• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How will the contraction of China

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

China has already stated publicly that it will invest internally rather than abroad. So they will create jobs in their own country rather than others.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

China is not the problem as Phils major trading partners are US and Europe and Asia in general. Read about the layoff by Texas etc.China has a population of 1.3 billion +, the worlds third largest economy, having just overtaken Germany, the largest creditor nation and vast resources, other than oil. It owns a large part of Africa and is buying up resource companies.The UD $ will be going down as China, Japan and Arab states, who own the US, will not want to take more Fed paper. They have all said they will be buying gold.Phils may well muddle through notwithstanding it has alienated most of it's trading partners in Asia because of corruption.We shall see but my money is on the East, not the bankrupt West

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Check out this website to see which countries own what in US TREASURY SECURITIES....... might surprise you ....... http://www.treas.gov/tic/mfh.txt .................. the UK is 3rd with some 360 billion

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Check out this website to see which countries own what in US TREASURY SECURITIES....... might surprise you ....... http://www.treas.gov/tic/mfh.txt .................. the UK is 3rd with some 360 billion
Not only #3, but they've doubled their holdings in the past year. I wonder who's money is invested in the Carib. Banking Centers entry? Those places don't have a lot of money themselves, so who are they investing on behalf of?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Not only #3, but they've doubled their holdings in the past year. I wonder who's money is invested in the Carib. Banking Centers entry? Those places don't have a lot of money themselves, so who are they investing on behalf of?
Rich people and Mobsters. Maybe a drug lord or two.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

It's even worse than that Mike. If you go back further you'll see the UK only had about $60b in 2006. Of course it's all debt. We borrowed the money to take the treasury paper at much higher rates than the paper is now paying but I guess the value has gone up. Wow, the politicians are so cleaver.UK currently has a net

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Ouch! Reading the Telegraph...are things actualy that bad in GB now John?Visit My Website

It's even worse than that Mike. If you go back further you'll see the UK only had about $60b in 2006. Of course it's all debt. We borrowed the money to take the treasury paper at much higher rates than the paper is now paying but I guess the value has gone up. Wow, the politicians are so cleaver.UK currently has a net

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
Ouch! Reading the Telegraph...are things actualy that bad in GB now John?Visit My Website

• 1 year later...
bkm
Posted
Posted
The Dollar for this year will be going up in value, the Peso likely down. We live in interesting times.
How I wish this was true. For this year so far the dollar has been trending down, down, down. Now we are in 45p to $1 range. Ugh