Who Rules The Roost

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
I am the boss in my house.  There really isn't any debate about it either.  I know this because Janie said I could be (the boss).  Besides, everyone knows the boss is just a backwards stupid SOB, right?  That is definitely not my Janie.

So you rule the roost, buy Janie rules the rooster.  Sounds just like my house.  :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am the boss in my house.  There really isn't any debate about it either. 

:hystery:  Hmmmmmmmmm you are only wearing the Pants because she said you could and probably too Big for her anyways! :rolleyes:

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I think Dave Hounddriver nailed this one.  Somebody has to be in charge, and the most qualified person should assume the role of leader. They should have the final say in decisions, hold the money, and hopefully be considerate to the spouse.  In my family, I'm the one in charge, for now.  Wife was just 24 when we married and prior to meeting me, her life was all about school and work.  Being 42 and with much more life experience, it was a no-brainer that I would be the leader.  Wife has learned a lot over the past 3+ years and plays a much more active role in family decisions, but still ultimately defers to me.  As for money, we both earn our own and spend as we want, as long as our respective bills get paid.  This is working well for us now, but I have a feeling it could all change once we move back to the US in a few years.  Guess I should enjoy being the King and "ruling my roost" while I can! 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but I have a feeling it could all change once we move back to the US in a few years.  Guess I should enjoy being the King and "ruling my roost" while I can! 

Yes good idea, from what I have seen and heard, She will change when you are in the US. They all do my friend.

JP :tiphat:  :)

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Impossible to tell. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Impossible to tell. 

Referring to what in which post Mr Meth? :unsure:  :rolleyes:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Impossible to tell. 

Referring to what in which post Mr Meth? :unsure:  :rolleyes:

I meant "In my own case, I cannot tell who rules the roost" We do have "power struggles" from time to time and I think all couples do.

We are both hard headed people - a mutual friend remarked "You two don't need hard hats!"

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We are both hard headed people - a mutual friend remarked "You two don't need hard hats!"

Sounds just Like our House!  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

but I have a feeling it could all change once we move back to the US in a few years.  Guess I should enjoy being the King and "ruling my roost" while I can! 

Yes good idea, from what I have seen and heard, She will change when you are in the US. They all do my friend.

JP :tiphat:  :)

Agreed.   I think the change will be unavoidable, but I've planned for that and hopefully we will adjust.  Most people here think I could have done much better.  In the US, they will probably say the same about her.  But at least we are close, in that regard.  It's not easy to achieve that 

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 2