Building A Cheap Home

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Good guessing guys lol yes I trust her shes the best girl around .. the reason for her living away is to gain Independence .. We are engaged and shes the one who want to live away from her parents .. Land is cheap where I want to buy and I,m leaning toward the bamboo .. heres a picture of what I,m thinkingviewtopic.php?f=3&t=1851&sid=10ee014291d968ccd391f3c7a886ff27&start=45 I have a estimate of between 2500p to 16000p per/sq meter lol any one build with bamboo ?
2,500 to 16,000 ? That's a massive price range, is one of them gold plated?
Yup! One is being had for those kinds of prices per sq meters in the provinces! Better tripe check on those Kano prices! Too fishy!

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Here is a small hollow block house built a few years ago for P80,000http://www.youtube.c.../16/c-gkY-gByto

We had help with some of the pricing as it was the family business at the time to supply windows, doors, door frames, window frames and roof trusses. My expectation would be P160,000 for the same thing now. Regards: Jim
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If I ever get the chance to have another home built, it would be something like in this website below: http://www.sibonga.c...es_concrete.htm

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
If I ever get the chance to have another home built, it would be something like in this website below: http://www.sibonga.c...es_concrete.htm
Thank you Art! Their website is very informative and full of illustrations. The company's name isNorthcon Construction and Management Corporation located in Makati and Cebu. Art and I are noway affiliated with this company. They build modern residential and commercial structures madeof laminated cement panels and NOT the usual hollow blocks. Respectfully -- Jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

My family lives in a Nipa hut in Leyte. I spent about $80~120k on it, but who's counting? We were having supplies delivered to us with no price on the receipt. My wife and the woman working as our farmhand were supposed to be in charge of it, but I was always getting different numbers out of everyone's mouths. Very frustrating. Still, a cheap enough place that we can use for quite a while. It's been nearly a year already. The carpenters were paid about 300 or 400 a day, i forget. Maybe 250. I really forget. But they estimated it would take a week. It took more than a month. Very frustrating. My wife also kept adding onto it, but the initial part that they said would take a week took at least two, probably three.Still, I'm in love with it, and it's a helluva lot prettier than a concrete house. But sure, my wife does aim to build a concrete house beside it one day. I aim for her to work in Canada first, and change her idea of "one day" from the near future, to 20 years later when we're ready to retire and have money coming out of our wazoos.... That's how it works, right? Retirement?

Edited by ekimswish

Curley
Posted
Posted
My family lives in a Nipa hut in Leyte. I spent about $80~120k on it, but who's counting? We were having supplies delivered to us with no price on the receipt. My wife and the woman working as our farmhand were supposed to be in charge of it, but I was always getting different numbers out of everyone's mouths. Very frustrating. Still, a cheap enough place that we can use for quite a while. It's been nearly a year already. The carpenters were paid about 300 or 400 a day, i forget. Maybe 250. I really forget. But they estimated it would take a week. It took more than a month. Very frustrating. My wife also kept adding onto it, but the initial part that they said would take a week took at least two, probably three.Still, I'm in love with it, and it's a helluva lot prettier than a concrete house. But sure, my wife does aim to build a concrete house beside it one day. I aim for her to work in Canada first, and change her idea of "one day" from the near future, to 20 years later when we're ready to retire and have money coming out of our wazoos.... That's how it works, right? Retirement?
$80 to $100,000 on a Nipa hut? In the Philippines? Is that American dollars? :)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
$80 to $100,000 on a Nipa hut? In the Philippines? Is that American dollars? :hystery:
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLL no, that ain't American dollars. Would I be living in a nipa hut if I had that kind of money?! lol....My favorite part of the house is the porch. It's an awesome place to chill out and watch the street activities, have a smoke, drink with a friend. Then we have the living room / bedroom, followed by a closet area and bathroom, connected to the kitchen and dining area, with a loft at the end of it all for the step-kids to sleep in. Under the loft, on the outside is our washing machine and clothesline. We have a big property there (in the family at least) where my wife likes doing some landscaping from time to time with rocks and plants. It looks nice to me. I just wish we focused on a giant garden rather than raising pigs.
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/gallery/image/668-house/This is my house when it was about 2/3 finished. The side angle shows a bit more depth to it.

Curley
Posted
Posted
$80 to $100,000 on a Nipa hut? In the Philippines? Is that American dollars? :hystery:
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLL no, that ain't American dollars. Would I be living in a nipa hut if I had that kind of money?! lol....My favorite part of the house is the porch. It's an awesome place to chill out and watch the street activities, have a smoke, drink with a friend. Then we have the living room / bedroom, followed by a closet area and bathroom, connected to the kitchen and dining area, with a loft at the end of it all for the step-kids to sleep in. Under the loft, on the outside is our washing machine and clothesline. We have a big property there (in the family at least) where my wife likes doing some landscaping from time to time with rocks and plants. It looks nice to me. I just wish we focused on a giant garden rather than raising pigs.
Sorry, you did write $$$$ in your post, I take it you meant Pesos?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I split this topic and started a new one with a post by Kenn since it relates to some sort of safety or bad experience rather than building a cheap home. I hope Kenn can elaborate about his bad experience.Topic is here,