It Doesn't Remind Me....

Inspector
Posted
Posted
2011-08-03-madaboutsomething.jpg

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Lol... especially bad in sports forums, isn't it?

Inspector
Posted
Posted
:tiphat: My sports forums would cause this entire board to have a heart attack....it's a large, yet close group of posters, New Yorkers, that have been posting for years (over 10 at least...actually almost 20 when I think about it) and well, making fun of each other is not only allowed, it's encouraged. We have an annual hockey game meet up, where most all play. We have everybody from sanitation workers, top hackers to attorneys .... all with thick skin. But, we DO know our sports, and quite a few VERY intelligent posters. Going from there to here, hahaha....well think of a night out with the guys at a topless place in Vegas getting drunk, well, even worst then that...and the next day you are having Thanksgiving dinner with the family Nope...on that sport site the high road is engaging in flame wars. :lol: :541: But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it. :1927_:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:lol: My sports forums would cause this entire board to have a heart attack....it's a large, yet close group of posters, New Yorkers, that have been posting for years (over 10 at least...actually almost 20 when I think about it) and well, making fun of each other is not only allowed, it's encouraged. We have an annual hockey game meet up, where most all play. We have everybody from sanitation workers, top hackers to attorneys .... all with thick skin. But, we DO know our sports, and quite a few VERY intelligent posters. Going from there to here, hahaha....well think of a night out with the guys at a topless place in Vegas getting drunk, well, even worst then that...and the next day you are having Thanksgiving dinner with the family Nope...on that sport site the high road is engaging in flame wars. :lol: :nudie: But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it. :dance:
The difference is how much information do you need to retain for future reference on a sports forum,how life changing could it be to remember or forget how far someone kicked a ball?So flame wars and bullshit dont belong here, not sure if an ex New Yorker come Davao expat would get it though. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
:lol: My sports forums would cause this entire board to have a heart attack....it's a large, yet close group of posters, New Yorkers, that have been posting for years (over 10 at least...actually almost 20 when I think about it) and well, making fun of each other is not only allowed, it's encouraged. We have an annual hockey game meet up, where most all play. We have everybody from sanitation workers, top hackers to attorneys .... all with thick skin. But, we DO know our sports, and quite a few VERY intelligent posters. Going from there to here, hahaha....well think of a night out with the guys at a topless place in Vegas getting drunk, well, even worst then that...and the next day you are having Thanksgiving dinner with the family Nope...on that sport site the high road is engaging in flame wars. :lol: :lol: But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it. :dance:
The difference is how much information do you need to retain for future reference on a sports forum,how life changing could it be to remember or forget how far someone kicked a ball?So flame wars and bullsh&t dont belong here, not sure if an ex New Yorker come Davao expat would get it though. :nudie: :thumbsup:
Who said that flame wars belong here? :lol: And what's with the personal attacks...and eye roll? :lol: I was asked about a funny taking the high road cartoon, and was asked about how we deal with sport fans on my sport forum that must argue a lot, and I simply stated, in friendly fashion, that going from that forum to this is a complete opposite in how they are run....but the flame wars are all in good fun to us, while life shaking topics such as a different opinion about the age of a relationship, or if a bar girl can become a good wife, over and over, and over...can create some of the best hate your opinion flame wars, unfriendly mind you, that I have ever witnessed in my life. In the near 20 years time at my forums, I don't recall any topics as insanely debated as those that are on these Cebu type forums...I guess because our forums are not set up to make anybody money, but a place to simply have fun. I believe you are getting the wrong idea of flaming...it's not two old assholes meeting each other at a pizza place to throw down, hahaha, or the fact somebody went off topic and caused a guy to wake up in a brutal mood because of it, or if a blogger said bad things about another expat on his blog...that is what I believe you are meaning when you suggest.... flaming. Sports forums, ours, are fun...and the flaming we do...fun. Nobody wants to kick each others ass over some others disagreeing in if internet dating is a good thing, or if the Cebu police fecked up yet again, as it seems some of these "cebu" forums cause in all out ...how do I call them?...grump wars. I apologize if I am trying to give some Davao information versus Cebu, or of my opinion might disagree with yours or Lee, but I disagree with respect and hopefully an injection of humor, and will let things go when a poster just goes on too hard about a subject that might be far more important then if the Jets will make the superbowl. This site? Information and Lee articles of death, despair and depression. :lol: I'm trying to give a little here Boss...yep, a New Yorker living in Davao. Sport forums? Flaming fun about why your team sucks, and why a slant pattern at that time of the game was a better call then the single coverage out pattern, or why it was the wrong call. BTW, I belong to a few other forums as well...NY Giants football, a political board and Justin Bieber fan site. Guess which one gets nasty? Yep...Justin Bieber. :rolleyes:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:lol: My sports forums would cause this entire board to have a heart attack....it's a large, yet close group of posters, New Yorkers, that have been posting for years (over 10 at least...actually almost 20 when I think about it) and well, making fun of each other is not only allowed, it's encouraged. We have an annual hockey game meet up, where most all play. We have everybody from sanitation workers, top hackers to attorneys .... all with thick skin. But, we DO know our sports, and quite a few VERY intelligent posters. Going from there to here, hahaha....well think of a night out with the guys at a topless place in Vegas getting drunk, well, even worst then that...and the next day you are having Thanksgiving dinner with the family Nope...on that sport site the high road is engaging in flame wars. :lol: :lol: But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it. :dance:
The difference is how much information do you need to retain for future reference on a sports forum,how life changing could it be to remember or forget how far someone kicked a ball?So flame wars and bullshit dont belong here, not sure if an ex New Yorker come Davao expat would get it though. :lol: :thumbsup:
