Australian Beer Market Going Through Period Of Uncertainty

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Speaking of beer, here is one photo I just got in an email which I think we all can use. lol post-40-0-15226700-1314356124_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
West end was from Sth Aussie I am sure, Swan and Emu came from WA and they were good beersSth aussie put out the worst beers I have ever tasted one was called southern death southic sorry I cannot spell it only remember how it came back upYes Boss man all these beers came around during that beer strike in 1978-9 I remember when the local announced that they finally had XXXX on tap it had been so long that everyone in the bar all said it tasted like sh*&tThe owner had to take us down the cellar to prove the keg had XXXX on itBut now so many beers to drink I dont know what to order in a pub any more
You are right,it was a SA beer,my memory is not as good as it used to be but I do remember having our work Christmas party trying to drink beer that we were not used to.Anyway I guess it really depends on where you live and what you were brought up on so to speak.I have no problems drinking San Miguel so all is good. :unsure:

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Yep San Miguel works for me so all is good as well :unsure:

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So has anyone thought about finding a way to import SM into Australia? Might be a money making business.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yep San Miguel works for me so all is good as well :lol:
I kinda liked the big tinnies of Fosters beer when my ship visited Perth a long time ago.I was celebrating with my Aussie buddies when Australian II won the America's Cup in1983. Dennis Conners of USA was such a cry baby! Anyway, San Magoo gives me the Hershey squirts but after a couple days, I'm good togo. Thirsty Jake

Bundy
Posted
Posted
So has anyone thought about finding a way to import SM into Australia? Might be a money making business.
San Mig is available here in Oz but only at limited outlets and mostly in City areas ( i live in the country ). I have never seen SML here but i believe it is available. Like imported goods in the Philippines, the same story unfolds here so you can guarantee San Mig Beer is very very expensive and as such, it would have a very limited market.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Yes you can get San Mig here in Aussie but unfortunately it comes under exotic beers and you pay a premium to drink it Jake did you ever get the chance to try the Darwin Stubby in your travels around?post-747-0-77661500-1314403004_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes you can get San Mig here in Aussie but unfortunately it comes under exotic beers and you pay a premium to drink it Jake did you ever get the chance to try the Darwin Stubby in your travels around?post-747-0-77661500-1314403004_thumb.jpg
It was a shame they stopped making those,I never got to see one but i know it was huge and sort of like an icon for Aussie beer drinks in its day.

Jake
Posted
Posted
It was a shame they stopped making those,I never got to see one but i know it was huge and sort of like an icon for Aussie beer drinks in its day.
Dang, that sucker is 2.25 liters of pure heaven! Never had the pleasure Braddo but I'll drinkanything cold. You know me, I'm cheap and easy.....he, he. Jake

Braddo
Posted
Posted

You had to think twice before ordering a six pack in Darwin in those days :bash: