Norwegian (18) Shot And Killed In The Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Very sad, yet another foreigner killed, and this one so young to boot. :89: A Norwegian 18-year-old was Sunday morning shot and killed in Quezon City, Philippinesthe 18-year-old was on holiday in the area when he was shot.We were told about it last night, Norwegian time, confirms Frode Andersen,Duty press at the Foreign Ministry, told VG Nett.He will not say anything about the motive for the killing, but several friends said that the deceased must have been trying to avert a fight.Andersen says the killing is being investigated by the Philippine police.The young man’s bereaved family should be notified.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Very sad, yet another foreigner killed, and this one so young to boot. :( A Norwegian 18-year-old was Sunday morning shot and killed in Quezon City, Philippinesthe 18-year-old was on holiday in the area when he was shot.We were told about it last night, Norwegian time, confirms Frode Andersen,Duty press at the Foreign Ministry, told VG Nett.He will not say anything about the motive for the killing, but several friends said that the deceased must have been trying to avert a fight.Andersen says the killing is being investigated by the Philippine police.The young man’s bereaved family should be notified.
Certainly not much info given out here.I agree with the last line,anyone else agree? :mocking:

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Well so much for bringing my boys over here for a visit

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

What do the friends mean by saying he "must've been trying to avert a fight"? Sounds like they know nothing, but throw the likelihood out there anyways. Was he with someone who liked fighting?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Its really got to do with educating the boys before they get here,millions live and survive quite fine in the Philippines,often I read here in Australia how someone died from a punch at a bar fight or stabbed at a party so is there any difference to what country that "shit happens"?

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Its really got to do with educating the boys before they get here,millions live and survive quite fine in the Philippines,often I read here in Australia how someone died from a punch at a bar fight or stabbed at a party so is there any difference to what country that "sh&t happens"?
Yes but in the Philippines its all about losing face. And we are one and they are many. You have to be extra careful here and I don,t think my boys are good at that. 18 to 20 is the party stage in a persons life and thats where they are at right now. So I think I will wait.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Looks like they have tagged a cop as the gunman. Kind of shows you a different attitude towards the law when the officer sends "Surrender feelers" to his superior. Unfortunately I tend to think of bars as high risk nowadays anyway. Not just bars in Philippines but everywhere. A few years ago a cousin got into a fight outside a bar. Do not know the full story but he was knocked down and hit the back of his head on the sidewalk. Within 12 hours he was dead from a brain hemorrhage. This happened in a rural town in Minnesota. http://globalnation....%E2%80%99s-slay MANILA, Philippines—The top official of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) on Tuesday urged a fellow policeman to give himself up after he was tagged in the fatal shooting of a Filipino-Norwegian teenager during a bar brawl on Sunday.QCPD director Chief Superintendent George Regis said that Police Officer 2 Harold Meneses of the Manila Police District had sent surrender feelers to his superior.Meneses, who is assigned at the Tondo police station, was identified as the man who shot dead 18-year-old Mikael Troy Rasay during a brawl in front of a row of bars on Timog Avenue in Quezon City before dawn on Sunday.According to Regis, the policeman has not reported for work nor has he gone to his house in Tondo since the shooting.“He should turn himself in for the quick resolution of the case,” the official said.Rasay was in Manila for a visit but was set to return to Norway shortly when Meneses allegedly shot him at around 5 a.m. after the victim figured in a fight in front of Excess Bar on Timog Avenue.Chief Inspector Rodelio Marcelo, head of the QCPD Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit, said witnesses told probers that the victim was seen trading punches with the policeman’s male companion just before he was shot.“I will give him [only] a week to surrender,” Marcelo said, adding that the policeman faces murder charges over the victim’s death.Case investigator PO2 Hermogenes Capili said that they were able to identify the victim’s shooter because the policeman had written down his name when he deposited his firearm with the bar’s security guard.“Meneses was the only person who checked in a gun at the bar. He was with several civilian companions,” Capili added.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Five years ago I brought my then 16 year old son to Philippines. He has been there several times before. I highly recommend if you do bring teenage boys to Philippines you have 24 hour security because the girls will be mobbing them!

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Five years ago I brought my then 16 year old son to Philippines. He has been there several times before. I highly recommend if you do bring teenage boys to Philippines you have 24 hour security because the girls will be mobbing them!
Ha Ha Hope my kids don,t read this

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm going out on the limb here, but I suspect the Norwegian-Filipino and the friend of the cop was trading punches over a woman. I have seen it all too often where an off duty cop (and sometimes an ON duty cop) will try to hook up with a Filipina and here comes a "visitor" waltzing in, like his chit don't stink. Mix in the booze at 4 o'clock in the morning with a weapon results in tragic consequences. Remember, bar fights and killings have occurred over the way someone sings "My Way". That song is now stricken from the karaoke list. Respectfully -- Jake