Small Changes To Make Philippines More Attractive To Tourists.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
do away with short contracts for employees so they learn their jobs so less out of stock sir when item is sitting right there on the shelffood servers & cooks learn to prepare all meals at the same time instead of coming out 1 at a timeget rid of the rats & army of roaches do to garbage all over the placehave rules that owners of properties have to keep them up which would mean presure cleaning & painting when they look like hellenforce stop signs & traffic lightsteach people manners so they do not block up mall isles chatting & textingfix infastructure so they do not have wires hanging all over the streets & so phones & dsls actually work all the time & provide speeds they claim they domake English a mandatory language for all to learnget rid of all the trash taxisget all the girlybars off main roads & put them all in 1 locationbig 1 get rid of beggarsclean up corruptionI am sure there is much more but that is all I can think of right now
Dang, I was planning to go back to my native land within the next two years. But from the list above, looks like thatpart of the world is totally undesirable for retirement. Should I hold my breath until at least one item is resolved orshould I just learn how to adapt, improvise and overcome like a good US Marine??Jake
:541:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am currently a resident of Honolulu, Hawaii with the intent of relocating to the Philippines if there is ever a need for assisted living or a nursing home. Visitors to our island comment on the beauty of our city, but they can't immediately figure out why. It's simple. No billboards. More than a hundred years ago, there were gigantic billboards plastered on the side of Diamond Head, a famous landmark. A group of women started the Outdoor Circle club to lobby against billboards and other outdoor signs. The end results are very restrictive laws. The Outdoor Circle ladies will even measure the length and width of your store frontage sign to make sure it conforms to code.Can you imagine Philippine towns and cities without billboards?

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
I am currently a resident of Honolulu, Hawaii with the intent of relocating to the Philippines if there is ever a need for assisted living or a nursing home. Visitors to our island comment on the beauty of our city, but they can't immediately figure out why. It's simple. No billboards. More than a hundred years ago, there were gigantic billboards plastered on the side of Diamond Head, a famous landmark. A group of women started the Outdoor Circle club to lobby against billboards and other outdoor signs. The end results are very restrictive laws. The Outdoor Circle ladies will even measure the length and width of your store frontage sign to make sure it conforms to code.Can you imagine Philippine towns and cities without billboards?
That would be like Maui without the beaches or the resorts.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Yeah, one of the big problems the Philippines had was the raping of her beauty...the jungles for cash program that basically made many of the islands here not so beautiful anymore. Add that to the fact most of the squat is around the water, and you can begin to see a problem.Still, IMHO...there are still enough natural splendor left to promote.