Who Rules The Roost

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A funny question you may ask but i have to ask others who may give me the answer,

Having been married and been involved with the Filipino family sort of way of life and i have come to think that the men rule the house,

My wife sisters are married and it seems to me that there husbands rule what ever they say goes and there husbands family seem to be the ones that are better thought off then the wives family, am i looking at this wrong or do others see this too,

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I think it depends on whether you are viewing the public or the private face of the family.  In public, the man will be ruler of the roost.  In private, it will very often be the woman/mother.  Reminds me of the American saying "Behind every great man is an even greater woman".   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We don't have a roost. We are equal.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
In private, it will very often be the woman/mother

I have noticed this also. IMO Pinoy culture is very matriarchal, most likely due to men passing away young.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In private, it will very often be the woman/mother.

A funny question you may ask

Steve  girlpower.gif Did you really need to Ask? we all know the answer and the Pout tells it all. furious.gif they may be small and sometimes Unassumingfuzzy.gifbut like Mama  they weald the Stick hit.gif and any one that don't believe this, will live the next week in Silence.humpie.gif

but phone a friend to double checkmobile.gif When we can do what they can do, then that's the time to take over. Remember they don't pay long nose tax.

Morning All.

JPmunch.gif trying to live the easy Life. (so let the boss carry on)

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
We don't have a roost. We are equal.

Hmmmmmmmmmm but like communism, Some are more equal than others!

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Steve   Did you really need to Ask? we all know the answer and the Pout tells it all.  they may be small and sometimes Unassumingbut like Mama  they weald the Stick  and any one that don't believe this, will live the next week in Silence.

"Tampo" is a weapon of mass destruction.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
"Tampo" is a weapon of mass destruction.

Ain't this the TRUTH  evil.gif

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

My last GF in the states told me we should go camping but she was going to set up the tent. I told her of course, the squaw always sets up the tent while I stand around looking noble.

I remember when my uncles deep freeze accidentally got unplugged with the better half of a hog and a young steer in it. The "tribe" gathered and the women cooked and the men ate and watched football on the projection screen tv. I casually remarked that the world was in particularly good balance that day. My cousin Lori said she could not believe her ears and I told her to bring me a beer with the next platter of meat. It's great sometimes to not be married to any of them. :mocking:  But it's true that a house is not a home without a woman in it, at least for me.

I make all decisions that are crucial to me that involve safety and health/financial wellbeing. Also any decisions that I am particulatly suited to making, like what car we are going to buy. If I see dithering I will make a decision so we can at least get off dead center. The really tough decision, when you are asked if these pants make her rear look big, just say "Thankfully yes" she can't complain about that. :rolleyes:

• Like 1