Cebu Seen To Lose More Coastal Areas In 20 Years

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

For those of you who seek to live a beach life, beware. I wonder how this will affect Cebu City or if it is even true?Cebu seen to lose more coastal areas in 20 years Updated January 21, 2009 12:00 AM Cebu - Scientific findings showed that in a matter of five years, there will be a one-meter rise in sea water level in the whole archipelago.In 10 years, sea level is projected to rise by four meters while recent study shows that in 20 years, almost half of the city of Mandaue and Mactan Island will be wiped out of the map as the sea level once more rises by seven meters --- the alarming effects of global warming and climate change. :any-help: Read the whole story, click the link below. http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=107

Mik
Posted
Posted

It's a bogus article. Even the largest "global warming" claim is about 1 cm rise in 5 years. Arctic ice is at 1979 levels and climate has been in a cooling trend for the past decade. Global warming is a scam for government control.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It's a bogus article. Even the largest "global warming" claim is about 1 cm rise in 5 years. Arctic ice is at 1979 levels and climate has been in a cooling trend for the past decade. Global warming is a scam for government control.
Mike, I agree that global warming may be bs, and then it might just be the normal cycle of life, but it sure cannot hurt to be prepared and aware. I do believe that the waters are rising, how much it will rise is debatable, but I sure would not want to live too close to the ocean with shoreline being washed away and the rising sea, be it small or large, only time will tell. I prefer the city or just inland.

Warlord
Posted
Posted

Never catch me investing in beach frontage anywhere in the world considering it is going to one day be in the ocean.I will just rent for now!lolWarlord

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
For those of you who seek to live a beach life, beware. I wonder how this will affect Cebu City or if it is even true?Cebu seen to lose more coastal areas in 20 years Updated January 21, 2009 12:00 AM Cebu - Scientific findings showed that in a matter of five years, there will be a one-meter rise in sea water level in the whole archipelago.In 10 years, sea level is projected to rise by four meters while recent study shows that in 20 years, almost half of the city of Mandaue and Mactan Island will be wiped out of the map as the sea level once more rises by seven meters --- the alarming effects of global warming and climate change. :any-help: Read the whole story, click the link below. http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=107
Sounds a little far fetched to me.I have read about sea level rising before and what they are saying in the above article seems like a hell of a rise compared to other reports.Perhaps it is designed to get the people who own land on the waterfront to sell cheaply. :551:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps it is designed to get the people who own land on the waterfront to sell cheaply.Damn it Tom ....... your no fun I didn't think anyone would find out about my news editorial ... guess now I gotta give back all the land I bought up with my Legacy get rich in 5 years refund checks ....... god .... that's gonna hurt ........... And I was sure looking forward to getting one of those hot babes with their orgasm level tied to my bottom line ....... (hummmm ... that doesn't sound right) ....... what say you Tom S ..... I just know you have something to add to that ........ hahahahahaha

Edited by Mike S

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yea, I agree with you but sadly some Filipinos reading this may belive it true.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So Mike... what your saying is that this is caused by all those HOT Filipinas? SugarwareZ-007.gif

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
I'm amazed when such words come out in complete contradiction to the facts. Amazing how black can be white.From Wiki:-In September 2002, sea ice in the Arctic reached a record minimum[5], 4% lower than any previous September since 1978, and 14% lower than the 1978

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

On a serious note you are correct John about the ice. In fact the fabled Northwest Passage has become reality. However the ocean rising three feet soon is unlikely. But if it were to become true its Mikes fault.