Who said that flame wars belong here? :lol: And what's with the personal attacks...and eye roll? :lol: I was asked about a funny taking the high road cartoon, and was asked about how we deal with sport fans on my sport forum that must argue a lot, and I simply stated, in friendly fashion, that going from that forum to this is a complete opposite in how they are run....but the flame wars are all in good fun to us, while life shaking topics such as a different opinion about the age of a relationship, or if a bar girl can become a good wife, over and over, and over...can create some of the best hate your opinion flame wars, unfriendly mind you, that I have ever witnessed in my life. In the near 20 years time at my forums, I don't recall any topics as insanely debated as those that are on these Cebu type forums...I guess because our forums are not set up to make anybody money, but a place to simply have fun. I believe you are getting the wrong idea of flaming...it's not two old assholes meeting each other at a pizza place to throw down, hahaha, or the fact somebody went off topic and caused a guy to wake up in a brutal mood because of it, or if a blogger said bad things about another expat on his blog...that is what I believe you are meaning when you suggest.... flaming. Sports forums, ours, are fun...and the flaming we do...fun. Nobody wants to kick each others ass over some others disagreeing in if internet dating is a good thing, or if the Cebu police fecked up yet again, as it seems some of these "cebu" forums cause in all out ...how do I call them?...grump wars. I apologize if I am trying to give some Davao information versus Cebu, or of my opinion might disagree with yours or Lee, but I disagree with respect and hopefully an injection of humor, and will let things go when a poster just goes on too hard about a subject that might be far more important then if the Jets will make the superbowl. This site? Information and Lee articles of death, despair and depression. :lol: I'm trying to give a little here Boss...yep, a New Yorker living in Davao. Sport forums? Flaming fun about why your team sucks, and why a slant pattern at that time of the game was a better call then the single coverage out pattern, or why it was the wrong call. BTW, I belong to a few other forums as well...NY Giants football, a political board and Justin Bieber fan site. Guess which one gets nasty? Yep...Justin Bieber. :rolleyes:
It was not a personal attack
But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it
Just a reply to your wit. And its not a Cebu forum either,the last time I looked it had Philippines in the header.Can you tell me what can be learned and useful on a sports forum that last for more than a game or two. Might be useful to know that you may not be as safe as you think in another country and find out that if you do get murdered then you are not alone. :nudie:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
The difference is how much information do you need to retain for future reference on a sports forum,how life changing could it be to remember or forget how far someone kicked a ball?So flame wars and bullsh&t dont belong here, not sure if an ex New Yorker come Davao expat would get it though. :lol: :rolleyes:
Who said that flame wars belong here? :lol: And what's with the personal attacks...and eye roll? :lol: I was asked about a funny taking the high road cartoon, and was asked about how we deal with sport fans on my sport forum that must argue a lot, and I simply stated, in friendly fashion, that going from that forum to this is a complete opposite in how they are run....but the flame wars are all in good fun to us, while life shaking topics such as a different opinion about the age of a relationship, or if a bar girl can become a good wife, over and over, and over...can create some of the best hate your opinion flame wars, unfriendly mind you, that I have ever witnessed in my life. In the near 20 years time at my forums, I don't recall any topics as insanely debated as those that are on these Cebu type forums...I guess because our forums are not set up to make anybody money, but a place to simply have fun. I believe you are getting the wrong idea of flaming...it's not two old assholes meeting each other at a pizza place to throw down, hahaha, or the fact somebody went off topic and caused a guy to wake up in a brutal mood because of it, or if a blogger said bad things about another expat on his blog...that is what I believe you are meaning when you suggest.... flaming. Sports forums, ours, are fun...and the flaming we do...fun. Nobody wants to kick each others ass over some others disagreeing in if internet dating is a good thing, or if the Cebu police fecked up yet again, as it seems some of these "cebu" forums cause in all out ...how do I call them?...grump wars. I apologize if I am trying to give some Davao information versus Cebu, or of my opinion might disagree with yours or Lee, but I disagree with respect and hopefully an injection of humor, and will let things go when a poster just goes on too hard about a subject that might be far more important then if the Jets will make the superbowl. This site? Information and Lee articles of death, despair and depression. :lol: I'm trying to give a little here Boss...yep, a New Yorker living in Davao. Sport forums? Flaming fun about why your team sucks, and why a slant pattern at that time of the game was a better call then the single coverage out pattern, or why it was the wrong call. BTW, I belong to a few other forums as well...NY Giants football, a political board and Justin Bieber fan site. Guess which one gets nasty? Yep...Justin Bieber. :nudie:
It was not a personal attack
But they are funny...well, to a New Yorker. Not sure if an Aussie or older person would get it
Just a reply to your wit. And its not a Cebu forum either,the last time I looked it had Philippines in the header.Can you tell me what can be learned and useful on a sports forum that last for more than a game or two. Might be useful to know that you may not be as safe as you think in another country and find out that if you do get murdered then you are not alone. :lol:
What's personal about an Aussies humor being different then a New Yorker, and us both not getting each others? It's well known Aussies humor is on par with the Germans. :lol: Well, let's see...don't wear a NY Giant jersey to the Eagle game in Filthy Philly...that could safe your life. If you wear an Islander jersey to Madison Square Garden, you will have beer spilled on you, and probably be throwing fists. There was that beating of a fan of the San Fran Giants that was recently beaten to a coma in LA...and the riots in vancouver after they lost the cup finals. Twice, the other time in 94 against my Rangers. We are there, in the sport forum, to help save your life too. Oh, and this is from your google search of philippines expat forums.....I see Cebu Philippines Guide, do you? Philippines Expat Forum-Cebu Philippines guide Wrong there Boss....as it is more Cebu then any other Cebu forums out there, due strictly to the math aspects of having far less posters, although a better quality. But seriously, what does an apple have to do with an orange? One is sports from New York, with off topics of politics and anything goes...yours a Cebu guide, with a Philippines in the title. One you talk sports and bust balls...the other you learn about washing machines, banks and romance in the Philippines, mostly Cebu. I offer places to eat on Davao, and advice for others such as... not to marry a bargirl, who is a prostitute. Others offer advice that might disagree with that advice and suggest they can make wonderful wives and parents, until maybe the kids are old enough and find out mom was sucking for a dad...and after that, that's when you agree to disagree and move on. BTW, been watching your aussie football...loving it. You might not have much out there in the sense of humor abilities, although a bit above Germans....but you have created a nice sport. :thumbsup: Can I get you to go into the sports forums and explain the rules of the game, how the league and standing are set up...and a brief history of the great players? Thanks Tom, as I can see myself becoming a fan! :lol:

