Question About Bars

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi I would like to ask for information on bars in Cebu. I have been 3 times but have not really been to any bars,my friend is interested to come over in December and would like to go to some but not girlie bars. He would like to possibly meet some girls(he is not a sexpat) but would like a long time girlfriend/wife. I am already in a relationship so this is why I do not know any of these places. Many thanks for any info you can give me it is much appreciated. BTW I will be in Cebu from Sept 19 until the end of March would be nice to meet with anybody who is there.Kevin

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi I would like to ask for information on bars in Cebu. I have been 3 times but have not really been to any bars,my friend is interested to come over in December and would like to go to some but not girlie bars. He would like to possibly meet some girls(he is not a sexpat) but would like a long time girlfriend/wife. I am already in a relationship so this is why I do not know any of these places. Many thanks for any info you can give me it is much appreciated. BTW I will be in Cebu from Sept 19 until the end of March would be nice to meet with anybody who is there.Kevin
Since I am also married and do not drink much, I do not have much info on the local bars but there is one nice outdoor bar at the Sandtrap where a lot of foreigners hang out and they have a nice swimming pool too, and then there is Joker Arms sports bar that a lot of people have nice things to say about, but I have never been there. As for finding women, the malls are full of them, and so are some of the discos if he enjoys that louder faster lifestyle.Sunflower DiscoClub VuduJulianaPumpand then there is always The Wine Shop for food, music and a nice well stocked bar. Hope some of that helps.
  • Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks Geoffif he makes it here then at least I have some info for him, maybe we will bump into each other when I am thereKevin

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Maybe it's just me, but if i had a friend heading to Cebu looking for a longtime relationship, the last place i would be sugesting to him would be bars or clubs!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Buslot Bulsa well I have to start him somewhere as I have only dated one lady which I met on the internet I don`t know how else to do it apart from the malls have you any advice cheers

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Kuya thanks for your advice I don`t actually think I want go to where he maybe be going I am I think sorted still she will tell me maybe hehe hehe

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Buslot Bulsa well I have to start him somewhere as I have only dated one lady which I met on the internet I don`t know how else to do it apart from the malls have you any advice cheers
Buslot is correct. If he's an expat looking for a wife or relationship with one lady, try a mall...the actual honest working girls. Better yet, head to a church service.... or rent a bike and hit a fiesta in a province. Realize of course nobody will speak English quite the way the brochures portray the Philippines when you are up in the sticks...but you can find a very good woman up there. Bars and filipina meetings sounds like he won't have much luck, unless he is heading out to a bikini establishment such as the Viking, a place some posters in here can give you some info on (I've never been to any girl bars in Cebu). Even back in the west, meeting a girl at a normal bar would be the last place I would look for anything more then a one night stand, or a woman to have fun with on occasion. Take into account western woman and "good" filipina ladies are quite opposite, and I would imagine meeting any pinay at any bar would not be a wise long term investment. If he IS a sexpat...then Cebu is the place my friend...or Angeles City, and you will find many bars and professionals, as well as the seedy lowlifes they attract. The professionals will also be at any of the disco areas...again, not the best way to find a forever woman, IMHO. If I was looking, I would hit a mall and head to the clothing sections of the department store...seems a LOT of beautiful woman are more then willing to "help"...and you can easily have 20 phone numbers to text right away. Of course, you won't be getting "sex" from these relationships on the first few dates, so if your friend is coming for just a visit, and is happy to have a few chatmates to further is relationship when he gets back home, then this is a nice way to get a wife and find "true" love (I'm such a romantic). Then again, a short visit to date a few good girls?...or a short visit to "meet" girls...with the fun part? Another thing to remember...filipina's LOVE the videoke, so that would be the type of "bar" they would be hanging out in. So, may I suggest he sing a love song, Bryan Adams, be in key.... and he could possibly have 20 wives for the evening. :1927_:
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Buslot is correct. If he's an expat looking for a wife or relationship with one lady, try a mall...the actual honest working girls. Better yet, head to a church service.... or rent a bike and hit a fiesta in a province. Realize of course nobody will speak English quite the way the brochures portray the Philippines when you are up in the sticks...but you can find a very good woman up there. Bars and filipina meetings sounds like he won't have much luck, unless he is heading out to a bikini establishment such as the Viking, a place some posters in here can give you some info on (I've never been to any girl bars in Cebu). Even back in the west, meeting a girl at a normal bar would be the last place I would look for anything more then a one night stand, or a woman to have fun with on occasion. Take into account western woman and "good" filipina ladies are quite opposite, and I would imagine meeting any pinay at any bar would not be a wise long term investment. If he IS a sexpat...then Cebu is the place my friend...or Angeles City, and you will find many bars and professionals, as well as the seedy lowlifes they attract. The professionals will also be at any of the disco areas...again, not the best way to find a forever woman, IMHO. If I was looking, I would hit a mall and head to the clothing sections of the department store...seems a LOT of beautiful woman are more then willing to "help"...and you can easily have 20 phone numbers to text right away. Of course, you won't be getting "sex" from these relationships on the first few dates, so if your friend is coming for just a visit, and is happy to have a few chatmates to further is relationship when he gets back home, then this is a nice way to get a wife and find "true" love (I'm such a romantic). Then again, a short visit to date a few good girls?...or a short visit to "meet" girls...with the fun part? Another thing to remember...filipina's LOVE the videoke, so that would be the type of "bar" they would be hanging out in. So, may I suggest he sing a love song, Bryan Adams, be in key.... and he could possibly have 20 wives for the evening. :541:
Ahhh, thankyou Inspector. I've been a bit busy lately and didn't have time to reply but i see you've helped me out and done it for me. Yes these are exactly my thoughts. If the OP's friend is indeed looking for a longtime girlfriend and possibly more, then surely bars and clubs are NOT the place to be looking.All he need do is get a ticket and come on over. not to state the obvious but Cebu is full of eligible women and you have given plenty of good suggestions. Now if the guy was looking for a FUN time and a short relationship then yes by all means the bars would be the way to go. :1927_:
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well thanks for the info chaps I will use this advice if he does make it over btw he is not a sexpat thanks again