Wife Goes To Different Country Is This Common

Travis
Posted
Posted

I have to wonder how loyal & faithful Filipinas actually are when I hear of this happening quite a few times. I bunked into a guy here who said his wife went back to the Philippines & never came back & wanted him to move there so I thought that was crazy but maybe it was him but why would she want him to move there if he is bad. then I think back of a guy in Cebu whose wife went to work in the UAA somewhere & left him & their home in Cebu & told him she never wanted to go back to the Philippines because it was so nice where she was. then I was reading another forum & the guy said his wife got a visa & went to the US & refused to come back to the Philippines & just left him & their house there & I am thinking maybe this is a pattern & more common then I thought it could be with these ladies & I am starting to be shocked by it all. how common is it & how can a man allow his wife to go to another country without him? could it be that a lot of Filipinas are only out for themselves just like many American women? I am beginning to think women are women wherever they are & maybe I should just get me a dog as a companion

brock
Posted
Posted

Of course women are women no matter where they are,the same the world over........Just a matter of finding the right one.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Brock is spot on.Yes it has become fairly common for Filipinas to work as OFW's doing so has broken and damaged many family's. A Filipina leaving her Foreigner husband is not common to our many "mixed" friends here in the States but if there is no love, balance or money a marriage may fail.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I have to wonder how loyal & faithful Filipinas actually are when I hear of this happening quite a few times. I bunked into a guy here who said his wife went back to the Philippines & never came back & wanted him to move there so I thought that was crazy but maybe it was him but why would she want him to move there if he is bad. then I think back of a guy in Cebu whose wife went to work in the UAA somewhere & left him & their home in Cebu & told him she never wanted to go back to the Philippines because it was so nice where she was. then I was reading another forum & the guy said his wife got a visa & went to the US & refused to come back to the Philippines & just left him & their house there & I am thinking maybe this is a pattern & more common then I thought it could be with these ladies & I am starting to be shocked by it all. how common is it & how can a man allow his wife to go to another country without him? could it be that a lot of Filipinas are only out for themselves just like many American women? I am beginning to think women are women wherever they are & maybe I should just get me a dog as a companion
Well, I'm sorry to say this Travis -- perhaps you're only getting one side of the story. "The wife went back to PI"-- "the wife went to work in the UAA" (or is it UAE) and "wife got a visa and went to the US". What about hearing from them in order to balance out the negative comments coming from their husbands. Granted, there will always be bad apples in any barrel but I don't think "this is a pattern and becoming more common". I know it would be a very difficult decision for me to allow my wife to work in another country. But apparently a million plus household makes that decision each and every year: Table 12 is taken from http://www.poea.gov....0Statistics.pdf which shows more females OFW making the painful sacrifice rather than the males. The pattern each and every year is all too common that more and more Filipino families will need to endure the anguish of family separation. Additionally, there are reports that some of the female OFW's come home in a pine box. Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

To me, there’s 3 categories couples fall into, some of you can probably think of a few more, but here's mine;1) Filipinos or Foreigners happily married to a Filipina OFW to support and feed their family! 2) Foreigners or Filipinos married to Filipinas who are satisfied and content in their marriage. 3) Filipinas not happy in their marriage to a Foreigner or Filipino and fools around with every Tom, Dick or Harry who has money to burn on her or she lives in another country by herself for gainful employment for whatever the purpose! So, 1 size does not fit all, because it all depends on a couple's circumstances in their relationship! Us personally, we fall under category #2! AddEmoticons04230.gif

pazz
Posted
Posted

pazz
Posted
Posted

has they say in the U.K treat em mean keep em keen or well - - - - - and poorly shod

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Well, I'm no one's wife, but I had to leave my wife and kids in the Philippines six months ago to scrounge up an income abroad. We tried to make a go of it in the Philippines, and things didn't work out. It's a temporary thing though. We plan to live together again as soon as our finances are straight, and make our way to Canada together where we can both work. No body likes leaving their spouse or kids behind, but you do what you gotta do. Fortunately, I have to do a lot less than an OFW does. An OFW will be sending virtually nothing home to the family for the first year, as their agent taxes as much as possible from what is still a very meager income relative to the more expensive country they've moved to. The sacrifice is hardly worth it that year. Most OFW's are hoping that each year or two they can improve their situation, whether by running away and working off the grid for more money, or using their job experience and law-abiding record as a means to get on to a better country in the West. That can take five years or more, but they do it for their kids. Granted, after five years, there might not be much left of their marriage, but you can't choose where you're born, so what else is there?My wife's best friend slaved away as a nanny in Hong Kong the past five years or so, and has finally been accepted to Canada. After a couple years in Canada she can apply for immigrant status, and another five years citizenship. By that time her girls will be high school age, or getting close to finished, and they'll be able to immigrate have a better life than their parents had. My other friend in Leyte is a local businessman doing quite well. He started off working three years in a Taiwanese factory. He met his wife in Taiwan, they got married in the Philippines, and she made it to Canada as a nurse. Now they can't decide where to live. She wants Canada because she makes so much money as a nurse. He wants Philippines because his businesses are doing so well, and life in Canada sounds really cold, boring, and unrewarding (hourly pay in low-end immigrant jobs). It's tough, but what are you going to do? Can' t choose where you're born.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Bottom line, with the resources and capability one have, one has to do what one has to do in order to support a family no matter the consequences good or bad! The bad can be dealt with later, if there's still hope!

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Yes, brock and Old55 are right...I've witnessed in Australia alone where girl's have got into the country, done their 2 yrs 'service'..ie..portrayed their relationship is steady with unfortunate, blind partner for that time...then disappeared ...Then again, there are many long term marriages I've witnessed....it's a matter of finding the right one.And, I will add, this isn't a dig at Filipanas alone ( settle down Filams)...there are plenty of instances of , particularly Russian girls, who are very ruthless in obtaining entry to countries and completely clearing out the poor , trusting man who gave them opportunity.