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

lol.... Your sports forum sounds pretty solid. I used to write on Bleacher Report but gave up after the Pinoys hijacked the boxing section with horribly written articles on what Manny means to them, which then turned into flame wars in the comments section between Flomo fans and Pac-nut-huggers, or whatever they called each other back then. It went from great boxing articles to amateur hour at Gago's. Anyways, rugby is a pretty cool sport and has really caught on in Canada over the last 15 years. Where I'm from - Saskatchewan - is pretty football mad, but all the star players in high school and college turn to rugby in the offseason, and occassionally full-time when they fail to make the CFL. My South African coworker last year tried to school me on the rules. Anyways, I got respect for it. Soccer still sucks, however.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Oh, and this is from your google search of philippines expat forums.....I see Cebu Philippines Guide, do you? Philippines Expat Forum-Cebu Philippines guide Wrong there Boss....as it is more Cebu then any other Cebu forums out there, due strictly to the math aspects of having far less posters, although a better quality.
But then there's this Davao Expat Forum-The Philippines www.davaoexpatforum.com/ - CachedDavao-The Philippines next expat home. Many expats are now choosing Davao over Cebu. :dance:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And I know that Tom can go on and on with other sites he has that most members do not know about. This forum is about the whole Philippines and while it seems many of us including myself are more into Cebu, it would be our hope that we would get more knowledgeable people on from all areas of the Philippines, so this forum can be even more about the whole Philippines, with Cebu just being one of many locations talked about. Maybe some of our members can roll call with the areas they are in.