Who Rules The Roost

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

By mutual assent, she rules the roost!  It became evident very early in our relationship that she is better equipped to handle the finances and most anything that requires planning.

BUT, she has the grace not to make decisions in a vacuum.  We sit down and she very logically presents her view, which I am free to try bursting at will.  Adjustments are made as needed, and we both come away certain that we are on the same page.

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

By mutual assent, she rules the roost!  It became evident very early in our relationship that she is better equipped to handle the finances and most anything that requires planning.

BUT, she has the grace not to make decisions in a vacuum.  We sit down and she very logically presents her view, which I am free to try bursting at will.  Adjustments are made as needed, and we both come away certain that we are on the same page.

You are blessed with a practical wife!  Mine still has the "millionaire for a day" mentality.  She got her Christmas bonus this week and she keeps bringing home take out for us.  I'm trying to teach her to save and plan for tomorrow, but it's her money so what can I do? 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think it depends on whether you are viewing the public or the private face of the family.  In public, the man will be ruler of the roost.  In private, it will very often be the woman/mother.  Reminds me of the American saying "Behind every great man is an even greater woman".   :thumbsup:

I BELIEVE it's same as in SouthAmerica. There (at least in Chile) it SEEM the men decide everything, but in reality:

/The woman decide about HOME and KIDS

/The man decide about things OUTSIDE.    So IF he is employed worker, and have no motorbike/car, then he has NOTHING to decide about      :)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I wear the pants in the family - she does not like my kilt! 

Seriously I try to make sure we are in agreement with most anything we do.  But in important matters she prefers to let me decide and I am ok with that.  As for the house... I pay for it she keeps it clean.  She gets mad if I do any laundry or dishes so I quit.  Unless I am cooking up a big pot of chili, then I wash as I cook... but I have always run my kitchen like that.

I was discussing this with some Filipino college kids recently, and they were saying how patriarchal the Filipino society is. I told them I really did not think it was, at the home level.  The men like to strut around and act tough but most of the women have the jobs.  And the bread winner tends to rule.   But the laws are made by a male controlled government and Bishops so a lot of laws favor the men.  So it does seem a bit patriarchal in that way. 

• Like 2

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

I think it depends on whether you are viewing the public or the private face of the family.  In public, the man will be ruler of the roost.  In private, it will very often be the woman/mother.  Reminds me of the American saying "Behind every great man is an even greater woman".   :thumbsup:

Don't believe everything you read.

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

I made all the decisions in my house when I was single , why would I give up that when somebody joins me? I was doing a fine job of running my life , still am. My father taught me, my house my rules.

I understand there are men that make poor decisions and maybe a woman could do better , but not for me.

I have a " queen " as I say , living with me but for her to be a queen , I am the king. I never bought into that princess crap.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I am the king

And just how many times did you say you were divorced Chopper?? :cheers:  :hystery:  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I made all the decisions in my house when I was single , why would I give up that when somebody joins me? I was doing a fine job of running my life , still am. My father taught me, my house my rules. I understand there are men that make poor decisions and maybe a woman could do better , but not for me. I have a " queen " as I say , living with me but for her to be a queen , I am the king. I never bought into that princess crap.

:attention: Of course my friend, you have sort Authority/Permission to post this? :rolleyes:   :thumbsup:

Just asking!  :dance:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2