Norwegian (18) Shot And Killed In The Philippines

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Just came across more information. From information provided, looks like the guy was walking away and shot in the back 3 times. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Being a blackbelter and football player, I bet he could have put some real hurt into those people but chose to do the right thing and walk away. http://www.abs-cbnne...g-fil-norwegian MANILA, Philippines – A police officer of the Manila Police District was accused of killing a half-Norwegian, half-Filipino teenager in Timog Avenue, Quezon City.Witness “Mary” (not her real name) said the victim, Mikael Troy Rasay, 18, just came from his send off party at a bar in Timog Avenue early Sunday when he was allegedly shot by the cop.Mary said there was an altercation at a nearby bar, which Rasay tried to stop. However, the group involved in the fight, as well as the cop, took their attention on Rasay.“Tinituro niya si Mikael, ‘Huwag niyong papaalisin ‘yan a, pulis ako.’ Singkit at medium-sized [‘yung pulis],” said Mary.Mary said Rasay tried to walk away but was shot in the back 3 times.He was declared dead on arrival at a nearby hospital.Initial investigations showed that a certain SPO1 Harold Meneses surrendered his firearm at a nearby hotel in Timog Avenue after the shooting.“Pulis daw talaga ang suspect. Ang pangalan niya ay nandoon talaga sa dineposit na baril,” said the victim’s father Joseph Troy Rasay.Meneses and the group did not appear during the investigation.Investigations also showed that Meneses is an officer of the Manila Police District Station 1.Meneses hasn’t been reporting for duty since Monday.Rasay, a blackbelter and football player, was visiting the Philippines to see his relatives. --

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I just read a story from my Google newsfeed (Philippines) that said the boy ran across the street to stop a fight between a man and a woman. The man fought him, the boy knocked him down with punches. Another friend tried to fight him and the kid knocked him down, too. (THIS KID IS 6'3 AND AN ATHLETIC BUILD). Gun shots rang out and people saw him running (not walking) away as a man was in pursuit firing AND reloading his gun. Three bullets hit him in the back, two exiting. Twelve shell casings were found at the scene. One bystander was hit, a security guard working near by. The security guard identified the cop from a photo, as well as the boy's lady friend (not the one in the fight) is planned to identify the gunman by photo also. This kid was a second-generation Filipino-Norwegian, studying in Oslo, and wanted to show his friends how beautiful the Philippines is. I guess he should've been more careful. It's one thing to "do the right thing" and break up a fight, but another to choose more wisely the places you hang out at in the first place. A cop from Tondo, who actually lives in Tondo? I've never seen, but I hear "cops don't even go there." He must've been pretty corrupt (just my assumption).