their boss would have killed their bosses. THOUSANDS of husbands would die wach year for the way they treat their wives.There have been a few, yes a few, well positioned people killed for different reasons. But, and I am talking to the true Pinoy members of this forum, you most likely know a few thousand people over the past 20 years. How many really have been killed? If you compare the numbers to the US, myself and other Kano members can also name a 'few' people that we know who were killed. It pretty much equals out. And to you Pinoy members... just how many have YOU killed for cutting you off in traffic or some other preceived insult? DOes any one realise that in a country with divorce almost impossible to get... there have got to be a million or more relationships between husband and wife and break up and then they each frind different mates... all with out killing each other? It is a fact that there WERE head hunters / cannibals on Borneo.... (spl?) the key word is WERE. Past tense. If you did a Pinoy history study of 1800 -1900 on numbers opf fueds resulting in a death and then from 1900-1950.... the turning point..... and then 1950 to present day, you would see far less fueds in the majority of the Philippines and lasting mostly into the areas controlled by the muslims. Further, it is automatically assumed that the 'good guy' will be killed! Every once in a while the 'hunted kills the hunter'! I am really just an observer with no hands on contact here. My woman friend was born and raised on Samar is quite familiar on what to excpect and how do get things done and has a couple of nephews who are police officers (in case you need a traffic ticket taken care of, wink wink) as well as the usual local thug cousins....So, lets see if we can get past warning me of my impending doom and see if there is any one out there who can offer some insight on the Bar Association or any Rules that have to be met prior to filing a 'case'...... Which was the purpose of my original post. While I am asking for information, most have jumped on the RUN! the sky is falling band wagon and if I were to believe you (as any other reader might!) if I were smart I would NEVER EVER travel to the Philippines again! Ps. If I get killed, please disregard this post.... I admit it, I was wrong.......
I don't believe that I mentioned getting killed anywhere in my post. Edited by ancienrocka

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Well Bruce I,m all for you taking the wind out of their sails but I too have to agree with others here, I have read so many stories of people getting killed over a card game or because you yelled at them. There are some pretty whacky people here ( very unpredictable ) a lot of them have nothing to lose. The fact that this girl has all the cards stacked against her (evidence wise ) but still continues to go after you tells you shes not the sharpest tool in the shed. Good luck and let us know what happensAnd by the way I think there are a way more nice people here than bad people for the record

Jake
Posted
Posted
To answer your question. The Integrated Bar of the Philippines is the place where you can make your complaint.http://www.ibp.ph/downloads.htmlIf you desire inside information please feel free to PM me.Regards
Thank you Andre007 for the link to the Integrated Bar of the Philippines. Within the website, there are a few downloads regarding disbarment, discipline and guidelines for imposing sanction of lawyers. Are you sir a Filipino citizen and a practicing attorney in the Philippines? I realize that advising legal matters or solicitingin an open forum may be a conflict of interest but we all appreciate your comments that may benefit all ofus to become better expatriates of your wonderful country.Respectfully -- Jake