Australian Beer Market Going Through Period Of Uncertainty

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I would never have imagined a beer recession. :o When things are looking down, seems a good cold beer might be just the answer :D so say it isn't so. :89: :unsure:I know, it is all Tom's fault because he must have cut back, and now the whole country is feeling the pinch because of him. :lol: :lol: Says Foster's Beer CEO: Even in the beer-loving country of Australia, an iconic brand is feeling the recession's sqeeze.Foster's Group, the most profitable independent brewer in the world, reported a net loss of $93 million on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I would never have imagined a beer recession. :o When things are looking down, seems a good cold beer might be just the answer :D so say it isn't so. :13_4_10[1]: :)I know, it is all Tom's fault because he must have cut back, and now the whole country is feeling the pinch because of him. :whistling: :cheers: Says Foster's Beer CEO: Even in the beer-loving country of Australia, an iconic brand is feeling the recession's sqeeze.Foster's Group, the most profitable independent brewer in the world, reported a net loss of $93 million on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.
You could be right,I have cut my drinking down dramatically. If I had of known what the consequences to the economy would be I would never had done it. :cheersty:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

We don't drink so it does not affect us.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

I make my own Whisky so buying beer never happens but it is getting too bloody expensive to drink these days in Aussie land A cheap bottle of Scotch at the shop cost $30-35 I can make it for $ 6.00 and when we have parties at home no one has ever complained about the taste they say they cannot tell the difference I luv a cold beer but a cancer operation 12 years ago prevents me from drinking anything with too much "GAS" in it unless a Toilet is very close by :) When home in the PI I can drink San Maguel beer as it is not so gassy but after a case or two still need a toilet close by that's why I have 3 in our house now no lining up :13_4_10[1]:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I wasn't aware that ANYONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters beer. I thought it was the beer that we export to the rest of the world coz no one here will touch it! :hystery:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wasn't aware that ANYONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters beer. I thought it was the beer that we export to the rest of the world coz no one here will touch it! :hystery:
Maybe but Fosters has more than Fosters Larger. :hystery:http://www.fostersgroup.com/fosters-brands.aspx

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I wasn't aware that ANYONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters beer. I thought it was the beer that we export to the rest of the world coz no one here will touch it! :unsure:
Maybe but Fosters has more than Fosters Larger. :unsure:http://www.fostersgr...ers-brands.aspx
Us Queenslanders spell beer " XXXX " ya know. Geez, i had no idea Fosters made all those things, some of them i've never even heard of! Don't tell me they're still making that bloody horrible KB, no wonder they're having a hard time!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wasn't aware that ANYONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters beer. I thought it was the beer that we export to the rest of the world coz no one here will touch it! :unsure:
Maybe but Fosters has more than Fosters Larger. :unsure:http://www.fostersgr...ers-brands.aspx
Us Queenslanders spell beer " XXXX " ya know. Geez, i had no idea Fosters made all those things, some of them i've never even heard of! Don't tell me they're still making that bloody horrible KB, no wonder they're having a hard time!
Well I'm an Ex Victorian so Four X is not my beer and wont touch it,I like Carlton Cold, easy to drink type beer. I used to drink VB and many moons ago Melbourne bitter but cant recall drinking Fosters Larger unless there was nothing else available.I do remember a long time ago the breweries put on a strike right at Christmas time and the only beer available was from Perth,something called West end I think it was, yuk. :shooter: :nudie:

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Well I'm an Ex Victorian so Four X is not my beer and wont touch it,I like Carlton Cold, easy to drink type beer. I used to drink VB and many moons ago Melbourne bitter but cant recall drinking Fosters Larger unless there was nothing else available. I do remember a long time ago the breweries put on a strike right at Christmas time and the only beer available was from Perth,something called West end I think it was, yuk. :unsure: :unsure:
It's XXXX Gold for me these days, but i'll let you into a little secret, when i can't get my Gold on special i drink Carlton Mid. Taste is very similar. In the Philippines i just love my SML. By the way West end rates with KB as one of the worst beers we've ever produced IMHO.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

West end was from Sth Aussie I am sure, Swan and Emu came from WA and they were good beersSth aussie put out the worst beers I have ever tasted one was called southern death southic sorry I cannot spell it only remember how it came back upYes Boss man all these beers came around during that beer strike in 1978-9 I remember when the local announced that they finally had XXXX on tap it had been so long that everyone in the bar all said it tasted like sh*&tThe owner had to take us down the cellar to prove the keg had XXXX on itBut now so many beers to drink I dont know what to order in a pub any more