Dogs As Livestock

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
While the thought of dogs or cats as livestock or food is repulsive to many of us, I have to wonder if the overpopulation of dogs and cats in some countries, and millions being destroyed yearly because of it, is the right way to go when those same animals could be shipped to nations where starvation and malnutrition seems to be the norm. Why not humanely put those millions of animals down and then can the meat and ship it over to those poor countries instead of cash, so those that wish to eat it, at least have that opportunity. If the animals are to die anyway, what is the sense of burying or burning the dead bodies, when they could be used as a food source? Estimated number of cats and dogs euthanized by shelters each year: 3-4 million (HSUS estimate) and that is just at the HSUS in the US, and does not take into account other agencies and other countries that put them down. What a terrible waste of a food source when people are starving all over the world. ohmy.gif
I'm sure cost would be a big factor,besides dogs or any animal that is consumed would need to be suitable to eat and I don't think a dog shelter will be grading dogs like they do cattle.I doubt if an old dog would be good food just like you would not want a steak from a very old cow.Also the small amount of meat on a dog or cat would mean it would take a lot to make a stew.But having said that,look at how much meat is wasted every time a human dies,why cant dead bodies be taken from the morgue where they are refrigerated and stripped of all editable parts, grounded down,oven cooked and add a few veggies before canning.Any other far fetched ideas???7_4_17[1].gif
Soylent Green anyone? Last time we were in Biliran a guy clubbed a dog right in the street then some guys hauled it away in a sack. For a proper burial I am sure. Then there was a big puddle of blood right in front of the house.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifWhat a disgusting and morbid topic! SugarwareZ-034.gif Instead, try a balut or two or three and down it with a bottle San Majoo or a ice cold bottle of Pepsi! It's tasty, crunchy and healthy for you once you get pass the beck, eyeballs and feathers! mocking.gif